May 2014 Moms

Elliptical or Treadmill ?

Me and hubby have been long planning to get an exercise equipment . Now that I am preggo ...wanted to know which ones' better ? Especially with winter round the corner (that means no walk in rain/snow) . TIA

Re: Elliptical or Treadmill ?

• CaliValCaliVal member
    edited September 2013
    Elliptical is lower impact if that's something you're worried about. Also I had a lot of round ligament pain starting around 5 months which made the elliptical a must over running on the treadmill.

If you want a machine you'll get a lot of use out of in the long run, treadmill. If you're wanting something while pregnant and that's your main concern I think the elliptical is better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have an elliptical at home that I absolutely love.
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies :)...
  • thanks again ...I am not a runner ...rather I hardly exercise ..but now that I am preggo ...wanna start somethign that stays ...like I am sure the healthy eating and small portions are going to stay for long ..
  • akifyreakifyre member
    edited September 2013
    I love my elliptical. That being said, it is very possible to move too fast on it, especially at first. So watch your speed on it. I have found starting off with a slower pace allows you to stay on it longer without my heart feeling like it wants to pound outside of my chest. Look for a model that allows you to check your pulse. My Obgyn states on the form they give every one, for our heartbeats not to exceed 165. 

I was the same Kweetkiki with the hardly exercising. It still feels foreign to me.

Also you may wish to try swimming as well.

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker 

November Siggy Challenge
    Christmas Story
    May 2014
  • I have bad knees (bus accident left overs) and the treadmill is hard on them. We'd prefer an elliptical due to low-impact.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I prefer the elliptical while pregnant. Just be sure to watch your heart rate. Especially if you didn't workout a lot prior to becoming pregnant.
  • I already had a eliptical that I bought to lose weight after DD, and I still use it 6 days a week.

I told DH that I plan to also buy a treadmill later in on in my pregnancy so that I continue to walk after I can't use my eliptical anymore.

Investing in your health is priceless; I don't think you can go wrong either way.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"