Baby Showers

Everyday, really??

A Facebook "friend" of mine is pregnant with her second baby. It's a boy and the older daughter is 4. She has been posting on Facebook at least once, sometimes multiple times a day, about her registry and posting links. "Don't forget to show baby some love" and "we would appreciate if you would help us buy baby some much needed stuff, here's a link to our registry" and "If you want to be nice and buy baby something, here's my registry". You get the idea.

Well I usually just keep on scrolling through my feed after a long annoyed sigh. Today, she changed her profile pic to a screen shot of her registry headline!!!!! I guess she is trying to remind us or is annoyed at the lack of "love" shown for baby? Ugh. I wish I had the guts to say something.

Rant over.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyName Ticker

Re: Everyday, really??

• Crickets. Never seen a response...

She's hidden now. Last straw.

BabyName Ticker
  • I wouldn't be able to censor myself.

Kudos to taking the high road...I'd be on the lowest road around. LOL.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageZTACRYSTAL:
    Crickets. Never seen a response...
    Chances are you're not the only person finding this tacky! 

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• She is pretty mch guaranteeing that no one will "show baby some love" after that. I'm much more likely to get a STM a gift if I'm not reminded to all of the time.

• imageZTACRYSTAL:
    A Facebook "friend" of mine is pregnant with her second baby. It's a boy and the older daughter is 4. She has been posting on Facebook at least once, sometimes multiple times a day, about her registry and posting links. "Don't forget to show baby some love" and "we would appreciate if you would help us buy baby some much needed stuff, here's a link to our registry" and "If you want to be nice and buy baby something, here's my registry". You get the idea. Well I usually just keep on scrolling through my feed after a long annoyed sigh. Today, she changed her profile pic to a screen shot of her registry headline!!!!! I guess she is trying to remind us or is annoyed at the lack of "love" shown for baby? Ugh. I wish I had the guts to say something. Rant over.

Where do these people come from?  I see posts like this all the time on TB and I am shocked there are so many weird and tacky people out there.  

• imagemplesset23:

Where do these people come from?  I see posts like this all the time on TB and I am shocked there are so many weird and tacky people out there.  

I don't get it either, but I think what it is is that these people know someone who did something tacky and because "no one had a problem" with it, they think it's totally cool to do.

NOT realizing that people did actually have a problem with it, but were too polite to say anything about it!  

So.... rude behavior starts to become more and more the "norm".  

It's scary. 

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• imageCranang:

I wouldn't be able to censor myself.

Kudos to taking the high road...I'd be on the lowest road around. LOL.

I'd be down there with you... Something along the lines of, 'yeah, we get it, enough already!' 

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• That is so gross. Honestly, it doesn't surprise me there are so many tacky people out there. It just saddens me to think of what values they'll instill in their kids.

• how annoying!! I wish someone would say something to these people. 
    I get so frustrated with the tackiness of some people, and they think I'm wrong for saying things like baby showers are really for first time moms to welcome to motherhood. I was at a family dinner and they all ganged up on me saying they were for the baby! I was like that's funny.. I'd never been to a party where the "guest of honour" wasn't even really there... so I just shut up and let them think what they wanted.. and then let them be disappointed nobody showed up to my cousin's shower she planned herself for her second baby because it was a boy, and her first was a girl, so she "needed stuff". Sigh. 
  • I think showers are for both mom and baby. At my shower just about everything I got was to be used for our little girl when she finally gets here. I wish I could have had my shower after she was here so others could enjoy her too. Now when number two comes along I don't expect anything really especially if I'm having another girl. When registering for some stuff I was was registering for big stuff that was gender neutral so it could be used in case number two is a boy. When the second also comes along ill register for things ill need at BRU just to get the completion coupons.
  • Are you sure the link isn't posting itself? I am scared to link ANYTHING to my Facebook account for this reason.....
  • Holy crap batmans!  You have much better self restraint than I would!

Without a doubt I would have said something to her about how it is her and her husband's job to "show their baby some love" and buy it whatever it needs! Gag me!  
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• I would have blocked, if not deleted her.
  • Oh, that is so embarrassing for her... and she doesn't even know it.

I think my Amazon registry had a link that said something like "Don't forget to share your registry!" next to Facebook and Twitter links. Um, hell no.

Maybe big business influences this bad behavior and makes people think it's normal to beg for gifts?

N '13 January Siggy Challenge
    ~*~ Winter Weather Fails ~*~
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"