LGBT Parenting
Options

Ten Things Tuesday!

Let's see what you got today folks! :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********

Re: Ten Things Tuesday!

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Good morning!

1.It's nice to see all the new people on the board. If I'm being honest, I would enjoy it even more if they did an intro before posting that they are pregnant or just got a bfp. 

2. We had successful ICI's this cycle, and from what it looks like, we timed them perfectly. If my temps are accurate and my chart is correct, I O'd on Saturday and am now 3dpo. 

3. We are definitely going to keep testing with opks this cycle because last cycle we caught that I surged a second time which made my cycle ridiculously long. 

4. It looks like my work project/case may be coming to an end because the Judge ordered that the parties mediate. I'm not sure what I'm going to do next, aside from asking for them to put me on another case. DW is so sweet and says that we are fine, even if I never work another day in my life. 

5. As a bonus to being almost complete with this project, I can finally get my Mom's Mother's Day gift made! I just need to measure her and hit the fabric store and then sew her a maxi dress that she will love. I miss sewing, so I'm pumped

6. DW was injured on duty Thursday and the initial report was that she fractured her foot. As it turns out, the radiologist did not see a fracture, and diagnosis is that she has a very serious sprain. 

7. It is hockey season and she is the goalie. As a result of #6, DW can't play right now and I am going through withdrawals from missing her team :)

8. On the up-side, DW is home with me for the next week and because I won't be working, we can actually enjoy each other's company. 

9 It's finally cooler weather here, and I'm so thankful. Currently, it is 35 degrees outside and our house is cold enough to warrant lots of blankets. It's my favorite time of year!

10. Wishing luck to @trisholio who is in the 2ww with me. @KH after her transfer. @2mamaz for her upcoming lining check. Everyone else, too!  

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Options

1. 2dp5dt today! Yay!

2. I have a really awful cold, and I am fairly miserable. I usually never get sick, and my wife and I like to joke that I have a rock star immune system. She gets every illness coming and going, and I usually don't even get a sniffle. Well, Saturday I started to feel a slightly scratchy throat and a tiny bit congested... Sunday more of the same, but I was on a high from Transfer Day, so I put it out of my mind. Yesterday, I woke up feeling totally disgusting. Mega sore throat, postnasal drip, super congestion. Yuck!

3. I think my wife and I have decided after some significant discussion NOT to test at home before the beta next Wednesday.

4. Fall has officially fallen. It was down right chilly out this AM. First morning wearing a jacket to work for me for the season. I will take it! :)

5. I finally sucked it up and bought a couple of new bras on Saturday. I am sporting one today. I am officially back in a D cup. I said to my wife last night that I sincerely hope not to be a DD in pregnancy, and she laughed and said "Honey, let's not kid ourselves, you are going to be at least that!" At least?!?! Dear lord...

6. I am also sporting a new wrap dress today that camouflages my bloat a bit. I don't think I want to wear pants again for a year. Thanks.

7. I am trying to teach myself to like orange juice. I am not really a fan. But I have given up all forms of coffee for now, and tea didn't sound appealing without artificial sweetener in it HAHA, plus the orange juice has vitamin C that will hopefully help with this darn cold. Anyway... I forced it down, but I did not really like it. I might try again tomorrow.

8. I am looking forward to GTKY Friday. A) Because it is my new favorite day on the board; B) Because then it will be Friday! Yep, I was out of work yesterday, so today is my Monday, and I am already wishing for Friday. Let's blame it on the cold.

9. I am now fretting over the fact that I feel like 10pt is early for my beta... did you other IVFers have your betas that soon after a 5-day transfer? What if my beta is low b/c it is too early? This is assuming that I am pregnant at all... Oh geez, I suppose I need something to worry about now, so this is what I have selected. I need to chill out.

10. My wife's new car is already missing a hubcap. We are trying to figure out if it fell off on the highway, or if it was stolen while parked somewhere. Let me rephrase - we don't know, not we are trying to figure out... there really is no way to figure it out. A single new hubcap is only like $30, but that is not the point. It is highly irritating that we have only owned this car for a grand total of 3 weeks and there is already an issue. Albeit small. The end.

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    KH826 said:

2. I have a really awful cold, and I am fairly miserable. I usually never get sick, and my wife and I like to joke that I have a rock star immune system. She gets every illness coming and going, and I usually don't even get a sniffle. Well, Saturday I started to feel a slightly scratchy throat and a tiny bit congested... Sunday more of the same, but I was on a high from Transfer Day, so I put it out of my mind. Yesterday, I woke up feeling totally disgusting. Mega sore throat, postnasal drip, super congestion. Yuck!

Feel better!!

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN

• Options
    @KH:
    Watch that cold. I suffered a wicked "cold" with no meds for 3+ weeks while pregnant only to learn it was an ear infection (not being able to hear, at all, should've tipped me off). I'm not a fan, but antibiotics are safe during pregnancy which I had no idea of, so just an fyi.

Second, why force juice? I never drink juice because it's more or less a sugar bomb. Eat the orange itself instead. I drank a lot of sparkling water while Prego! And I just switched to decaf americanos yesterday which are fine. I agree about tea. No go for me, I associate tea with having a cold!

Glad you love GTKY Friday! I work on questions throughout the week! Ideas are welcome!

Last, that is an early beta! But remember, it's the doubling that matters. I got positives POAS at 5dp5dt on a free, which requires at least 20 or so to show. So i wouldvr had a lower beta then 9dp5dt for sure. The low number may cause you stress, but that early, its expected behavior. debating testing this time after the chemical last time, but i don't want a surprise bfn at work, so I'll at least test morning of beta.

GW: thanks for the GL!
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options

@2mamaz - you are a wealth of knowledge! For what it is worth, it was lower sugar OJ, and I diluted it with water b/c it was too strong for me. But you are right, going straight for the orange would be a better choice.

Also, I will keep an eye on the cold, but right now I have no reason to believe it is anything other than a yucky cold. I have taken my temp several times just in case, and it has been normal. My ears don't hurt at all either. Today is really only day 2 of feeling it full force, but if it doesn't seem to be subsiding in a few more days, I will go to the doctor.

I asked the Dr on the day of transfer by 10dpt for the beta, as it seemed early, but he said that if it were an IUI 10dt is like 16dpiui. He also said that if I am pregnant, I should have detectible levels of HCG by 5 or 6 dpt, so really it isn't that early. I am just trying to keep all that in mind and not freak out if it is only a double digit number at 10dpt.

And lastly, good luck at your lining check! Can't wait to hear about your "fluffy ute" in the words of @ball.and.chain! :)

• Options
    Good morning ladies!!!
    1. I would have to agree with GoaliesWife123, it can be a little annoying when new people just announce their BFP or ask a million questions about TTC without reading previous boards or introducing themselves.  
    2. I have to say I applaud the 'veterans' on here that are always answering questions and encouraging everyone.  On top of that they are dealing with long amounts of time of TTC, we really appreciate your wisdom and patience ladies :-)
    3. We did our trigger on Sunday, so I am 1dpo--we did ici on sunday and monday and will do another one this evening.  Just to make sure.
    4. I know we all have crazy dreams, but I have a good feeling about this month.  I have a feeling and I have been having dreams about twins.  I was dreaming about ways to tell our parents we were having twins.  I would def prefer to have those dreams instead of the panic dreams I usually have.
    5. Our KD is really awesome, he is awesome at accommodating our life and schedule.  
    6. I need to get my butt in gear and take my dogs to the vet, they just need to get updated shots.  We have to do it to get our foster parenting license.  
    7. After these shots we only have to get 3 more things completed....I see the end in sight!
    8. I used to love watching drama shows like CSI, SVU, Sons of Anarchy and many others.  I don't know if it's getting older or dealing with trauma as an adult, but I just can't watch them anymore.  They give me major anxiety and nightmares.  It makes me feel like such a wimp
    9. I was at the park yesterday with the little girl I watch, a friend and my wife.  The little girl was playing and I got stung by a wasp twice.  I seriously almost cried!  It hurt so bad.  It flew up my leg and stung my knee.  I guess I am just thankful it wasn't a bee, because I am allergic to them.  
    10. Good luck to GoaliesWife123, we are TWW buddies!!
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options
    Yay!  Ten Things Tuesday! I love this post, but do agree with @KH that GTKY Friday is my ultimate favorite.

1.  Months ago I was one of those newbies who didn't post an intro.  I'm sorry!  I'd be glad to post an intro (albeit a bit delayed) if you'd like :)  I really like "knowing" all of you and your stories so I can understand wanting to know the newbies' stories too!

2. B and I are in the process of buying a house.  We sent back the amendment with the items we found in the inspection and now it's a waiting game.

3.  I am a terrible waiter. 

4. B has an after school program to work tonight so I'm hoping to get a ton done while she's gone and to have dinner ready for her when she gets home.

5. Daycare talked to me the other day about moving N up to the next room.  Agewise she's fourth in line for the move so I really wasn't ready to discuss the jump yet.  The older babies in her room aren't mobile yet and she is so I understand... I'm just not ready.

6. Along with #5 and N's mobility, daycare also talked to me about how N likes to steal all the babies' nuks.  I guess all the babies are just laying there enjoying their nuks and N crawls over to them and rips the nuks out of their mouths.  Yep.  My daughter is the nuk thief! 

7. We are hoping to close on our house September 27th.  So half of our stuff is packed.  I really hate living out of boxes and suitcases.

8.  I will have to look through the boxes tonight because Thursday is picture day at daycare and of course I didn't think to leave out a favorite outfit!

9. Some days, today included, I wish work would just disable the ability to look at Pinterest.  I have NO self control over Pinterest and normally end up spending hours looking at it.

10.  I agree with @trishollo, I just wanted to say "THANK YOU" to all the ' veterans' of the board.  They all have been really great about explaining and encouraging everyone.

10.5  I really love this board.  I look forward to talking with all of you everyday!
  • Options
    1. Wish I was napping right now, but Kaden wouldn't go down on the first attempt so I gave him some teething tablets (he has 4 teeth coming in poor kid)  and a little break. We'll try again in a few. He's become a really great sleeper so I can't complain :-)
    2. @KH826 can't wait to hear the updates next week. Also I "hear" that colds are good for pregnancy - something about the immune system being out of whack helping the babies get all cozy. I was sick with a cold when I got pregnant in August. FX it's benefiting the twins even if you are miserable :(
    3. EV had a big interview yesterday and now we wait hoping to hear good news. This job seems like it would be perfect for her so I am REALLY crossing all fingers and toes that she gets an offer soon.
    4. Kaden likes to push the keyboard keys so if you find random letters or misspellings it's his fault ;-)
    5. I have been having a really hard time drinking water so I've been drinking water with lemon and limeade mixed in. It goes down so much easier.
    6. We're staying with my brother & sister-in-law in their guest cottage again and I am so glad to be back. It's also nice to have my sister-in-law come by offering to feed Kaden dinner and give him a bath. They will never get us to leave!! :-)
    7. We (well me really) have been playing with our housing budget. It seems that we might have to spend a little more to get something we'd like in our preferred neighborhoods in the SF East Bay area. We're also looking further out where you can get more house but it's a further commute and not as centrally located. 
    8. I have heartburn that I can only really blame on being pregnant, but it seems a little early??
    9. Also I can't wear my normal pants anymore they dig into my bloated belly. UGH. So it's maternity clothes for me *blush* at 8 weeks...
    10. Okay time to try Nap Part 2.

Flashback Pic: EV and Kaden making faces. She always sends me the cutest pics when I'm out of the house.

• Options
    1. I did the first day of the second week of couch to 5k today.

2. I started with week two instead of one because between baseball and my recent walking I figure I'm not quite at "couch" level.

3. I enjoyed it after my tight muscles loosened up and Frannie was mostly well behaved on her leash so it worked out.

4. Because my day is a bit hectic today with a lot of appointments, I or up a bit early and worked on my dissertation before I took M to work and went to my first appointme.

5. Tonight M and I are going to see the Heat again. :)

6. Others have mentioned things they'd like on the board so I will add mine. I would love it if more folks would add signatures with info about where you are in your journeys. It helps me remember who's who and provide more helpful feedback. Obviously signatures are not required and folks may have reasons not to want them but I do like them. :)

7. As you might be able to tell from my longwordedness in 6, I'm always worried that the written word will be taken the wrong way.

8. It is a gorgeous day in Toronto!

9. Two weeks from today we will in our new apartment

10. I'm full from my spaghetti lunch
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    1. Yay apple season! Today was my first chance to go to the farmer's market since I broke my foot. My favorite apples are late-season so they aren't out yet, but there were Cortlands, Macouns, Galas and Honeycrisps. I also got some really beautiful Indigo Rose tomatoes, which I'd never seen before.

2. I don't know if I've updated on this board, but I am down to one crutch and bearing weight on my foot (in the walking boot). It's a huge step up in mobility because I am more stable and have use of one hand, so I can actually carry things around, get myself tea, etc. My wife calls me "Tiny Tim" though. :(

3. I bought a new car last night! It's still in transit to the dealer but I'm excited about it.

4. Do @2MamazinSeattle and I both have lining checks this week, or are people confusing us? I can't remember...now I'm confused. :) But I am definitely going to the RE for a lining check tomorrow morning.

5. @KH826, my betas are 9dp5dt. If you think of ER day as ovulation, it's 14dpo which is a totally normal time for a beta. In both pregnancies I've had betas over 100 at that point.

6. As a veteran of this board (am I the oldest veteran of the regular posters? I've been here since June 2011), I will gladly accept the thanks being doled out today to veterans! Sometimes it is hard to watch people come through the board, get quick BFPs, and progress through their pregnancies after I've been chugging along without success for so long, so it's nice to know that at least my *ahem* experience is useful to people. Sometimes I get annoyed with answering the same questions over and over but I try to be patient and remember that it's THAT person's first time asking it. I benefited a lot from the knowledge of others on this board (most of whom are no longer here) and I do feel like I ought to pay it forward.

7. I can also sympathize with @GoaliesWife123 and @trisholio about newbies who come on announcing pregnancies. It's hard to see, and my initial reaction is often, "Why would I be excited for someone I don't know, especially when I've been so unsuccessful?" But I try to remember that those people are just eager to share their news with others -- in many cases, they aren't ready to be "out" IRL yet, so they have no one else to announce to. Also, I have been on this board since I was in the planning stages of TTC, but lots of people (maybe because the board is named "LGBT Parenting?") either don't think to post here or don't seek a community out until they are already pregnant. I think the bottom line is that if you stick around, learn who everyone is, participate, and offer support to others, you will probably fit in and be an accepted member of the community in no time! I actually think @ATXMommas was already pregnant when she got here (though IIRC she definitely posted an intro) but I think of her as practically an oldie by now. :)

8. I'm going to a Sukkot party on Sunday. Never celebrated it before (I'm not Jewish) so I'm looking forward to a new experience!

9. I'm impatient to do my FET but also frustrated at the number of things I wanted to do before it that I haven't been able to do (because of my foot). Example #1, paint our front door and shutters. Somehow being on a ladder with a broken foot seems like a bad idea!

10. I LOVE FALL. It is beautiful and chilly out today. Bring it on!!!
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hello!

1. This is my first TTT! I usually get .0001 seconds to do anything on the computer, but I actually got to spend my lunch break to myself!

2. I got a lovely new chromebook, and I'm really enjoying using it! 

3. Looking forward to tomorrow for a bloodtest based on my at home test, not looking forward to driving in morning traffic to get it drawn.

4. I and my wife didn't hear my dog crying this morning to go out and she urinated next to the bed.  :( I feel terrible because she was so sad and now there's pee residue in the carpet. I blame myself.

5. I hope this season of Dancing with the Stars will be good- I really love Bill Nye, but he did not do well at all last night. Hopefully he will step up his game.

6. It's surprisingly difficult to come up with ten things to write about.

7. I can't wait for all the fall shows to come back, tv has been boring lately for us.

8. I'm happy the sun is out, can't wait to go for a walk later.

9. My lunch is very good today! 

10. Time to get back to the grind...ugh.

image image 
    Mom to the Lil Man and the Lil' Lady born at 33wks1day 
  • Options
    1. Yay apple season! Today was my first chance to go to the farmer's market since I broke my foot. My favorite apples are late-season so they aren't out yet, but there were Cortlands, Macouns, Galas and Honeycrisps. I also got some really beautiful Indigo Rose tomatoes, which I'd never seen before. 2. I don't know if I've updated on this board, but I am down to one crutch and bearing weight on my foot (in the walking boot). It's a huge step up in mobility because I am more stable and have use of one hand, so I can actually carry things around, get myself tea, etc. My wife calls me "Tiny Tim" though. :( 3. I bought a new car last night! It's still in transit to the dealer but I'm excited about it. 4. Do @2MamazinSeattle and I both have lining checks this week, or are people confusing us? I can't remember...now I'm confused. :) But I am definitely going to the RE for a lining check tomorrow morning. 5. @KH826, my betas are 9dp5dt. If you think of ER day as ovulation, it's 14dpo which is a totally normal time for a beta. In both pregnancies I've had betas over 100 at that point. 6. As a veteran of this board (am I the oldest veteran of the regular posters? I've been here since June 2011), I will gladly accept the thanks being doled out today to veterans! Sometimes it is hard to watch people come through the board, get quick BFPs, and progress through their pregnancies after I've been chugging along without success for so long, so it's nice to know that at least my *ahem* experience is useful to people. Sometimes I get annoyed with answering the same questions over and over but I try to be patient and remember that it's THAT person's first time asking it. I benefited a lot from the knowledge of others on this board (most of whom are no longer here) and I do feel like I ought to pay it forward. 7. I can also sympathize with @GoaliesWife123 and @trisholio about newbies who come on announcing pregnancies. It's hard to see, and my initial reaction is often, "Why would I be excited for someone I don't know, especially when I've been so unsuccessful?" But I try to remember that those people are just eager to share their news with others -- in many cases, they aren't ready to be "out" IRL yet, so they have no one else to announce to. Also, I have been on this board since I was in the planning stages of TTC, but lots of people (maybe because the board is named "LGBT Parenting?") either don't think to post here or don't seek a community out until they are already pregnant. I think the bottom line is that if you stick around, learn who everyone is, participate, and offer support to others, you will probably fit in and be an accepted member of the community in no time! I actually think @ATXMommas was already pregnant when she got here (though IIRC she definitely posted an intro) but I think of her as practically an oldie by now. :) 8. I'm going to a Sukkot party on Sunday. Never celebrated it before (I'm not Jewish) so I'm looking forward to a new experience! 9. I'm impatient to do my FET but also frustrated at the number of things I wanted to do before it that I haven't been able to do (because of my foot). Example #1, paint our front door and shutters. Somehow being on a ladder with a broken foot seems like a bad idea! 10. I LOVE FALL. It is beautiful and chilly out today. Bring it on!!!
    My wife is using one crutch as well and I have referred to her as "Tiny Tim" a hundred times already :D I'm glad to hear that you are healing!

• Options
    As a veteran of this board (am I the oldest veteran of the regular posters? I've been here since June 2011), I will gladly accept the thanks being doled out today to veterans! Sometimes it is hard to watch people come through the board, get quick BFPs, and progress through their pregnancies after I've been chugging along without success for so long, so it's nice to know that at least my *ahem* experience is useful to people. 7. I can also sympathize with @GoaliesWife123 and @trisholio about newbies who come on announcing pregnancies. It's hard to see, and my initial reaction is often, "Why would I be excited for someone I don't know, especially when I've been so unsuccessful?"
    I hope I wasn't a downer for anyone with my monday post! It makes me feel like a jerk to be honest since I know some of you ladies have been trying for some time..I really appreciate all the wisdom and support that this board is overflowing with. I also feel like I should apologize because I don't post often- I don't get much time to surf the web, but I try to make it a priority to check in on this place at least for the monday check-in! We're also trying to keep out TTC/pregnancy a secret- and there may be friends of ours that check this board from time to time- hence why I'm not one to share too many personal details about myself just yet. ;) I promise I'll make a better effort to be active around here when I can!
    image image 
    Mom to the Lil Man and the Lil' Lady born at 33wks1day 
  • Options
    1. @KH826 - I was a C+/D- pre-pregnancy and am holding steady at a DD for now, so, you are likely to hit DD during pregnancy. I'm ok with it, but am scared to see how big they get while nursing.

2. It's still in the mid-90s here during the day and 70s overnight and our A/C appears to have gone out. It was a hot night! Need to place a call. It will still be warm for a while and I was pretty miserable last night.

3. I'm ok with it being warm for a while. It's not crazy hot anymore a d I would love to get by with the maternity clothes I already have instead of buying a bunch of fall stuff. Although there are a couple if really cute long sleeve maternity/nursing tops that I have my eye on that I will probably break down and buy at some point.

4. I feel myself starting to move more slowly, but overall still feel really well. I haven't had any swelling and just have minimal achiness in my back. Really think yoga has played a big part in that.

5. I have back-to-back meetings from about 9-4 today. Bleh.

6. Child Birth class #2 tonight. I have 3 or 4 books I want to finish reading (I started 3 at the same time for some reason) and I just can't find the time. I'm so tired by the time I get in bed. I just need to focus on one at a time and remind myself I have 10 more weeks to go. Also, trying to remind myself to be kind to myself if I don't finish them all. It's not the end of the world.

7. Starters this list at 8:30am, picking it back up at 12:30 (lunch break before its back to mtgs).

8. About intros - I like seeing intros too and here's my ramblings... 1) It can be a little intimidating to start posting. Some people may be like me and think why would these people care where I'm coming from? Which is silly once you get to know the wonderful people on here. But part of what helps us get to know each other (and differentiate between all the random screen names) is to know a bit about each other's stories. 2) I was pregnant when I started posting. I was pregnant with my first when I found this board, then the world bottomed out on me when we TFMR. I couldn't look/read/be around anything baby related for many months. I didn't strt posting here until after we received our Mat21 results and felt safer with this pregnancy. I did post a really long intro telling my story, which I hoped helped. I didn't want to jump in with a yay-I'm-pregnant attitude - I wanted y'all to know that I had experienced heartache and struggles too. B&C - I know you weren't calling me out or asking me to defend myself in any way - just offering perspective on why I joined when I did. 3) Siggys - I have tried to add one in the past, but it didn't save. And I have mixed feelings. I don't know that I want TFMR to be staring me in the face all the time. But totally get Healz's point. Siggys help me a lot! 4) To sum up, I think you get out if this board what you put in. People will be more excited for you and you will feel more connected if you are willing to share more. Whew.

9. Hope y'all know how much I root for each and every one of you even though I only know you by a screen name. :-)

10. I hate mobile bumping TTT.

Deep thoughts today, but good to read.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1. In newbie defense I got the bump app when I found out I was pregnant, because I am about to have a bump. I am an active member on another lgbt community forum on another site. That is where all my TTC support is from and I still root on the girls that are still trying over on that board.

2. I get to volunteer again tomorrow for work and its at a hospital near by making package of baby supplies for new mothers.

3. Today is probably the worst I have felt since getting my BFP

4. Trying to figure out if we are going to do genetic testing is tiring.

5. Our nephews are coming to town this weekend and we are taking them to the traveling Thomas the train exhibit. I'm probably more excited to see their reactions then they are to ride Thomas ha,

6. We are getting a new entertainment center tonight. Our pups are in crates during the day because they go nuts when the see anything out the widow. I just realized if we blocked the 6 foot front window we would not have that problem!

7. I'm eating half a pineapple right now and I'm not mad about it at all!!!

8. I wish I could sleep better at nights. I know it's only going to get worse!

9. I miss the ocean! I was born and raised in Orange County and I miss living a mile away from water.

10. I want it to be the holidays already I miss my family :)
  • Options
    1. It was an amazing weekend full of the cider mill (YAY!), a high school football game, and a local DIY festival! K took me apple picking for the first time and we had so much fun. She also really really loves football and my (not-so) little cousin had a game Friday night so we went to support him and she got her football fix (SIDE NOTE: High school football games are $5!!!) The DIY festival was awesome and we got to spend time with some of our favorite friends :)

2. It's going to be 80 degrees by Thursday. Whomp Whomp...

3. I think I'd like to start Couch to 2K. I'll see if K wants to do it with me. I always work better with a partner.

4. My dogs are driving my bonkers today. My head is pounding by 5pm. I need to go to a coffee shop and work or something.

5. We had dinner at K's parent's house yesterday. I enjoy her mom's company. I think she enjoys having a girly girl around since K said no to dresses and most girly things at like age 5.

6. We are going to a wedding in 2 weeks and although I am not very excited for the wedding, it is a sorority sister of mine who is marrying a fraternity brother of my ex (male) serious boyfriend, I AM very excited to get away from the house for a day/night and spend time with my wife.

7. It will be the first time I've seen said ex in almost 3 years and I know K is dreading it, as if I would suddenly have the feels for this guy. Ick.

8. I can't wait for Law & Order SVU to be back on TV!

9. K's birthday is in less than a month annnnd if she doesn't get her act together and pick a cover for her truck she isn't getting ANYTHING 

10. I am ready for the weekend already! <:-P

M: 25  DW: 26
    Married 5/31/13
    TTC #1
    Lesbian mamas to our fur babies
    11/13 - Waiting for test results to get the party started!

• Options

2. It's going to be 80 degrees by Thursday. Whomp Whomp...

8. I can't wait for Law & Order SVU to be back on TV!

Don't you love Michigan weather? 

Also, I can not wait for SVU to come back on either!! It looks like it is going to be a REALLY intense 2 hour premier! 

• Options
    1. @KH826 - I was a full c before pregnancy, last month I had to get bra band expanders just due to the baby still being high, but I didn't need to buy new bras for a month. I removed the expanders in the last couple of days as the baby has settled and stopped expanding my ribs so much. BUT, I did go to DD in pregnancy and just ordered an F for BFing. Woah. That was weird! Lets hope I don't go to G!

2. @healz - good for you with that couch to 5k. Embracing running was one of the most rewarding things I ever did. And I had never run a mile in my life before taking on my first half marathon 3 years ago. It's very empowering and it really pays off on the physique too! I can't wait to go running again.

3. Still pregs here. :)

4. Last night was a tough one. Mostly due to the dogs. Ugh.

5. Winding down at work has been interesting and kind of nice but I've become a bit of a catch all for random stuff because I don't have much time left

6. I was craving a particular dessert from a local restaurant for seriously like 6 months and a friend finally took me to get it last night. It was gone in literally 5-6 minutes. :/

7. I'm still fighting with the pest company about our ant issue that was discovered after we moved in. I think this week will be the week that I will finally be able to cancel the contract. Ugh. Just KILL them.

8. I wish I wasn't so quiet when I'm by myself.

9. I seriously feel like I shave my legs all the time but these hormones literally make it impossible to keep up. How can one person grow leg hair so fast!?!. Sigh. It's hard to work around the belly at this point.

10. Looking forward to a great night at home with S and early bedtime.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

1. @KH826, I hope I wasn't seeming bossy in my pp - just I suffered with a "cold" for SO LONG because my midwife told me it had to run its course. If only I'd known! And the OJ wasn't a diss, just wondered why you were trying to drink it!

2. I should wake up more before responding to posts on TB.

3. @ball.and.chain - I indeed have my wanding tomorrow as well :) How exciting for us to share such a fun event on the same day. I just wish your FET was sooner!!

4. Yesterday I stopped the caffeine in my FET-prep efforts and ohhhhhhhhh the headache I had last night. I was only drinking a split-shot so it should pass quickly. At least by doing it ahead, I can take an advil if I want!

5. I decided to just live life the same whether I get pregnant or not - so I have two work trips booked in October even though I said I didn't want to travel in the first trimester, I did take a few trips last time and the baby loss was like 5 or 6 weeks after the last flight, so doubting that had anything to do with it.

6. Our next-door-neighbor went tuna fishing this weekend and brought us a gorgeous piece of fish last night just as I was starting dinner! We ended up having that atop pasta with tomatoes from our garden.

7. One of my work trips is to NYC and I think I need to get the stylist person at Nordstrom to outfit me for a NYC meeting. We don't dress 'new york' here in Seattle; plus, I'm el-chunk-o from this past year of pregnancy and fertility efforts. :(

8. J's new shop is proving a bit stressful. I hate seeing her feeling defeated, but it's like a newborn right now - I tell her she needs a little time to get to know her 'new baby.'

9. I cannot wait until Friday/the weekend. I need a breather from work! We had a Fukashima-like meltdown in Europe on one of our services, and my boss has "leveraged" me for about 10  (after) hours of help with the minute-by-minute post-mortem. We turned it in today. Phew.

10. Breaking Bad was so.effing.good this week, I haven't stopped thinking about it. Also last night I watched 3 episodes of Dexter in an effort to veg out! Whoops!

Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options

1. @KH826, I hope I wasn't seeming bossy in my pp - just I suffered with a "cold" for SO LONG because my midwife told me it had to run its course. If only I'd known! And the OJ wasn't a diss, just wondered why you were trying to drink it!

Seriously, don't be silly! I totally did not take it as you being bossy. I appreciate your 2 cents always, and I will give you my 2 cents back. :)

• Options

10. Breaking Bad was so.effing.good this week, I haven't stopped thinking about it. Also last night I watched 3 episodes of Dexter in an effort to veg out! Whoops!

DW and I just started watching this series on Netflix. We are on season 2 now....some episodes are better than others, but overall, it's a good series! 

• Options

1) I'd also like to shout out to the veterans on this board - they are far more gracious than many vets on other boards and I really, really appreciate it since I know I've asked a lot of naive questions myself.  All of this is so confusing and it's a whole new world from what we normally understand.  Having a sounding board of other lesbian moms/TTCers has been incredibly helpful for me.  My straight friends don't really understand, and I don't have any lesbian friends IRL who are trying to get pregnant so... I'm glad this board exists :)

2) Doctor called and it turns out I did not ovulate so onwards with starting Provera.  This will be my first experience with fertility meds.  I am a bear when I have PMS so I'm fearing the Clomid Crazies.  Because of my weight I'm starting on 150 mg per day, which from my understanding is a high dose so... we shall see.

3) I have a mini dachshund.  He was a gift from C to her ex when they were in college.  Her ex abandoned the dog and now he's in our care.  He suffers from a slipped disc and his back legs no longer move and he has to wear a diaper.  While a lot of people think it's funny/cute, it's been rough.  We change doggy diapers 2-3 times a day, and we have to carry him everywhere because he can't walk.  Well, our veterinarian told us that there's a new laser treatment that may be able to help him regain his walking.  It's only $200 (cheap relative to the $2K surgical option that only has a 5% chance of working).  I think we're going to give it a shot :)

4) I need to work out tonight.

5) I'm excited to drink a beer!  I've been abstaining for a month and have been jonesing.

6) It's 5:00 - yay!  Time to go home as soon as I finish this up!

7) I found a plastic fetus in my office (long story) so I'm gonna use it to announce my pregnancy to my parents (whenever it happens) by drawing a graphic picture of a uterus + ovaries on a cake with the fetus inside and write "I'm Pregnant" - C thinks it's morbid but I think it's hilarious.  I also have a really dark sense of humor though.

8) The kids at work have calmed down and started focusing on school which has been nice.  It will probably pick up again in a month or so once midterms are over.

9) I'll add my signature as soon as I figure out how to get one up!

10) I'll also try to participate in PIP Thursday this week :) Y'all need to see my adorable fat cat!

• Options
    1.  I'm filled up with most of the stims I'll probably be getting this cycle.   Tomorrow we go in for a growth check to see if they're doing anything - I get the sense that we will probably just end up waiting this cycle out, and I think I'm okay with that.

2.  I realized yesterday that I'm starting to get excited about our IVF cycle.   I'm quite sure I'll do more grieving in the next month around letting go of my own genetic material, but I'll be okay and this is a good plan for us.

3. @KH86's IVF cycle has inspired me that there might actually be HOPE that our IVF might come out okay too.... Fingers crossed for us, I'm SO ready to move on from this IF nightmare.

4.  My office is FREEZING these days.   It's making it hard for me to concentrate....

5.  I also struggle with pregnancy & BFP announcements, but that's mostly because - well - I'm struggling with NOT being pregnant these days.   I acknowledge that it's my own sensitivity and often have found myself glossing over those posts lately.   I don't mean any offense or ill-will in it myself, it's just too hard at the moment...  I will come around eventually when our life is out of this IF-limbo I hope.

6.  Speaking of IF Limbo, H and I have a HUGE amount of baby stuff that we accumulated in our first few months of TTC.  We're moving it with us but I'm a little embarrassed to think of the reactions from our moving helpers as they're schlepping the huge bins of clothing and cloth diapers we bought during our optimistic phase!

7.  Argh!  H and I are moving in 2 weeks and just found out our leasing agent resigned.  Well, there go the emails I had been sending him!   Hopefully the new agent gets in touch with us today - we still don't have a move-in date!

8.  Our cat had 7 teeth removed last week and got an infection...  She barely ate until we finally got her back to the vet for an antibiotic, though seems to be making up for it now.  Hopefully that was the worse of it.

9.  H and I have two date nights this week!  Tonight the movies and on friday we have our monthaversary date!   What we're doing is a secret though :)

10.  We keep trying to pack for our move but I'm in this place of "I must downsize before I pack so our new place is oh so tidy!"  it's hard, and stressful.  This week I am going through my old photo albums and taking out all the drinking pics - turns out I only need a handful of photos of me drinking at 16 years old, not the 5 albums I amassed during high school!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• Options
    1. I had my CD 12 u/s yesterday which showed a follicle in the right at 22 mm and one in the left at 15 mm.

2. Based on how things went with my last cycle, I tested with OPKs three times yesterday, which is not what my RE's office prefers. I got positives later in the day and called this morning to advocate for an IUI for today.

3. I advocated well and my IUI was this afternoon. Last cycle I had already ovulated by the time I went for my IUI. This time both follicles were still there and the nurse said it looked like good timing overall.

4. My experience with this IUI (my second) was much different. As I said in the intro thread, unpleasant is an understatement. The opening of my cervix was to the left. It took a second nurse to finally get everything working and at that point, I was on the 6th or 7th speculum. The second nurse was very gentle, but at that point it didn't make much of a difference. The damage was done.

5. As a result of #4, I have been miserable since. I have had over 10 years worth of Pap smears and have never had an experience quite like today. I sleep most comfortably on my stomach and I'm not sure that is an option tonight. I suppose I should get used to that though.

6. Although time has seemed to drag a bit, it seems like I was just in my last TWW. I'm glad to be back in it again.

7. On Sunday our families helped us split and stack wood for the winter. We have a bit left to do, but the bulk is done. We could probably make it through with what we have, but I want to be over prepared as I keep hearing it will be a long, hard winter.

8. I am so thankful for everything that C and I have...stability, support from family, coworkers and friends, our own cozy home and the ability to try and make this dream of a family a reality.

9. Friends of ours would like to rent a house for family week in Provincetown next year. I'm not sure we will be able to swing it, but I would like to.

10. I am hoping so much that my unpleasant IUI today will result in a BFP. It would come days after our first wedding anniversary. What a nice present that would be.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Options
    @wishiwaspreggo I have a mini-dachshund as well and she developed a problem with her vertebrae that caused her serious problems with her back legs. It broke my heart! So I took her to a new vet and they tried prednisone for a bit but that didn't work. They told me about the laser treatment and I did that with her and it totally worked!! She's 100% her old self now but I am still protective of her and don't let her jump. It's definitely a great option!

1. Today was my Friday and I am now off 6 days!!

2. Okay I don't have to drive to work, but I'm on call in the county I live in to make extra money. It's easy and I can still do what I want.

3. My baby brother (28 years old) rocks! Tonight he told me that when it's time for bean to come into the world, he and my sister in law will be at the hospital no matter what. That made me happy as I thought it a big possibility that I was going to be there alone. My mom lives 4 hours away and I'm hoping she has time to get here before bean makes his entrance.

4. It's actually going to be in the lower 80's this week!! Yay!! I think fall is coming!

5. I am going to watch the Sleepy Hollow pilot tonight. I hope it's a good show, I've been waiting for it.

6. I'm going to buy bean's infant seat this week. That will be a huge item off the check list.

7. I'm going to try to eat good during my days off. I eat way better when I go to work because I pack my lunch every day. I've been planning meals and I think that will help.

8. My sister in law sent me a picture of their festive Halloween patio. They go all out for Halloween and I love that they have kept the tradition up as my nephew is getting old enough to enjoy it too.

9. My female love bird needs a mate and I can't find one. I feel bad for her.

10. I have to go to a safety meeting tomorrow at work. Even though it's my day off... At least I get to leave after the meeting.

10.5. Everyone have a great week!! :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @Greysmom13 - That's AMAZING!!!  I'm so glad your doggy got up and moving again!  How long was she paralyzed?  Mine hasn't walked in 4 years :( I know he must be severely atrophied, but surely at least getting the feeling back would help him stand.  He always has itchy ears he can't scratch because his legs won't reach.  We scratch for him and he groans and groans in pleasure and then when we stop he starts hopping around like "please keep going!!"  So sad.  I would be thrilled if we could restore his mobility.
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo Fortunately the laser treatment was started right after she began having issues (within a few weeks). I don't know if you have tried this for his little leg muscles but we had another dachshund years ago that was paralyzed and me and my mom did range of motion exercises with her back legs. Pushed them towards her hips and out, then front to back. I tell you just doing that little bit kept her muscle tone there until her nerves could rewire somewhat for her to use her back legs like a pogo stick. Also my Molly has been having auto immune response issues since being on steroids for a while (she's so sensitive!). I found hydrocortisone spray at petsmart and I dip a Q-tip in the bottle, then put it into her ear, getting the liquid into all the nooks and crannies of her ears. She loves when I do it because it feels so good to her little itchy ears. I don't know if you have already tried all of this but these are just some tricks I have learned and wanted to share. Please let me know how your baby does after the laser treatment starts. I tell you that thing is amazing!!!!!

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"