March 2013 Moms

diaper rash!

We've been trying to start our LO on purees, but every time she has a dirty diaper after solids, she breaks out with a terrible diaper rash...we've been changing her diaper very frequently, using Desitin Max strength, A&D, Butt Paste and keeping area dry.  When we back off the food, the rash seems to clear, and once we start food again, rash comes back...any advice??

Re: diaper rash!

• We're having the same issue. I'll be watching this thread. I hope someone has some answers for us. What foods did you start with?
  • She's good with the oatmeal and rice cereal..we've tried string beans, carrots and pears.  Then stopped all purees and now starting up again with butternut squash.  
  • Loading the player...
  • How old is your Lo? Our ped. Gave us certain foods to start with at 4 mo due to their sensitive digestive system (we waited until 5 mo) and then at 6 mo you can do more. If you go to wholesomebabyfood.com it'll give you the foods to try at certain ages. The site matched what our Dr. Said. So far we have tried sweet potatoes, avacado, green beans, apples, and bananas and haven't had any problems. I am not sure if this will help but I hope it does!
  • I am in the BLW camp, so just a disclaimer that the info I have read comes from that line of thinking.

But from what I've read it can mean either that they just aren't ready for solids yet (their digestive system anyway) or possibly a food allergy.  It doesn't sound like a food allergy really in your case though, so maybe just hold off a bit longer?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker         
  • It's the food that's breaking her out. Bananas did it to mine. Also I know that sometimes the diapers could do it. I tried walmarts generic diapers. Lord it was horrible rashes. Huggies little snugglers all the way!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"