August 2011 Moms
Options

Meal Planning Monday!!

What's on the menu this week?!

What's your favorite healthy meal?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Meal Planning Monday!!

• Options
    Jay just smoked two racks of ribs and two whole chickens. We are eating off of those for the week. We have asparagus, onion, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli and carrots to accompany the meats. There will be no real order, just need to reheat meat and prepare veggies. It's simple and the boys like it.
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

Jay just smoked two racks of ribs and two whole chickens. We are eating off of those for the week. We have asparagus, onion, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli and carrots to accompany the meats. There will be no real order, just need to reheat meat and prepare veggies. It's simple and the boys like it.

What is with kids loving ribs? My kids seriously love ribs. I have some in the freezer my mom made and I was going to throw them in the crockpot with BBQ sauce tomorrow for dinner.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Now all I can think about is ribs. And the fact that clearly my life is empty and meaningless without a smoker. Thanks a lot, JnK! [-(
  • Options
    kikalynne said:
    Now all I can think about is ribs. And the fact that clearly my life is empty and meaningless without a smoker. Thanks a lot, JnK! [-(
    Jay just got his in May.  He says that he can't remember life without it, and he doesn't want to imagine a future without it.  The man is OBSESSED with it!! 
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    kikalynne said:
    Jay just got his in May.  He says that he can't remember life without it, and he doesn't want to imagine a future without it.  The man is OBSESSED with it!! 
    They really are awesome!  DH bought one for FIL, but he didn't really want it, so he gave it back to us.  Then DH went crazy buying different kinds of wood chips to try out with different kinds of meat.  We've done ribs and pork in ours so far, and both were amazing!  I'm glad the weather is cooling down so we can try to use it more often.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    M:  quesadillas using left over crock pot salsa chicken w/ black beans and corn.  Easy dinner night!

T:  DH's late night.  Prob just grilled cheese and soup.

W:  Taco Stuffed Shells.  IF the baby cooperates and lets me cook in the afternoon. 

Th:  Bowtie pasta with alfredo sauce and chopped spinach.  Salads.

F: Going out of town either Fri or Sat.  If we're home, we'll just grill a steak and have garlic butter green beans and sweet potato fries.

Sat:  Eat out with ILs
    Sun:  Dinner with my parents.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Herb roasted pork loin, Parmesan rice pilaf, sautéed garlic zucchini and squash

Spinach salads with blackened chicken and light Buffalo Ranch dressing

Grilled chicken sandwiches with homemade fries

Slowcooker chili and cornbread

BBQ wings, twice baked potatoes, side salad
  • Options

DH planned our menu...

Tonight: Pizza

Tuesday: leftovers

Wednesday: ?? (we're both working that night, so I'll be foraging the fridge)

Thursday: tortellini and salad

Friday: honey mustard chicken (?? - this will be one of DH's "throw a bunch of stuff together and make it taste delicious" dishes)

Saturday: out

Sunday: smoked sausage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    DD2 is allllll about ribs. The first time we gave it to her, we made the mistake of cutting the meat off the bone for her. Never again.

As for my actual meal planning, I have no idea. I usually get groceries on Thursdays, but didn't do it last week. We were gone all weekend and now we're getting by on whatever leftovers we still have.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"