March 2012 Moms
Options

Ok who abducted my kid??

We've always had a big pile of quilts near the sofa  in the front room because the munchkin would nap in here with me while his dad slept ( works nights ) a while ago I found an old air mattress in the closet so we brought that in too and munchkin has loved it..  so tell me who abducted my kid and left a self napper .. he has rarely, if ever put  himself down ... usually we have the whole cuddle, music, bottle and rock n bounce  till he is either almost or totally asleep. 

Yesterday and today  he has  wrapped himself up like a pretzel in my old pregnancy body pillow and just chilled out and goofed off and gone to sleep on his own. 

I swear this kid hates sleeping in his crib more than a few hours at  a time because he feels confined and its not got enough wriggle room.... I got me a wiggle worm.  We thought it was just that he was used to having someone there from cosleeping.. but he quite hapopily falls asleep in our bed, the full in his room or the single matrress or floor.  I think when he is big enough to sleep in his own room he'll just up and decide it's bedtime and go put himself to bed. 

Now if only potty training were this easy... we havent started but I have a feeling that  the way this kid likes to pick up and throw things.. it could get messy.  so glad we have wooden floors in most of the apratment ...and a shark.  He has always been a very vocal lil guy when pooping, so at least we wont have to guess when he wants to go lol.

He brought me his shoes yesterday too for the frist time.. we were getting ready to go out. If he won't be walking around, we dont bother putting shoes on him..so I guess he has figured that out too and is now letting us know when he wants to walk lol

My lil man is growing up way too fast.. tomorrow he will be 18 months old and it seems like yesterday we brought him home.  I will even forgive the fact he no longer says mommy.. it's always daddy.  He used to only ever say momma for months, so I guess I can let daddy have his moment in the parental spotlight. 

The changes in my lil guy are so subtle sometimes but such fun to observe... He is blossoming into a lil person with his own personality and oh boy... do I see some of me in him .. but he will always be mommy's lil man.. YES even through the dreaded puberty and teenage years.

So what  are your munchkins up to?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ok who abducted my kid??

• Options
    eyenigheyenigh member
    edited September 2013
    He's such a little person now, which I say a lot but it never ceases to amaze me. He's had a definite personality, likes and dislikes-- it's crazy. It seems like yesterday that he was such a tiny baby that could do nothing and now he's more independent every day. If I try to help him with something he thinks he can handle, he gets very annoyed with me.

He has an incredible vocabulary now and we can really talk with him and have actual easy conversations. Of course, he does lie, too. He never wants to own up to a dirty diaper, lol. While we're on the subject, potty training consists of him following me into the bathroom with a book and he sits on his own potty and reads it to me. He trained himself to do this. He kind of has the right idea, now he just has to actually work in the actual going part. It'll happen when it happens.

He's still a crappy, limited eater but continues to grow into a giant. 37.5 inches tall, 30 pounds at the 18 month appointment. Whatever he's doing is apparently working, I guess!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Aww, putting himself to sleep, that is a big milestone! My DS also knows shoes = outside so if he ask to put his shoes on, I better be ready to go outside, haha! He wants to do everything himself and hates if I try to feed him, brush his teeth, etc. He's starting to help put his shirt on (he's been lifting his feet up to help us get his shorts on for awhile) and he tries to put his shoes on, but is more successful at getting our shoes on his feet, haha. He seriously has 1 new word a day, it's amazing. He's running around and climbing on everything. He loves being outside tromping around and he loves animals. He's a little shy with new people at first but opens up once he's comfortable. He's so much like DH and I! It's so fun watching him grow up. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"