Adoption

DELETED

mawintermawinter member
edited September 2013 in Adoption

Re: DELETED

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • mawintermawinter member
    edited September 2013
    Allow me to clear up something. I posted my story rather than no story at all, so people would not find it a little strange if I simply came here, said "Hey I am adopted and if you have any questions or are on the fence about adoption feel free to ask". It seems in doing so I gave a mixed message regardless. I thought my post would be a good idea, it seems I was wrong. I apologize, now it is gone.

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for sharing your story. I think if you stick around you'll find there are other adoptees on here who can contribute as members of the adoption triad.
  • edited September 2013
    jalara48 said:

Being adopted does not mean you are qualified to offer adoptive parenting advice, or counsel on adoption itself.

While I do think that this post was a bit mis-guided (though well-intentioned), I have to say that I strongly disagree with this. The adoption community as a whole has a lot to learn some times, and I feel like the contributions of those who have been through it, and I mean actually lived their lives as adopted people, are incredibly important.

OP I do hope you will stick around and offer your thoughts as part of the regular conversations here.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• jalara48 said:
    No mixed messages as far as I'm concerned.

Being adopted does not mean you are qualified to offer adoptive parenting advice, or counsel on adoption itself.

If adoptive parents, or biological parents, need advice they are advised to seek out professional as they are the ones who are qualified.

I can be a cranky-butt on here sometimes, sure. But about this I am absolute.
    I never stated i was qualified and as for your message to me in private, I was only looking to share a friendly ear to someone or to answer a question someone maybe did not feel comfortable asking anywhere else. Again I was not looking to offer solid advice, as that is something that I agree should come from a pro.
    As for me sticking around, in all honesty this is not something I will be doing. This board has been nothing but stressful, either trying to seek advice or trying to offer a friendly ear or share a situation, which is something nobody deserves. 

• Ok I just didn't see OP offer parenting advice. I think it's fine for one person to offer answers to questions that are based on their experiences as an adoptee. I think that's very different from parenting advice. The post is gone so I can't reference it but I don't recall offers of parenting advice.

• As an expectant birth mom, I would have loved to read the story of someone who has lived the life I've chosen for my daughter. I'm sad to see that it got deleted before I could. I think a few of us might have enjoyed reading it, especially from the positive perspective she seems to have. Thanks for sharing, anyway!
    Birthmom to A, 1/8- the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao-Tzu

• I have to agree with Captain Serious.

I think you can also provide perspective to the occasional poster who is looking to possibly search for/reconnect with birth family. You can share your experience in terms of how you conducted your search, what the results were, and some of the issues you dealt with along the way. While not every adoptee is going to have the same outcome, knowing that they are not alone can be very reassuring.

• I didn't get to read your post before it was deleted either but, as a PAP, I like hearing about all adoption stories. I have family members who were adopted and I enjoy hearing how they feel about it now that they are adults. Every story is different but draw valuable information from any adoption story. https://joshandkrisloveadoption.blogspot.com/
  • Glad to hear it!
  • Glad to hear it!

This!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"