December 2011 Moms

any LOs with asthma?

Any other mamas dealing with asthma? LO was finally diagnosed with it after a surprise trip to the ER last weekend. He's been using a nebulizer when he's sick, but now has a regular inhaler with a mask to use everyday. Last weekend, he had rapid breathing and wheezing, even though he just had a slight runny nose, but then the cough started. We are trying flovent twice a day first to see if that can prevent this from happening again. Don't know what causes it- it's not in our home or specific to our area, because this happens other places too.

Re: any LOs with asthma?

• Oh no, how scary! I am sorry that you are dealing with this. 
    My brother had asthma as a child, but then grew out of it. It was apparently the dust for him that was the problem. I remember that my parents got rid of all the carpet, curtains and other things made of fabric in our house and we even had to give our cat away. I also remember having to leave the circus after only being there for 10 minutes, because he had so much trouble breathing there. So maybe it was a combination of dust and animals somehow. 

I hope you find the trigger soon!
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• No diagnosis of asthma yet though we do have a nebulizer and an inhaler. We don't use it frequently but we do use the inhaler during any colds to be on the safe side. It will only help him. Sorry you have to deal with this. I hate the ER. Hate hate hate.
  • Loading the player...
  • There have been talks by his peds about asthma but no official diagnosis.  Any time he gets sick though he usually ends up on a nebulizer. 

Our peds said that if they do have it as a kid they will more than likely outgrow it later in life. 

Poor guy - the neb is no fun!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"