May 2013 Moms
Options

cradle cap..

So my LO has never had cradle cap before and as I was looking at her head earlier I noticed it was extra dry and what seems to be cradle cap. I thought babies are usually born with it but apparently it can come at anytime. She doesn't have alot , its very subtle. 

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to get rid of it ?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: cradle cap..

• Options
    Olive or coconut oil on the scalp. Let it sit 10 mins. Brush with soft bristled brush to loosen the plaques. Bathe and wash head.
  • Options
    Olive oil and baby oil didn't work for us We used mustela newborn foam shampoo and mustela Stelaker and it went away quite fast.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ab had a bit in the beginning and dr suggested head and shoulders original but to be careful not to get it in her eyes. Cleared it up in no time and it hasn't been back. I didn't want to buy a whole bottle so just got a travel sized one at target for a dollar...
  • Options
    I did olive oil once and then tried aquaphore at my pedis suggestion two times and it went away. Leave on for 10 min and use a toothbrush to genty scub away scales - like pp said.
    Me: 32
    DH: 35
    DD #1: 6/1/2013
    EDD #2: 6/7/2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options
    My LO had a bunch of cradle cap after he was born. I swear by Mustella newborn shampoo! After about 3 washes it was gone! We still use it every day and hasn't come back! Also we are still on our first bottle and my LO is almost 4 months old.
  • Options
    LolalipsyLolalipsy member
    edited September 2013

Olive or coconut oil on the scalp. Let it sit 10 mins. Brush with soft bristled brush to loosen the plaques. Bathe and wash head.

I did exactly this. I used olive oil at the time but I've since been told that sunflower is the better option (to olive oil) because it's less acidic.

This method got it off in one go for me.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My MIL used a soft brush and it came off.
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • Options
    I used a very fine tooth comb and some cradle cap lotion. Massage lotion into the scalp, comb through hair the flakes will collect into the comb, comb through until flakes are gone. Then wash hair like regular. S had it pretty bad but I did this and it has not returned
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    When my ds had it we used baby oil, rubbed it in well then used a fine baby comb and combed backwards.
    imageimage
                                  Audrey    05/13                                               Charlotte 08/10

Graydon 02/09
  • Options
    My LO had cradle cap BAD. We used olive oil 10 min. before his bath, and then used a toothbrush to scrub (gently) while washing his hair. After bath, we used a fine tooth comb. It took about a week of doing this, but that's what finally did the trick. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Same here! DS had it when he was born and it all of the sudden came back this week. My DH uses a soft brush during bath time and just doing that seems to help for us.
  • Options
    Thank you ladies for all the wonderful responses. When I gave her a bath i shampooed and massaged the scalp, then after it went through it with her soft bristle brush a few times and it worked like a charm! Thanks Again!! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    We used baby oil and used a soft bristled tooth brush.
    I'd put a Movember mustache fail, but then
    you'd all have to look at it until February.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"