Pre-School and Daycare
Options

physical behavior-- anxiety?

I've noticed that DS gets very physical with whomever is around him and I think it is due to a bit of anxiety, nerves or something  in that particular situation. Typically, it's his sister, DH or I getting the brunt. He is not doing it in a mean way however he will tackle her (sometimes to the ground!) or run into me and try and hug or do this stupid raspberry thing on my stomach that I repeatedly tell him to stop doing. On the first day of school the teacher (who he knows well) said hello to him at the door and he turned around the picked up his sister off the ground as a response. Just got a text from DH that they are at the park and he won't get away from DD and has pushed, etc. Today was his first full day of school (Pre K half day) so maybe this is his way of saying he missed her?

I've had to sit him down several times b/c he will do this with other family members and frankly, he is a big kid and he comes up about boob level to his 14 year old cousin and she was like, hey dude!!  He has a huge vocab and speaks very well but I have a feeling he just doesn't know how to express nerves or whatever he is feeling? Thoughts on this?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: physical behavior-- anxiety?

• Options
    Thats an interesting perspective. His behavior really is very recent, inconsistent and alligned with a transition of back to school. A friend's child has sensory issues and it seems to be a different set of circumstances which is why I didn't link DS's issues to sensory. I guess we'll see if he moves on once the transition period is over and if not, raise it to the pedi.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"