April 2014 Moms

The Magic of Pho (food post)

I've been nauseated and miserable pretty much from day one. I have some good days but today was certainly not one of them. A co-worker asked me if I wanted to get Pho (one of my favorite lunches) and I decided why not give it a try.

Well, it was magical and amazing and I ate an entire bowl and was kind of wishing I'd ordered the large. I guess this will be something I get more often! anyone else a Pho addict?

BTW if you don't know what Pho is, it is a Vietnamese noodle soup that consists of rice noodle, broth and meat. It is quite possibly one of my most favorite things to eat during the fall and winter.

Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: The Magic of Pho (food post)

• OMG @playingonadream. It's so funny you posted this because you literally read my mind today. Every fall and spring I get terrible allergies that is pretty much like a bad cold. It started last night and ALL I've wanted was Pho.

I used to live in CA where Pho was everywhere and it was amazing. Unfortunately I now live in NC, and I haven't had it in years... but I did some Yelp searching this morning and found a place with good reviews. I've already decided (before your post) that I'm going there for dinner. Now I really cannot wait!

DH is out of town, so I'm contemplating whether I should get it as carry out (its 15 min away) or just eat there by myself so it's nice and hot and fresh.. ha!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I almost had Pho today, but changed my mind and got shabu shabu instead! Wrong choice, the pho would have made my  tummy happier. 
  • Loading the player...
  • My teammate (who has since moved on to stat his own business) and I used to go for pho multiple times a week. We have a little shop about 3 blocks from my office and a large is less than $7. Can't beat that!

cd92007 I say eat it first and then bring his home. No way could I wait to eat it until I got home!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • poru said:
    I love chicken Pho.  I just texted my husband upon seeing your post and asked if he would be up for it for dinner but he said, "I would rather BBQ."    I am trying to save my "I'm pregnant I get to decide" card until the third trimester so it doesn't get old.  But now I want Pho!!!!
    my DH is jealous that I got Pho cause we don't have a place near our house and he loves it but never gets it because I have it for lunch without him. I say you start playing up the baby guilt ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • maelic said:
    I almost had Pho today, but changed my mind and got shabu shabu instead! Wrong choice, the pho would have made my  tummy happier. 

mmm shabu shabu is hard to find around here. might be something to look for 2nd trimester though :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mmm this post triggered some major cravings for me too! I'm Vietnamese so I have my mother's recipe. I think I'll make it this weekend.
  • OMG PHO is my favorite I like the veggie one. However it never works to go the noodles get chewy and gross.
  • I love pho. I've been craving Asian food constantly. Last pregnancy it was Mexican and green chili, and cheeseburgers!

Instead I'm going to be healthy for once and make veggie/hummus pita sandwiches. While secretly wanting pho!

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• I love pho. I've been craving Asian food constantly. Last pregnancy it was Mexican and green chili, and cheeseburgers! Instead I'm going to be healthy for once and make veggie/hummus pita sandwiches. While secretly wanting pho!
    Mmmm! I've been doing hummus wraps with feta, cucumber and sprouts. So good!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • One of our cafeterias has pho, although I don't know how authentic it is. I probably have it 2-3x a week!

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• I looove Pho! I was a little nervous about the raw meat sitting on top of the noodles when I order takeout, but they've started doing it "well done" and pre-cooking the meat before I come. I love my little Vietnamese restaurant!
  • Okay guys, I ended up getting the take out Pho, and the place wrapped everything up separately so the noodles didn't get soggy. I normally (pre-pregnancy) get the raw beef, but I got fully cooked beef instead since my Dr. told me to always order beef well done.

It was AMAZING!!!! It really hit the spot, and thanks to the Sriracha I always put in it, it helped clear the sinuses and drainage in the back of my throat.

I was able to save half for dinner tomorrow night, too :) Yummmmmmm.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • You inspired me--I had Pho Tai for dinner and was even able to stomach some cream cheese wontons. Happy tummy = happy baby!
  • I LOVE me come chicken Pho!! Sriracha drenched pho is the best when you have a cold. MMM Great now I'm hungry. 

• Pho-king Pho-tastic!
  • Mmmmmm I craved Pho with my first son. I ate it every single day for lunch. I'm not craving salty this time around.
  • We go for Thai when we can afford it- they sell pho but I haven't tried it...

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • And now we shall go for Pho tomorrow night before Mumford & Sons: IT HAS BEEN DECIDED
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • Was inspired by your post to go find some, and lo and behold, the best pho in the area is two blocks from my house! I ate a big bowl after not eating all day and it was soooooo yummy. DH ate what was left after he'd already eaten dinner and declared it the best he's had. Afterwards I swear I felt cured of all my ills.....for an hour. Hey, I'll take what I can get! We've already decides that may become a regular stop during this pregnancy.
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • I'm so glad that others love pho as much as I do! The place I go to regularly cooks the meat prior or "well done". I go for the all ingredient beef pho which has brisket, flank, rib-eye, tendon, & tripe. They aren't things I'll really eat anywhere else but they are good for you and even if you leave the stuff you don't like at the bottom of the bowl, the broth is richer (IMO). I also load up or hoisin and sriracha but since my tummy can't handle much of anything lately I laid off the sriracha this time.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I still haven't stopped thinking about Pho.  I just told DH that's what we're having for dinner.
    image    image    image    image

• Mmm pho. I used to have some Laotian friends who would make it. I wish we had a restaurant here that made it!!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Pho is awesome and i have found that soups were the best way for me to stomach food in the early weeks....
  • I've never had it and now I'm sad :(
  • abbeylanecbimogenisis yelp can help you find a place that has it. We don't have one near our house but I'm lucky enough to have one near work. I find that once you get past the idea of going to a restaurant just to order noodle soup it is great :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've never had it and now I'm sad :(
    playingonadream, I googled it, the place near me has XL Pho for $9.00.

• Is anyone's babes here measuring differently?  At my first transvag ultrasound one was measuring 7w6d and 7w3d.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"