C-sections

When did you stop taking pain/ syool softener meds?

I know I'm a ways away from stopping the pills, but I'm curious to know when pp you stopped taking yours? I know everyone is different, I'm just curious. Also, were you ever prescribed a topical pain reliever cream?

Re: When did you stop taking pain/ syool softener meds?

• jb2rnjb2rn member
    edited September 2013

I never had narcotics and only took a med to help with constipation while in the hospital. Are you drinking LOTS of water and eating well? That will help with constipation.

I stopped my Ibuprophen at about two weeks after surgery.

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• I think I stopped the SS after a week. I used pain meds for about 2 weeks, but part of that was due to pain with breastfeeding, too. I weaned off the Percocet before the ibuprofen.
  • Loading the player...
  • I was taking SS, Lortab and ibuprofen for maybe 2 weeks then just the ibuprofen. Be sure to take the stool softener as long as you're taking something like Lortab because it causes constipation

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I only took percoset and ibprofen.  The percoset was half a pill until the end of the first week.  I didn't want it.  The ibprofen lasted a little longer.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I took the percoset whenever the nurse brought it the first two days. Then, I took it first thing in the morning and last thing at night for the next two days. When I got home, I took it once a night for 3-4 days. I took ibuprofin off and on as needed. I was not prescribed a topical pain reliever.
    imageimage
    Me: 35 DH: 30 TTC since 1/2010 DX: 6/15/2011: MFI IVF with ICSI

IVF #1: Sept 2011: Beta 10/10- BFP!! 1st u/s 10/31/11 1 blighted ovum, 1 embryo 2nd u/s 11/14/11 stopped growing, no h/b D/C 11/17/11

IVF #2: FET 5/4/12 : Beta 5/16/12 BFN

IVF #3: ET 7/6/12 : 7/18 Beta #1 BFP at 246, 7/20 Beta #2 at 713, 7/27 Beta #3 at 9068. 1st u/s 8/7 with one lovely hb.
    Mabel is here! 2/17/13!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I was on my narcotics about a week PP...I had to wean off of them as they were affecting my breastmilk and LO...I was on SS and a laxative as I did not poo for almost a week PP...That first one was a doozy. I stayed on the Naproxin they gave me for about 2 1/2 w PP...And I will occasionally pop one if I am having a painful day...which happens when I do too much

• I took Percocet for about a week after my first c/s, which is about how long it took me to break out into hives because it turned out I was allergic to it.  I took Midol and ibuprofen after my second c/s and stopped after a week as well.  I don't remember how long I took the stool softeners, but I wasn't badly constipated after surgery either time (pregnancy was actually worse).
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"