November 2013 Moms

Too excited to not share....TMI

cmwilson316cmwilson316 member
edited September 2013 in November 2013 Moms

For the last couple weeks I have noticed a crusty discharge on my nipples before getting into the shower. The other day I thought I'd try to squeeze then to see if I could get anything to come out and what do you know, something did. It's a clear to yellow-ish fluid....could it be colostrum?!?!?! If it is I'm SUPER excited!!! You see I struggled really hard to nurse my DS. I had to use a hospital pump after he was born to try and pump out the colostrum to feed him while in the hospital. Then even after I was home and then back to work at 6weeks I struggled with supply and worked with a LC. I suffered from PPD due to my lack of being able to nurse as I'd hoped. I did finally give up at about 3.5 months. I'm so glad I lasted at least that long. I'm hoping this time will be much better/easier. :)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Re: Too excited to not share....TMI

• I think it is colostrum!
  • Loading the player...
  • Sounds like colostrum to me!

I wasnt able to breast feed past going back to work at 6wks due to having nowhere to pump at work so am in the same "hopeful" boat as you this time around! Im going to be staying home this time so will have more time to work out the kinks if Im lucky!

• Sounds like that's what it is! Woohoo
  • Sounds like it :) not to be Debbie downer though but they say there's no correlation between early colostrum and successful breast feeding. If you really want to be successful, get in touch with La Leche league and a lactation consultant now. Good luck.

• Sounds like colostrum to me!

I wasnt able to breast feed past going back to work at 6wks due to having nowhere to pump at work so am in the same "hopeful" boat as you this time around! Im going to be staying home this time so will have more time to work out the kinks if Im lucky!

I will be a SAHM this time too! Good luck to us!!!
  • MannaPantsMannaPants member
    edited September 2013

I've had this since 12 weeks, but it's become more frequent in the last 2 weeks. Sometimes the discharge is even a milky white yellow color. TMI =)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
    N '13 November Siggy Challenge- Baby Pictures

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Not gonna lie.. I poke at my boobs to see if I got anything. 

Married 12.10.11 -  DH:26 ME:26
    Hodgkin's Lymphoma 5.09 - Lupron shots - Last chemo 10.14.09 - Remission 12.09 
                                                             Missing my April '13 & September '13 angel babies ... Always in my heart <3<3
    Luck & Love to our first foster on a forever home - 4.13-7.13
    BFP#3 2.23.13 EDD: 11.3.2013 Daily shots of Enoxaparin
    Beta#1: 300 - Started Crinone-Beta#2: 1680 - 7w3d HB@146 - 9w3d HB@173 
    Jackson - October 29th 2013 - Via C-section - 6lbs 10oz 19in
    BFP#4 10.14.15 EDD June 2016 waiting for blood work
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have to admit, I was afraid this was going to be a mucus plug post.  ;)

Iris born Halloween 2013! 6 lbs, 1 oz, 18 inches long

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    March 24bimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"