Dads & Dads-to-be

5 Thing Thursday

1) Most of us are on, or working on, our first... I believe there are only a few with more than 1 child on the board, so the question is... how many do you see yourself winding up with when it is all said and done?

2) Has having children, or going to have children, change the way you look at vacation ideas?  Meaning instead of looking at backpacking across Europe, are you now looking at places that have good children's museums?

3) If money and time off work were no barrier, what would your #1 vacation choice be?  You can split it to international and domestic if you want.

4-5 are you.

Re: 5 Thing Thursday

• 1) Most of us are on, or working on, our first... I believe there are only a few with more than 1 child on the board, so the question is... how many do you see yourself winding up with when it is all said and done?

My hope is 3, that our 3rd is a girl and we can call it a family at that.  I have told my wife though, that if #3 is another boy, I would consider #4.  If we have 4 boys, then we stop regardless.

2) Has having children, or going to have children, change the way you look at vacation ideas?  Meaning instead of looking at backpacking across Europe, are you now looking at places that have good children's museums?

It has changed planning some.  The overall destinations don't seem to change much, but what we do on them has changed some.  I like going to zoos and museums and the like, so that hasn't changed, but if I hear there is a good children's museum, we try to make it a point to go.  Last big family vacation we went on was to Baltimore and Philly because Philly has a bunch of toddler friendly stuff to do.

3) If money and time off work were no barrier, what would your #1 vacation choice be?  You can split it to international and domestic if you want.

If money and time were no object, with the kids, domestically the #1 trip, when they are all old enough to appreciate it, would be a full on, no holds barred Disney World trip.  We are going in early 2015 (kids will be 4 and a month short of 2), but it isn't going to be a full on every park experience because the kids probably won't want to spend a full day in Epcot and in January we won't be doing water parks.

Internationally, I'd do one of two things.  Either a European tour hitting London, Paris, Rome, Berlin, Vienna, etc.  or an Australian experience... visit Sydney, hold a koala, maybe go out on a boat and see a Great White Shark (I probably would wuss out if I tried to get in the cage, but maybe I'd surprise myself),

4) My youngest's shaping helmet is now resembles a Colts helmet.  It isn't exact, the stripe along the center is too thick and obviously there is no facemask... but with the decals we got, it is close enough.

5) Both kids are dealing with the tail ends of colds... lots of coughing, interrupted sleep... lots of fun.  J has also started to act a bit more jealous when we give A attention now.  Not to the point where he doesn't like his brother, he hugs him multiple times a day, but he takes "his" toys away from his little brother, even if he hasn't played with it for a year.
  • 1) Most of us are on, or working on, our first... I believe there are only a few with more than 1 child on the board, so the question is... how many do you see yourself winding up with when it is all said and done?

Have 2 and all done.

Yes and no.  First, we have pretty much stopped going on big vacations until both kids are old enough to either enjoy the experience or stay at the grandparents for a week without us (being honest, this may be us not wanting to be without them for a week).  We have also taken shorter 'vacations', but they usually involve a day at a local amusement or water park.  No long trips for now.

Comicon/San Diego.  This is what we did for our first's babymoon.  We loved all of the other things in San Diego to do and my favorite was comicon.

• Loading the player...

I want to stop at two.  She wants to entertain a third if #2 is also a boy.  She wants to collect them all.

Haven't really changed our view on vacations.  Most of our trips were to visit family since we moved across the country from them.  Only real change is that we plan on less of them now.

Domestic: RV trip across America hitting all the National Parks
    International: Beer trip in Europe.  Hit Great Britain, Belgium and Germany.  Just bounce from brewery to brewery.

4) Finally got the promotion at work that I've been busting my butt for.  Nice timing for a little extra money now that my wife is staying home.

5) Our little guy has decided that sleeping is dumb.  Sunday night he refused to be put down and since then won't allow himself to be set down.  Only way he'll sleep is with a boob in his mouth.  I'm devising a strategy to make this a requirement for myself once I get access again.

• edited September 2013
    Happy birthday Jack19!
  • 1) When the boy is out of diapers we are starting work on number 2.  That will be it, regardless of gender.

2) We have already been on two vacations before Jacob turned 1.  D.C. and California.  I think outside of tropical, beach resort vacations, nothing is off limits.  He is great at flying, so that is most of the battle there.

3) Europe.  Or Balize.

4) Badger Big Ten opener is this Saturday.  Purdue comes into Madison for a spanking after the crime that took place at ASU last weekend.

5) We are having a chili chop on Sunday during the Packer game.

• Prime said:

5) Our little guy has decided that sleeping is dumb.  Sunday night he refused to be put down and since then won't allow himself to be set down.  Only way he'll sleep is with a boob in his mouth.  I'm devising a strategy to make this a requirement for myself once I get access again.
    Amen, and let me know if you figure out a way!
  • @jack19 Happy Birthday!

• 1) Most of us are on, or working on, our first... I believe there are only a few with more than 1 child on the board, so the question is... how many do you see yourself winding up with when it is all said and done? We want two for sure maybe three.

2) Has having children, or going to have children, change the way you look at vacation ideas?  Meaning instead of looking at backpacking across Europe, are you now looking at places that have good children's museums? Our vacations have always been family oriented since neither of us have ever really been out of our state and usually go places where there are things for kids to do

3) If money and time off work were no barrier, what would your #1 vacation choice be?  You can split it to international and domestic if you want. We would go to Harry Potter world in Florida or we would go up to Duluth, MN and stay in Canal park at a nice hotel for about a week.

4) I am a month and three days away from being old enough to legally drink

5) Started painting LO's nursery a pale green color (I think it's called Mint) with frog wall decals that just stick on and peel off.

Happy Birthday @jack19
    Lilypie - (QYVI)
    Daisypath - (cbj9)
  • apbloye said:
    @Jack19 what is TB and Happy birthday dude.
    TB = The Bump

My wife and I have always dreamed of having a big family.  We want five kids total.  A lot of people say "you'll stop at x number because you'll go crazy".  I don't think they understand the drive to have a large family.

My wife and I always take pretty tame vacations anyway.  We want to go and relax and find fun things to do.  Our trips are already family oriented so I guess my answer would be no.  Besides..I like museums ;)

Ireland, hands down.  A lot of my family came from Ireland, I still have the accent (an oddity in my family).  I would spend about a month there.

4) I am really excited about everything going on right now.  The baby is healthy, wifey is healthy, and everything is just great.  Seeing the 1st ultrasound was something that pretty much set my good mood into overdrive.  It is all so much more real.

5) I really need to start getting back into my artwork D:
    Salem Rowan Theoden born a healthy Beltane Baby!  May 1st
    8lbs 6.5oz and 21in long
  • 1.  We'll probably have two.  That is if I can get my wife to do this all over again.  She didn't really like pregnancy that much.

2.  Since LO is too young for any vacation, we have nothing planned in the near future.  We will be going to a couple amusement parks next summer but that's only because we have relatives that live near the parks to babysit.  

3.  It would be nice to do an all-inclusive caribbean vacation.  Just relax instead of running around like we did for our trip to London and Ireland.  Otherwise, I would love to go to Japan or Australia. 

4.  I really want to decorate the house for Halloween this weekend.  I bought this giant hooded demon at a thrift store to hang up on our porch.  He's about 7 feet tall and his arms stretch clear across the porch.  I am going to scare the shit out the kids this year. 
    >:)

5.  I really wish I was going to Halloweekend's at Cedar Point this year.

• 1) Most of us are on, or working on, our first... I believe there are only a few with more than 1 child on the board, so the question is... how many do you see yourself winding up with when it is all said and done?  We currently have one with both of us willing to have one more.  Two is plenty for us.

2) Has having children, or going to have children, change the way you look at vacation ideas?  Meaning instead of looking at backpacking across Europe, are you now looking at places that have good children's museums?  Not really, we would like one more trip to Europe but I have a feeling that we will be both paying for it the next time.  For vacation, the one big one every year is with her extended family to Lake Erie, Catawba Island for a week of fun.

3) If money and time off work were no barrier, what would your #1 vacation choice be?  You can split it to international and domestic if you want.  I would love to spend a lot of time in Northern Europe.  My wife wants to spend time in Spain since she almost got a minor in Spanish.  I personally have seem most of what I want in the United States but if money and time was no option I would take my children on a driving tour of the United States.

4) I was diagnosed with mild sleep apnea that if I was not having fatigue issues at times they would have done nothing.  I go next Friday to get fitted for a CPAP.

5) October is not going to be fun, MW will not be able to lift our son at all so it will be interesting to see how next month will go.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• jack19 said:
    thanks @prime @defaultjohnson1234

@ladyjenna13 long time no see man!

Thanks!  LIfe is crazy busy.  By the time I even entertain going online something else pops up that I have to take care of.  Figured I hadn't been here for a minute, so...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"