Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Maxi-Cosi Mico vs Maxi-Cosi Pria

I'm going to be a FTM in December and initially registered for the Maxi-Cosi Mico.  Now I'm second guessing myself and wondering if I should just get the Maxi-Cosi Pria Tiny Fit to be used with our newborn instead.  My thinking behind this is that I live in a city and walk almost everywhere (grocery store, drug store, doctor's offices, shopping, etc).  There are definitely times I'll drive but I'd say LO probably won't be in the car more than 3 times a week.  I'm just thinking it might be silly to get a infant car seat that'll only last 6 months.

I know typically it's not recommended to do a convertible with newborns.  Thoughts?

Re: Maxi-Cosi Mico vs Maxi-Cosi Pria

• Options
    The Pria is nice but it starts at 9 lbs...it's not a great fit for most new babies.

If you like the Pria and the Mico you might want to look at both the Maxi Cosi Prezi and the Safety 1st onBoard 35 Air if you are doing the Quinny stroller. Both of those seats fit small babies and preemies really well and will last you longer since they have higher weight and length limit than the Mico. You could easily get close to a year with them.

If you wanted to go with a convertible look at the Combi Corrocco or maybe something like the Evenflo Sureride since your not driving a lot and spend more money on a great stroller.

One little piece of advice. A lot of hospitals will not let you leave the hospital without an infant seat. Mine actually inspected our seat before we left and again as we were wheeled out. They actually watched us put it in the base. You may want to find out your hospitals policy before you get just a convertible seat, since that could be a PITA to reinstall after they inspect it.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options
    I would get a convertible seat if I walked most places. A Diono Radian will last long and works with newborn babies too. If you get a nice stroller with a bassinet and a large basket (like an UBV) you should be all set.

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks!  This helps.  I did realize that when I'm traveling I might need an infant seat to get in and out cabs so maybe I'll just use a cheap one and then stick with a convertible in the car (the one I'm looking at says it's suitable from 4lbs to I think 70??)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"