C-sections
Options

Hospital Bag

I am starting to pack my hospital bag for my schedule c-section on Oct 24th. Anything special you would suggest since I am having a c-section?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Hospital Bag

• Options
    Button down pajama top with pants that can be worn above your incision. A robe and slippers to walk the halls, your own pillow, blanket and towel.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I took yoga pants and nursing tanks. Pads for leaving the hospital and undies that won't rub your incision - def not a thong lol!
    DD: 8  DD: 3.5  DS:18M
    Baby #4 Due: 2/4/2016
    Feb16 August Siggy Challenge
    Favorite TV Mom

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was not prepared for how much my legs would swell... For me it was worse then anything durring pregnancy. My c section was not planned so I was happy I had bought some granny panties that Where high cut and high wasted, I felt like the mesh disposable ones they gave me cut my circulation. I also had wide leg black Cotten/spandex pj pants, amazing bc my yoga pants where to tight.
  • Options
    I'd recommend bringing a Boppy (or a similar nursing pillow). Since you don't realize how much you use your abs for EVERYTHING i was surprised at how much holding up DD hurt. I don't think it matters if you breastfeed or not, having that soft pillow wrapped around you makes for a great 'shelf' to rest the baby while you admire your miracle.
  • Options
    I second the light and ill add long bathrobe. Great for breastfeeding and if its long enough no pants required! Win win. That's what I wore the first whole day post op. then I switched to loose fitting maternity leggings so there was no big seam digging into my incision and nursing tops.
  • Options
    Loose clothes, granny panties...I was stuck in the hospital robe longer than I would have liked due to the delay in removing my Epi from my back...Once I was cleared to shower...wearing my own clothes was HEAVEN

• Options
    I had to walk the halls until I passed gas or had a BM, which is a must after anesthesia at my hospital. I walked and walked and walked.  So I recommend house slippers and a zip-up robe.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"