Maryland Babies

Abingdon?

I have posted here before about neighborhoods surrounding Baltimore since H, DS and myself will be relocating to the area soon. Can someone give me some insight to the Abingdon area? We are looking at a few homes in that area online and will be making a trip down in a few weeks to meet with a realtor. I really appreciate all of your help!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Abingdon?

• Abingdon is nice...it's where I have lived for the last 6.5 years. It's right next to Bel Air, where most of the shops and restaurants are....many strip malls. Bel Air is a cute town, some more established neighborhoods, a 'downtown', farmers market, parades, parks, trails (for walking/running/biking), etc. It is right off 95, so convenient for travels.

What I don't like about the area in general: it seems that it developed faster than planned. There are countless townhome communities, so just a lot of people in a small area.

In my neighborhood, we have a lot of military families because of APG; and due to some other Army bases closing, there will be even more military reassigned here in the coming years.

We also live in the Edgewood school district. If I had to do it again, I would have bought a house that goes to the Bel Air school district instead. (We bought before we were married and had kids.)

As much as we love our townhome, we are looking to move somewhere else - where we can have more land, quieter, etc. Kids changed us!! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"