December 2010 Moms

Whats this rash?

babycakesbabycakes member
edited September 2013 in December 2010 Moms
B woke up with this dotty rash thing.  Hes been cranky the last few days but I thought it was due to teething.  He doesn't have a fever.  Hes eating normally.  He does seem a bit constipated.  He was at the doctors on Tues the 3rd for his year check up so I'm thinking he caught something there and its only showing up now?  Anyone know what this might be?  Of course if it gets worse I'll call the doctor but if its just a virus, theres nothing they can do anyway.

Sorry for the crappy pics.  The dots are on his face, tummy and back.  I was thinking maybe HFMD but they're not on his hands or feet.
TIA
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Re: Whats this rash?

• O had a rash like that around his age. It turned out to be viral. Hopefully it goes away soon!
    imageimage
  • @serendipity117 Did O show any other symptoms??  Fever?  How long did it last?  I'm just trying to prepare myself lol.  Thanks for your help!
  • Loading the player...
  • It was a while ago... I think he had a fever with it but I'm not positive. The rash was a few days, maybe. It was a treat the symptoms kind of thing.
    imageimage
  • A has had a few rashes last year ... That were viral but this last one he had showed up a day before J's 1 year appt on Thursday so I asked the pedi to look at it and it was a strep rash. He doesn't have strep throat but he does have a little sore/blister that has gotten infected that she said was the source if the infection.... So now he's on antibiotics. He didn't have a fever either. I can't see the pics well enough to compare rashes but his were super small dots on his torso and kinda up his neck and cheek. Not itchy and not really red either....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • When B woke up on Sunday the rash was already getting better.  I actually think they're a reaction to the MMR vaccine he got at his 1 year check up.  I just remembered G got these dots a week or so after his MMR vaccine too.  Anyway, the dots are looking better today too.

Thanks for the help!
  • Did he get the MMR shot? T had a rash 10 days after his. It passed with no other symptoms, so I was pretty sure that was it.
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • dee12807 said:
    Did he get the MMR shot? T had a rash 10 days after his. It passed with no other symptoms, so I was pretty sure that was it.
    Yea, I'm pretty sure thats what it is actually.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"