May 2013 Moms
Options

Solids--timing/dec bm etc

My Lo has mastered eating rice cereal the past couple of weeks. He loves it and is eager to eat it, he cant seem to get enough! We give him about 2 tbsp around 6-7 before bed and then when he goes to bed we still give him a bottle of BM.   Our doc said once he mastered cereal we could start introducing other solids.  He will be 5 months next week and I was debating starting some other baby food (veggies) that I have made and frozen.  How is the best way to do this?  Do you still just do this once/day or start doing it twice a day. Do you decrease the amount of BM they are getting? I know the doc said solids should not replace the BM they are getting but I would think they would eat a little bit less.  Any advice would be appreciated.  (our baby is already quite the chunk so I dont want to be overfeeding him haha)

Re: Solids--timing/dec bm etc

• Options
    We do 2x a day. He drinks 5 7oz bottles of formula per day and a fruit for breakfast and veggie for dinner. He doesn't do solids at daycare yet because other people feeding him makes me nervous.

Sweet potatoes are LO's favorite but he loves to eat and will eat anything you put in his mouth.
  • Options
    First of all, you can't overfeed a baby.

Second, I would not reduce the amount of BM you are giving your baby.  If they stop taking as much, maybe start giving less, but follow their lead.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with @botanicalbliss. In the beginning solids are just for play and experimentation. They're getting very little nutrition from a half tablespoon or whatever they say to give. So keep the BM amount the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"