May 2013 Moms
Options

Dressing Baby

Total FTM question here. It's getting colder here and no longer appropriate to take him outside in his normal onesies and shorts/pants getup.

He has lots of long sleeve shirt outfits but they are not onesies. Pants and shirts. I hate not having a onesie on him. Do people put onesies under these outfits?
photo siggy_zpsf288824b.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Dressing Baby

• Options
    Totally a FTM here, so I have a no idea... but I think so? I think the white onesies can be "undershirts" when it's cold? Maybe? I'm not a fan of no onesie either... his shirt always rides up when I pick him up.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yep I use plain white onesies under shirts that don't snap since those shirts ride up.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I put the white onesie underneath too. Seems warmer to me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo f2800575-8c12-4491-8194-153c04d585b8_zps49b02af4.jpg
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I would dress him in a white onesie, old man sweater and corduroy pants. Then take pictures and post here so we can all die of cuteness overload.

But to answer your question yes I think a onesie under one of those shirts makes sense.

I'm totally doing this later!
  • Options
    Yes, I use plain white onesies under her dresses etc.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    TradeMama said:

Yep I use plain white onesies under shirts that don't snap since those shirts ride up.

This
    Augustus David - Born 5/08/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

my read shelf:
    April's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I'm a FTM too but it gets pretty cold here in NJ in the winter so I always see the babie with a short-sleeve white onsie under their long sleeve shirt.
    Right now on chilly days I put her in a long sleeve onsie and pants but once the cold sets in I plan on doing the double layer up top.

• Options
    I think I'm in the same state as you (MI?) and it's definitely colder here as of like, yesterday. We went to the orchard and I dressed her in a sweatpants/hoodie outfit that had a regular long sleeved tshirt with it. I put a white onesie underneath and was glad I did because when we got back in the car and I unzipped her hoodie, the tshirt was all bunched up around her chest. I'm probably going to start putting a onesie under her PJs too because she's been a little cool when she wakes up.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I haven't put a onesie under his two piece outfits yet, but I probably will because I do hate when his shirt rides up. I never thought about putting one under his jammies though.
  • Options
    jayro10 said:

I think I'm in the same state as you (MI?) and it's definitely colder here as of like, yesterday. We went to the orchard and I dressed her in a sweatpants/hoodie outfit that had a regular long sleeved tshirt with it. I put a white onesie underneath and was glad I did because when we got back in the car and I unzipped her hoodie, the tshirt was all bunched up around her chest. I'm probably going to start putting a onesie under her PJs too because she's been a little cool when she wakes up.

Yup, Michican were it is 95 degrees on Wednesday, 60 on Friday.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I am just so jealous of all this cooler weather! The highs are still 90 degrees here. But I'm not looking forward to having to dress LO in layers. The older he gets the more wiggly he gets and he's fast losing his patience for getting dressed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickersCafeMom Tickers

• Options
    All i know is he does NOT like to be in his carseat with extra layers on. We learned this weekend when he had his little baptismal suit on.

I think I read carseat and coats are a no no anyway. I guess that will be my next topic of discussion when the time comes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"