Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Low AMH

TRS48TRS48 member
edited September 2013 in Trying to Get Pregnant
I just got my CD3 test results back, which I had to do on CD4 b/c of Labor Day, and my AMH is "low" at .74. Everything else came back normal. Google has me in a panic... do I have barely any eggs left? I'm 27 and ovulate each month... I'm stressing. Do I have to basically go straight to IVF? Or is that even an option?Can anyone with more knowledge on this let me know what they think? I've read so much that my brain is spinning and I'm upset by it all. Thanks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Low AMH

• Options

Don't panic yet. 

I would see what your doctor has to say first, he should be able to advise you on the best treatment plan given your diagnosis.  Yes, .74 is low, but I have seen women have successful IVF cycles with lower AMH.  With low AMH you might need a different protocol and higher stims, but not all hope is lost yet.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    I agree with PP.  .74 is low, but your doctor should create a plan that suits you.  If you are not already seeing an RE, request a referral. 
    Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't really have any advice, but I just wanted to say that I am sorry that you got not so great results.  I am sure that your doctor will be able put a plan together to help you.  As PPs said, there is no reason to lose hope.  I wish you all the best.

DD born 6.13.11 at 37w5d

DS born 5.23.12 at 36w5d

BFP 6.9.13|heartbeat of 128bpm 7weeks|7.23.13 ultrasound revealed no heartbeat|natural m/c and d&c 7.25.13

DS born 5.20.14 at 38 weeks

All are welcome

• Options
    Hi. Please don't panic. I recently was diagnosed with low AMH also. Mine is .33 and I am 31. I have a 22 month old daughter and I would be willing to bet my AMH was at about your level when I conceived her. It took me 6 months and 1 round of low dose clomid to get her so fairly easy. I cried and still panic with my low AMH but my doctor is very optimistic. He considers my levels borderline low (everything on line says its doner egg low. Do yourself a favor and don't google it. That's my doctors advice as well) so really your levels are just kinda low. Just not ideal but far from bad. Also you are 27. You may have less eggs then the average 27 year old but they are all probably good quality because you are young. My doctor has not even mentioned ivf or donor eggs. Right now he has me in a low dose of femara ( I also ovulate on my own) and we are doing trigger shot and iui. He says that by doing this , that brings me to about the same chances of getting pregnant as a normal couple. It is so scary to get this diagnosis but I'm telling you with everything else normal and slightly low amh, you will probably be put on clomid and told to do timed intercourse and if that dies not work then iui. Also it's good info to know because if you want more than one child, you should probably do that within the next 2 years or so. Amh is a very new test and all doctors are not all in agreement with what it means exactly. But you are far from hopeless. You have many things on your side. I would not even think ivf yet. I wish you so much luck and please, step away from google. I mean it. It will put you in a bad place and you need to be really healthy relaxed and positive.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    megemoney said:
    I agree with PP.  .74 is low, but your doctor should create a plan that suits you.  If you are not already seeing an RE, request a referral. 
    +1.  Please don't let Dr. Google freak you out.  .74 is lowish, but AMH is only one measure of ovarian reserve.  Antral follicle count (AFC) and FSH are also good markers, and if your numbers came back normal for those, then that's promising.  Also, at the reproductively youngish age of 27, even if you have slightly diminished ovarian reserve (and I'm not AT ALL suggesting you do!), the eggs you do have are more likely to be chromosomally normal than those of a woman of a more advanced age.   

Again, please don't panic.  Did you have the Cycle Day 3 testing because you've been TTGP for a while?  Speak to the doctor who ordered this testing and request a referral to an RE. 
  • Options
    TRS48TRS48 member
    edited September 2013
    Thank you all so much. I had a few crying bouts yesterday after I got done googling and reading things I did not want to read... I am trying to be positive but am so nervous. My RE is supposedly "not too concerned" (according to his nurse I spoke with) because everything else came back normal (FSH 5.7) but I cant help to worry in the back of my mind. I am so glad I listened to my gut (after researching my charts) and went to an RE earlier than some people suggest and got this CD3 bloodwork done... It really helps to hear other people's success stories because they really give me hope. Thank you all so much for your kind words and stories... it means the world to me. I have an appointment next month again so I am hoping to discuss this further with my RE...

• Options
    Testing in the third month with no pre existing conditions.  That is a new land-speed record.
  • Options
    Really... you have absolutely no idea what I've been through, nor my medical history, so don't jump to make quick judgements on my decisions about my own life. Please give me the same respect I give you (and everyone else here).

• Options
    TRS48 said:
    Really... you have absolutely no idea what I've been through, nor my medical history, so don't jump to make quick judgements on my decisions about my own life. Please give me the same respect I give you (and everyone else here).
    I understand that you may not want your complete medical history in your signature but including that kind of info is helpful if you are asking for advice about protocols or treatments or test results.

I hope that your doctor can answer all your test result questions when you discuss this with him/her and come up with a plan. Best of luck to you!

TTC #1 since Oct. 2012 | BFP Feb. 21, 2014!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Thank you @BlackBrooks, I appreciate it. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"