Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

1st bday with 100+ guests?!

We are going to a party this weekend for a friends babies 1st birthday.  This friend has a HUGE Italian family and over 100 people are invited to the party.  As a mother of a 1.5 yr old, I can't imagine the results if every person brought a toy or an outfit.  Way too much crap!  Please help me come up with a semi unique idea!  Under $40/$50 preferred!
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyName Ticker

Re: 1st bday with 100+ guests?!

• Options
    stock certificate to a cool company there is a website that does a whole package its a pretty cool gift!  www.oneshare.com

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• Options

Wow! I get having big families and the obligation to invite everyone, but 100+ at a first bithday? That's bigger than my wedding reception! :-) 

Do you have an indoor play gym or something like that in your area?  We have one of those near us that caters to babies up to age 6, I think. We love it for DS and would definitely use a gift card to somewhere like that.

Seriously, 100 people - can you imagine the potential duplicates they are going to receive in toys alone?  Target and TRU only have so big of a selection for 1 year olds!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went to a birthday party earlier this year that probably had over 100 guests (it was the entire top floor of a country club, multiple rooms of tables/chairs).  I got the same gift I would have given if there had been 5 guests (in fact, I just sent the same gift to a friend's child for his first birthday!)

I think a lot of times, culturally (and I could be wrong here) when there are that many guests, the gifts are usually monetary, and don't forget, that 100 guests doesn't equal 100 presents.  If they have large families (or even if each family has 5 people) then not every person will bring a gift (with 5 people in a family you would assume 20 gifts total)
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I could easily get to 100 people for a birthday party with just our families and a few close friends.  I have a large family, 6 siblings, all with kids.  There would probably be 25 family groups, and some of them would likely go in together on presents.
    You should see Christmas at my mother's house.  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I love giving personalized wooden stools as first birthday gifts. They are nice useful keepsake and fun for little ones.
  • Options
    I agree with gift card. We had probably 40 people and got a LOT of toys. No duplicates but some variations of the same thing (trucks), which is fine. The gift cards were a Godsend because we were able to use them towards another convertible carseat for DH's car.
  • Options
    art supplies!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Collin 7.26.09   Sarah 6.18.11   Sammy 5.30.13
  • Options
    Books!  I am a big fan of giving and getting books for toddlers.  I don't see books given a lot as gifts, so it's probably a safe bet.
    I always love books too. Just get a gift receipt in case there are duplicates. Otherwise, I'd also do a gift card.

• Options
    I agree with a gift card! That's a huge party!
    m/c 2013
  • Options
    We too are having a large party with close to 100 guest but you have to remember that a lot of those guest are children so they will not be getting even half that number of gifts. I am always appreciative of any gifts we are given. That being said when I go to 1st Birthdays I always give either clothing for the next season or a gift card to a store I think the mom can use. I feel like one year is that mark where many things need to replace so you can't go wrong. I usually also throw in a small toy for the child's enjoyment.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"