August 2012 Moms
Options

Washington DC

I know @baker_bride is in DC and I hope you and everyone you know is okay! I just saw on the news that there was a shooting and at least 10 people are injured/ killed. Thinking about all the families being affected. Has any additional information really been released?

Re: Washington DC

• Options
    Thanks for checking on us! We're way away from it. I was worried about my friend's H who is a cop who works near there but he's fine. It's scary one of those effers is still at large. H is all don't leave the house. I don't think I need to be that extreme.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Options

I've been following it this morning ... here's the link on CNN.

https://www.cnn.com/2013/09/16/us/dc-navy-yard-gunshots/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Seems like there were 3 shooters.  1 has been shot and killed.  2 others are on the loose.  Just says that "Multiple people were killed in the deadly shooting".

I'm pretty sure its a secured facility, so I'm curious how these people got in there with guns!?!?

My BFF works for the Navy, but not at the navy yard.  I sent her a txt and am waiting to confirm that she wasn't downtown at the navy yard by some freak of nature!

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Toni79 said:

Seems like there were 3 shooters.  1 has been shot and killed.  2 others are on the loose.  Just says that "Multiple people were killed in the deadly shooting".

I'm pretty sure its a secured facility, so I'm curious how these people got in there with guns!?!?

My BFF works for the Navy, but not at the navy yard.  I sent her a txt and am waiting to confirm that she wasn't downtown at the navy yard by some freak of nature!

It's kind of set away and across the river so not a lot of people just happen to be there randomly. Hoping she's ok. 

• Options
    The news is ever changing. I'm guessing the shooter/s have clearance to be on the grounds. Its not an easy place to get into if you dont belong.I've been glued to the TV all morning. I really need to turn it off. DH works downtown but not too close to the Navy Yard. My friends DH used to work there but not any more.
    Very sad.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Options
    Toni79 said:

It's kind of set away and across the river so not a lot of people just happen to be there randomly. Hoping she's ok. 
    Yeh.  I doubt she was anywhere close to there.  But I know she has gone to the navy yard and to the Pentagon for meetings on occasion.  But it really isn't all that often.  She's not the quickest to return txts either, so that just makes me worry more!  LOL!

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    edited September 2013

Glad you are ok @baker_bride! I don't understand why people do things like this. Have they said anything about a possible motive?

Most of the coverage is about victims and the location of the third shooter. I hope to learn more at the next nap.

Oh and thanks!

• Options
    SJandVA said:

The news is ever changing. I'm guessing the shooter/s have clearance to be on the grounds. Its not an easy place to get into if you dont belong.I've been glued to the TV all morning. I really need to turn it off. DH works downtown but not too close to the Navy Yard. My friends DH used to work there but not any more.
    Very sad.

I hope YH has an ok commute home! I bet traffic will be horrible.

• Options
    Toni79 said:
    Toni79 said:

Yeh.  I doubt she was anywhere close to there.  But I know she has gone to the navy yard and to the Pentagon for meetings on occasion.  But it really isn't all that often.  She's not the quickest to return txts either, so that just makes me worry more!  LOL!

So I just heard from my BFF.  She wasn't there today.  But apparently they are moving her office there next spring.  Crazy!  Crazy!  Crazy!

I wish CNN would update with more info. 

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    EDD 10/15/16

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I'm praying for all the families affected.  My old neighbor who we lived next door to for 20 years just posted on fb that her brother who works at the Navy Yard called his son this morning and told him that he heard shots on his floor.  He texted her a few hours ago that he was shot but he's okay.  They haven't heard anything from him since.  Please pray for him and their family.  They're one of the most giving families I've ever met.  We spend so much time with their family growing up and everyone was always so welcoming and giving.  My thoughts and prayers are with them and all other families affected. 
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options

SJandVA said:

Very sad.

I hope YH has an ok commute home! I bet traffic will be horrible.
    I know! I was thinking the same thing. He's kind of closer to the White House area. I'm hoping the traffic is contained to that area. Hope YH gets home easily too.
    Makes me nervous that the other shooter isn't found yet.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Options
    @britvahok, I hope he's ok. How awful.

They're now saying there are TWO at large?

• Options
    @britvahok we'll pray he's ok. So scary and sad.
    Being a Hokie Im sure this hits hard too. Were you there when those shootings happened. We're also approaching the sniper anniversary.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Options
    The shooting at VA Tech happened the year after I graduated.  That was very hard, I still had friends in school.  The shooting happened in two of the building that I had multiple classes in very day.  It was hard to imagine that such an awful thing happened in somewhere I spent most of my time while at Tech.
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    SJandVASJandVA member
    edited September 2013
    britvahok said:

The shooting at VA Tech happened the year after I graduated.  That was very hard, I still had friends in school.  The shooting happened in two of the building that I had multiple classes in very day.  It was hard to imagine that such an awful thing happened in somewhere I spent most of my time while at Tech.

No words. I'm so sorry.
    KUP on your family friend.
    victoria5month samantha5
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"