August 2012 Moms
Options

What the hell, body? NOT ktfu

Despite having fully missed my period for the first time, ever. 12 years of consistent and regular periods. AF should have started 7 days ago and yet, nothing. I have NEVER missed a period before. Never even been late! My plumbing is like clockwork. 

I've taken two HPT's, both negative. I'm going to try another in the morning (because you know, morning pee and all) and if it's still negative, I'm definitely seeing my doctor. While a missed period isn't weird for some, it's extremely weird for me.

Stress *may* be the culprit, but I don't think so. I was just home in Canada for a week, and I flew with Miss Evie alone. But it wasn't really a stressful trip, she was a complete doll the whole time. I've certainly been more stressed than I have been this past week.

So, I'm not sure what to think here. We weren't trying, but I guess they call it pull&pray for a reason (although it was a pretty steady form of bc for us for 7 years.)

Any thoughts? Would YOU think it was just stress if you've never missed a period before and well, weren't really all that stressed?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What the hell, body? NOT ktfu

• Options
    I tried to convince myself it was just stress when I missed AF for the first, and only, time in my life.  I was KTFU.  I tested a week after I'd missed and got a very very faint line.  Four days later, it was an obvious BFP.  I was on the pill, too.

"To be able to practice five things everywhere under heaven constitutes perfect virtue...gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness."
  • Options
    sorry to say, but I was the same- I was so super regular (because of birth control) and I missed a period, took a test, and I was prego.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When I was pregnant with J, I never got a positive HPT. I got a test at the Dr office that came out positive at 13 weeks.

That being said, my period was just 9 days late. The day I was going to go to the DR for a test, I got it.
  • Options
    I have had late periods from situations that I didn't FEEL stressed about, but that were new and unusual.

When we first started TTC, I had just started a new job. I wasn't stressed and I loved my new job, but it definitely delayed my period. I convinced myself that I had gotten pregnant on the first try, but nope, just late.

Travel can definitely do it! It may not be stressful, but it's not the typical routine that your body is used to.

Ok, that was a long winded answer. Either way, test again and report back!
    SeptsiggyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I agree wit everyone's responses. Test again in the morning a d I hope you get the result you want :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Well, negative again. 

I am on the tail end of weaning, actually. I had been just nursing Evie to sleep for a few weeks, but a few times last week she fell asleep when my mother was giving her a sippy cup of milk.

I'm not going into work today because I'm 99% sure I have pneumonia :| Hopefully I'll find out more soon. 
  • Options
    Are you anemic? In January February and March of 2011, I kept taking HPTs and getting BFNs. Finally, I went to the doc and had bloodwork done for pregnancy, anemia and thyroid. It turned out I was so anemic that my body couldn't afford the blood.

Then in December of 2011, I had very similar circumstances. I felt dizzy, no AF, I was irritable. Surprise! Not anemic that time, point being, go get bloodwork.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Options
    If you are sick your body is stressed. That could definitely be what's causing it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Aw. I hope you feel better soon! Being sick can definitely postpone AFs appearance.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Schedule a doc appt for bloodwork girl!!

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

• Options
    Well, I went to my obgyn. They had me pee in a cup and tested that, and it came back negative. I was told that because I had little to no symptoms they wouldn't do any blood work. I wasted 2 hours of my life to pos. Seriously?

He offered progesterone to get my period started. I declined. I don't need a period necessarily; we'll just see what happens.  

And as far as the pneumonia goes, I'm feeling okay. A little short of breath, but otherwise fine. 

So I don't effing know. I know everyone is late or misses a period once in their life, but I've been at this for 15ish years and have been clockwork the whole time. 

As far as the "little to no symptoms" go, I don't know what to think. They can all be explained away. I was really irritable on Friday and Saturday, and on Sunday I was an emotional mess. By really irritable I mean uncontrollably so. Things came out of my mouth that I do not say. On Sunday I didn't get the most sleep ever (about 6 hours) and Evie screamed the whole two hours from our flight from Halifax to Philly. I broke down about halfway through that and cried with her for about 10 minutes. After that, I was skipped over for an order at the Dunkin Donuts at the airport. The guys was like, "we tried to get your attention but you ignored us." Seriously buddy? Do you not see the 1 year old struggling to get out of my arms and jabbering? (she wanted nothing to do with her stroller, she just wanted to crawl.) And that had me crying. He also got my donut wrong - more crying. When my husband picked me up I bawled because I didn't buy him a souvenir - it had slipped my mind. An all-out sob. Poor guy wasn't sure what to do with me...

I've also had very light cramping for a week and slight (very mild) nausea right after I eat. 

This could all be nothing, I guess. Or something! I just don't know!
  • Options
    Maybe you got a ninja baby like Pretz' first baby :) I hope things clear up soon.
    And do not ask this question on TTGP. They are vicious over there. They will tell you your cycles are like clockwork until they are not. And maybe you just O'd late.
    Are you going to wait a week or so, and test again? Or just wait it out. FX you get the result you want.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"