May 2013 Moms
Options

Legit Question Update

edited September 2013 in May 2013 Moms
Sorry to be such a PW today but I have a serious Q. Has anybody here gotten pregnant or know of someone who has gotten pg. with an IUD in place?

I took a test and it's Negative! I guess I am just not used to the progesterone in Mirena. Thanks for all your advice ladies :)
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Legit Question Update

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Oh my.. How sad. Glad she delivered her other babies safely! I had a blighted ovum also before DD2's pregnancy.

ETA to clarify
  • Options
    Yes, I have a close friend who got pregnant while using an IUD.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think the odds are about the same as the pill right?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Options
    BTW @KateRN08 I've been meaning I tell you I love your new avatar pic. You and your girl are so cute!!
  • Options
    Geez... Ok so backstory I've been spotting for 2 months ever since I got this thing put in. So I don't know if I ever got my period. I am no longer BF. but I've occasionally been feeling nauseous ( maybe from the hormones in Mirena? ) smells have been making me gag. When my H was home we DTD serverralll times . But I'm not sure if this is just all side effects from the Mirena as I've never had it before?
  • Options
    And to top it off my DD1 just told me my tummy is gettin big! Thats why im starting to freak. So this is either the start of my period, side effects of the Mirena or dear God pregnant.
  • Options
    I just got the mirena, I'm scared of getting pregnant on it.
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                            Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • Options
    I know someone who got pregnant twice with an IUD. Both pregnancies went well, and then she switched to a different birth control.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Have you POAS yet?
  • Options
    If my period doesn't come by tomorrow I will..
  • Options
    KateRN08 said:

I never got a period on Mirena. I spotted occasionally but no period.

Really?! That makes me feel so much better! Hey while I have you I wanted to show you something ! I remember your post about sippy cups and I found this Nuk sippy cup. The handles detach and it can go on the regular bottles as well. She does really well with it!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I would be hiding in a corner if I was A14!

Edit typo
  • Options
    I'm also experiencing this while on Mirena. I've had it placed for about 2 1/2 months now and have been spotting off and on since with no signs of a real period. I've also started craving ice cream. I haven't been nauseaus but I never was with any of my other 3 pregnancies. I had Mirena placed back almost 7 1/2 years ago after DS1 was born and never had this. Hope not TMI but my spotting has been brown blood so that makes me worry even more. The only reason why I haven't POAS is because I had a colposcopy done back in july because of a positive pap and they said I could spot for a short time because of scabbing on the cervix. I also had a very large clot pass after the procedure but the dr. said it could have been scabbing and not a blighted ovum. 

I plan to POAS this weekend if I'm still spotting because 1. I'm scared to be pregnant on Mirena and 2. I'm already a 2u1 mom and worried I might be a 3u2 mom if I am(does not mean I'm going to abort if I am. Just want to get the shock over with if I will be). 
                           SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    KateRN08 said:

I haz the sadz I'm not A14....

Ha! You could always fake it like Erica?
    Omg I typed this almost exact thing out .. Then thought ehh.. Maybe not! Glad someone else thought it too!
  • Options
    They are all good by me! :)
  • Options
    I never had a period on mirena either, but I also never had the other symptoms you are describing. Keep us posted.
    imageimage
                                  Audrey    05/13                                               Charlotte 08/10

Graydon 02/09
  • Options
    I know of babies being born with it in their head and one holding it on the way out. 
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    caden1206 said:

I know of babies being born with it in their head and one holding it on the way out. 

....whaaaat?! Omg I had no idea this was possible!!

ETA where have you been ?! Glad to see you back:)
  • Options

I'm also experiencing this while on Mirena. I've had it placed for about 2 1/2 months now and have been spotting off and on since with no signs of a real period. I've also started craving ice cream. I haven't been nauseaus but I never was with any of my other 3 pregnancies. I had Mirena placed back almost 7 1/2 years ago after DS1 was born and never had this. Hope not TMI but my spotting has been brown blood so that makes me worry even more. The only reason why I haven't POAS is because I had a colposcopy done back in july because of a positive pap and they said I could spot for a short time because of scabbing on the cervix. I also had a very large clot pass after the procedure but the dr. said it could have been scabbing and not a blighted ovum. 

I plan to POAS this weekend if I'm still spotting because 1. I'm scared to be pregnant on Mirena and 2. I'm already a 2u1 mom and worried I might be a 3u2 mom if I am(does not mean I'm going to abort if I am. Just want to get the shock over with if I will be). 
    Mine has been dark also for awhile.. I'm realllly hoping this is just bloating and me starting my cycle. I've been on pills since I was 17 so I'm thinking the Mirena is just throwing everything off for a bit
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"