Baby Showers
Options

What do you write in your Thank You card?

My friends and family are amazing, and each deserves a personalized, sincere thank you card.

I am ashamed I have to ask but I do a lot of technical writing for my job which means my writing is concise, frank and boring. 

I am having the hardest time writing something that comes off warm and sincere in my Thank You cards. I feel bad.   

What are some things you say or have read that projects sincere gratitude? 

Thank you for your help! 

Re: What do you write in your Thank You card?

• Options

Dear (name)

It was so lovely to see you at my baby shower.  Thank you so much for coming-- and thank you for the (gift you got us).  We can't wait to (use it, dress baby in it, decorate nursery with it etc). 

Hope to see you soon!

(name)

Obvioulsly tailor it for your closer guests (mom, grandma, sister)

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    Something to the effect of

"It was wonderful to see you at my shower.  It meant a lot to me to have you there.  I also greatly appreciate the ____.  It will definitely be put to good use (or some descriptor of how youlll use the gift).  Can't wait for you to meet the baby!"

I'll be honest- it doesn't need to be much deeper than that.  Thank them for coming, thank them for the gift. 
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What PPs said. I also sometimes will say something specific about the item. Like, "I love how soft the little monkey is" or "Thank you so much for the onesies. Blue is my favorite color and the elephants are so cute."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    KatFCo said:

What PPs said. I also sometimes will say something specific about the item. Like, "I love how soft the little monkey is" or "Thank you so much for the onesies. Blue is my favorite color and the elephants are so cute."

I also add a specific comment about the gift.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"