August 2012 Moms
Options

Struggling with naps

edited September 2013 in August 2012 Moms
Kate is a sleep fighter. Really, if she were a superhero that would be her power. She transitioned to one nap a day around 7 months old. But for the last month or so, she fights that one nap like no one's business. This results in her being so tired around 4 in the afternoon that she ends up a grouchy mess who can't keep her eyes open and finally falls asleep then. Except if I let her sleep past 5, she won't go down for the night until almost 10. So I wake her up at 5 no matter what time she fell asleep, which often makes for a very unpleasant evening. Does anyone have any advice or is anyone in the same situation? I have tried CIO, but she never lets herself get drowsy enough to relax in her crib. She goes to sleep between 8:30 to 9 at night and wakes between 7:30 and 8. 

Re: Struggling with naps

• Options
    Oh to have a 12 hour night sleeper! We go down at 8 and sbes up anywhere between 4:30 and 6.

Maybe try a little earlier on the nap? Idk.
    10/15/10 HPT+ 10/16/10 +blood test! missed m/c found at 17w, gone at aprox 14w., D&C
    4/26/11 HPT+ 4/28/11 +Blood test! HCG 67 5/24/11 Blighted Ovum.
    6/11-11/11 Non ovulatory cycles
    12/18/11 HPT+ 12/20/11 +Blood Test HCG 165 12/27/11 Beta test HCG 6411
    12/29/11 Beta 11264 1/30/11 Wiggler w/ HB 160+
    Grow Baby Grow!!!! Please be our rainbow!
    Rainbow Born 8/22, so in love with our little girl!
    Valentines
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker</a
  • Options
    pregnantchick said:We are having nap problems too! Jeffrey normally takes a nap in the morning and again in the aft, but this weekend and on my vacation day off from work last week, he refused to nap at all. We do CIO for naps but no luck on these occasions - I am hoping this isn't the start of a new routine for him! He gets super fussy with no nap. I don't have any advice though, sorry! Just wanted to commiserate!
    I know we're lucky that she's back to sleeping through the night, but she seems too young to skip naps all together. And by late afternoon, when she's whiny and exhausted, I'm ready for a break. I think this is the way it's going to go from now on, unfortunately.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maybe try going back to two naps a day? My LO still wants a nap between 2-2.5 hours after waking up (6:30 usually). He then gets another nap around 3.5 or so hours after he wakes up from the first one. It's worth a shot at least.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"