Pre-School and Daycare

Cool mist or warm mist?

For congestion... what do you use?  Any recommendation on low-maintenance?

DS gets croup at least three times a year and I like the cool mist for that because it helps to have him breathe the air.  We've avoided warm mist because of burn warnings, but the kids are old enough now to stay out... just curious what other mamas use for cold and flu season.

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Cool mist or warm mist?

• My ped recommends cool mist only. I have the Crane one and I love it. No spills and no filter.

imageimage 

6/20/11 mc @ 5wks
    10/19/11 mc @ 17wks- Trisomy 18
    IUI #1 4/26/12 BFN
    Moving on to IVF in July
    37 with DOR...fabulous
    ER 7/14/12 6R 5F, ET 7/17 3 embies, beta #1 7/26: 147, beta #2 7/28: 326, beta#3 7/30: 422...ugh, beta#4 7/31: 607...hopeful, beta #5 8/2: 1280, beta #6 8/7: 7184 and u/s shows 1 possibly 2 sacs! 8/14 2 beautiful heartbeats! 9/24 we are TEAM BLUE!!!!!

• We have both, but now that they aren't in cribs anymore, I don't use the warm mist. That steam is HOT. It would have to be in a place where they couldn't access it at all. Both of my kids just got over croup, and the cold mist humidifiers worked just fine for them. Even with croup, they both would sleep through the night without coughing.

• Loading the player...
  • we were told cool only since warm could harbor mold. who knows if that is exactly true but cool seems to work fine for us.
  • Thank you, both!  I have about 4 I've accumulated/bought/inherited  and I did not maintain them well, so want to buy 2 new ones and start fresh...  The crane ones look great.
  • Cool bc of the hot factor and warm contributing more to bacteria etc growth...if I relly want to try to clear upan airway I do the steamy bathroom thing instead.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"