June 2011 Moms

Pacifiers - who still uses them?

If your LO is still using a pacifier do you have a plan of when/how you're going to take it away yet?

DD still uses one during nap time at home and bedtime.  (For some reason she's perfectly fine without it at daycare...)  We've managed to keep it contained to her bed and we won't let her bring it anywhere else.  I was ready to take it away months ago, but we transitioned to a toddler bed and we're potty training now, so I figure I better to stick to one big change at a time.  :)  After potty training is more consistent, the pacifier is next!  My goal has always been 2 years old and it's fast approaching!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pacifiers - who still uses them?

• We still do night time and naps.  I kinda feel the same way.  It's not like he's using it all day and if it's the one thing that really makes him happy I might as well let him keep it for a little while longer.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • imagebkeane619:
    We still do night time and naps. nbsp;I kinda feel the same way. nbsp;It's not like he's using it all day and if it's the one thing that really makes him happy I might as well let him keep it for a little while longer.

This. We'll probably wean her off of it this summer since we are off and will have more time. Plus I plan on taking her to the dentist and I'm sure he'll say to get rid of it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemamarazzi528:

DD still uses one during nap time at home and bedtime.  (For some reason she's perfectly fine without it at daycare...)  We've managed to keep it contained to her bed and we won't let her bring it anywhere else.  I was ready to take it away months ago, but we transitioned to a toddler bed

All of this is exactly true for us as well. Also, I finally weaned DS from his bedtime bottle about 2 weeks ago, so that was my priority. Tonight was his first night without the front crib rail, so I will wait until he's comfortable with that and I'm done teaching for the summer to tackle the paci.

• We weaned DD off them at the end of February. And I will say it went so much easier than I thought it would.

DD was pretty attached to her binky, so I was pretty nervous. But we took it slow, cutting back a little at a time. One thing that really helped was we cut the plastic part off her favorite binkies, we told her they were broken. So she had a choice, she could have her favorite broken binky, a binky she didn't like or no binky at all. Initially she wanted "broken binky" to cuddle with but after awhile, she lost interest.

We still have one or two laying around for "emergencies" - nights when she just isn't sleeping well or whatever. But she rarely asks for them or even cares about them at all now. So I hope you all have an easy transition like we did. 

July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• jc&catjc&cat member
    raising hand.....i hate it. naptime and bedtime but it's got to go. she loves her "faa" and i think it will be painful for all of us when its time to go.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My daughter uses them at naps and bed time but I keep them put away any other time.  She stopped being an all day paci user at about 6 months.  
  • imagevaligrl21:

We weaned DD off them at the end of February. And I will say it went so much easier than I thought it would.

DD was pretty attached to her binky, so I was pretty nervous. But we took it slow, cutting back a little at a time. One thing that really helped was we cut the plastic part off her favorite binkies, we told her they were broken. So she had a choice, she could have her favorite broken binky, a binky she didn't like or no binky at all. Initially she wanted "broken binky" to cuddle with but after awhile, she lost interest.

We still have one or two laying around for "emergencies" - nights when she just isn't sleeping well or whatever. But she rarely asks for them or even cares about them at all now. So I hope you all have an easy transition like we did. 

Thanks for giving us hope!  :)

• We do.  I'm almost embarassed that we haven't weaned him yet but he loves his "aci" so much!  He only has it at home. When he's at daycare, he never has it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagerunnergrl6675:
    We do.  I'm almost embarassed that we haven't weaned him yet but he loves his "aci" so much!  He only has it at home. When he's at daycare, he never has it.

I feel embarrassed about it too!  Though, I have a friend who doesn't wean her kids from it until 3 years, so I don't know...  I still haven't attempted yet!  My 8-month-old DS FINALLY started consistently sleeping through the night and I just want to enjoy that for awhile before I shake things up again.  :)

• We still use them & are in the process of getting rid of them. We are now only using them at bedtime & will soon take that away & be done for good.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My child would have one all day and all night if I let him! We give it during naps and bedtime and sometimes in the car. I am not looking forward to getting rid of it...
    BabyFruit Ticker  

• We still allow it during naps and bedtimes. We were just starting to ween him from sleeping with the pacey when he got sick. So it's been on hold until he gains more weight.

httpi790photobucketcomalbumsyy184elsabrown08e26d3682-3305-47b8-9997-1488d4f6ff18_zpscd6c53aajpg
    ~*~
    Married 4.4.09  ~*~  Me-34 & DH-32 ~*~
    Complete Thyroidectomy Oct 07'  &  Cardiac Ablation Surgery for SVAT Sept 11'
    BFP #1 - 10.3.10  I  EDD 6.11.16  I  Boy #1 born 6.16.11
    BFP #2 - 9.12.13 l EDD 5.27.14 l CP 9.20.13
    BFP #3 - 3.5.14 I  EDD 11.17.14 I  Boy #2 born 11.17.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"