April 2014 Moms

Morning sickness schedule

Is it just me or do any of you notice a schedule with your morning sickness? I heard from a friend that it means those are the times the baby will wake up after he/she is born. Have you heard something similar? My schedule so far is from 3am-11:30am (when I get the most sick) then at 6:30 till whenever I eat supper and again at about 8:30 till whenever I manage to fall asleep. I don't mind this schedule at all since my pharmacy job at this point in my pregnancy is from 1-6 (love that my boss understood that due to my morning sickness it would be best if I started later instead of being in the bathroom more than behind the counter). But just curious if its normal to have my morning sickness on a schedule?

Re: Morning sickness schedule

• I have no idea, but I am going to assume its coincidence even though mine seemed to start and end at the same time ever day. 7am - 11am were the worst times for me.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Wow then my LO will be up all day!! ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm literally sick ALL DAY! The Dr. has me on 2 different medications that I take 5 times a day! If this indicates the baby's sleep schedule, I'd have to guess that he/she will be an insomniac!
  • I don't see how the two would even go together. MS is caused by hormones which has nothing to do with when the baby is asleep or awake.
  • I'm literally sick ALL DAY! The Dr. has me on 2 different medications that I take 5 times a day! If this indicates the baby's sleep schedule, I'd have to guess that he/she will be an insomniac!

Be extremely careful with medications for morning sickness. My DH's cousin took some and her daughter is now suffering with heart problems and the doctor has linked it back to the medications she took while pregnant
  • mine comes on around 3-4pm and gets increasingly worse throughout the day, until i go to bed. Mornings are the best time. I have never heard it linked back to a baby's sleeping schedule though. 

• Kate373 said:
    I'm literally sick ALL DAY! The Dr. has me on 2 different medications that I take 5 times a day! If this indicates the baby's sleep schedule, I'd have to guess that he/she will be an insomniac!
    Be extremely careful with medications for morning sickness. My DH's cousin took some and her daughter is now suffering with heart problems and the doctor has linked it back to the medications she took while pregnant
    Do you know what kind of meds they were? (ie brand name) i'm not taking any now but have considered it

• She told me but I honestly can't remember what they were called at the moment. I'll ask DH when he gets home (he is like an elephant and never forgets) then I will post what it was. But to be on the safe side I personally will refuse to take any. I'd rather puke my brains out than risk my child having a heart condition.
  • I also call BS that the Dr linked a heart condition to one specific thing. Pregnancy is full of little chances for things to go wrong. The bottom line is these meds have been studied and found to be safe. I will take my drs words over someone's cousins sisters bestfriend. And if you say you would rather puke your brains out I bet 100 bucks you are blessed with mild to no morning sickness.
  • It's not my cousins sisters best friend thank you very much!!! It's my DH's cousin so my cousin in law and she would not lie about it and I'm speaking 100% truth when I say her doctors linked it back to that but if you don't want to believe me and put your babies in danger than that's your choice. You do what you think is best. I'd rather suffer than put my baby at risk. And I'd rather end up in the hospital because of dehydration and have a an IV in than risk my baby having a heart condition. So no need to jump down my throat. I was just warning her of what I know. Calm down you hormonal women!!!!
  • Excuse me but you were the one jumping down my throat first. I was just being nice and warning her of what has happened to someone I know personally. You do what you need to do but just beware that your baby COULD have a heart condition because of it. Not the they WILL but they COULD
  • But it is people like you that make normal mothers like me feel guilty for doing what is best for our babies. It was not what you said it was how you said it. Re read your wording.
  • FTR I am not hormonal but I do not appreciate basically being called selfish because I take MS meds because one time you knew someone who took some med you don't know that caused issues.
  • I know for a fact it was morning sickness because I was talking to her about mine and she did tell me the specific name of it but I can't recall it. I was not being offense at all by saying that I PERSONALLY will not take any medications. You must be feeling guilty for taking meds or else you wouldn't have said anything. I was just saying that I will not take any and you both jumped down my throat about my decision. I'm not judging you for yours so stop judging me for mine
  • It's hard not to feel guilty when people like you basically say "I love my kid more than you because I would rather die than take meds" FTR unless you can actually come up with a name of this med I am still calling BS.
  • I never once said that I loved my kids more I just said that I personally would rather be uncomfortable and possibly have to have an IV than risk a heart condition and I will post the specific medication when my DH comes home from work. I already had said that if you woul jut take the time to read posts before assuming things
  • I didn't jump down your throat at all actually. I was very calm in both of my responses.
    I'm actually not taking meds because zofran wasn't helping me, so the argument that I feel guilty doesn't really work.

I apologize for saying you jumped down my throat but it seemed like you were saying I was being mean to that lady for telling her I know of a little baby suffering from a heart condition because of a MS med when in reality I was just warning her of what could happen. Not trying to be mean at all
  • My first pregnancy I had IV nutrition and meds the whole 34 weeks until O delivered. For some it is more a matter of life or death than choice.
  • Then that is what you have to do. I never once said you weren't allowed to take them I'm not your doctor. I was plain and simple saying I PERSONALLY will not take them. I'm sorry you have trouble during pregnancy but not every case is as bad as yours and some women do take it as a comfort thing. I was just warning her of what I know is true. That it could cause a heart problem. I'm sorry if that happens to you but obviously that's better than the baby being dead. I never said it wasn't. Your trying to make me out to be an awful person when in reality I was being the opposite by warning her about a side affect I know has happened
  • I have noticed a schedule with my morning sickness. I feel sick from 5-6pm to bedtime. From 6 wks to 7 weeks I would be nausea for 3 days and 2 days off (with no ms). And next week 8, I seem to be sick for 4-5days followed by 1 day off. Weird.
    I don't know anything about the link to the baby's schedule.
  • I never once said I wasn't having difficulties. My doctor even asked if I would like her to prescribe me some meds and I plain and simple told her no thank you. I'm not being self righteous just warning her of a possible side affect that I know can happen. And I never said it WOULD happen just that it could and I PERSoNALLY will not take that risk but like I said that is to each their own. Not that your a "bad" mom for takin them but that I choose not to
  • Being so sick is horrible. Having strangers offer backhanded medical notes while hiding behind the unfailing science of anecdotes doesn't help... I promise.
    Anniversary Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • You people just look for any way to be offended. I never once said "if you take medication your baby WILL have a heart problem" I said that I know of someone who took it and the doctors linked HER baby's heart problem back to the medication she took for MS. I never gave her medical notes and what have you saying she is wrong for taking it or that she shouldn't I was just plain and simple warning we of what I know can possibly happen because its happening right now in my family. So enough with trash talking me. Get over it.
  • The person I told that to has no problem with it it's all you other nosie people looking for drama and someone to trash talk that have a problem with it.
  • And I love how you still don't know the name of this mystery medication. Cough BS cough.
  • Do babies this little even have sleep/wake cycles?
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • And I'm not gunna tell you what is it either because all your looking to do is argue and I'm going to be the adult in the convo and not play into your drama. I'll tell whoever wants to know that hasn't trash talked and honestly just wants to know
  • They might Rachel who knows :) but I think she was just being silly and trying to get me scared that my kid is going to be awake a lot haha
  • Kate373 said:
    And I'm not gunna tell you what is it either because all your looking to do is argue and I'm going to be the adult in the convo and not play into your drama. I'll tell whoever wants to know that hasn't trash talked and honestly just wants to know

Lol in other words you were mean to me so I am not playing with you anymore and I won't tell you my super special secret. For real now I am so sad I will never know the name of this mystery drug that causes heart issues in babies that only you know about.
  • I never said that I'm just saying you like to cause drama like your trying to do now. Have a good day.
  • Colleen I'll message you it when DH gets home from work tonight.
  • Kate373 said:
    And I'm not gunna tell you what is it either because all your looking to do is argue and I'm going to be the adult in the convo and not play into your drama. I'll tell whoever wants to know that hasn't trash talked and honestly just wants to know
    a woo-woo - I know someone like this, where NOTHING is her fault, and whenever someone calls her out on her BS the response is either: "I didn't do anything" or "Why are you doing this to me"
    Married the love of my life June 18, 2011 -- Me (28) DH (29)
    TTC #1 since June 2012
    BFP #1 6.29.12 EDD 3.12.13 MMC discovered 8.11.12 9w5d D&C 8.15.12
    BFP #2 11.2.12 EDD 7.14.13 MMC 6w5d discovered 8w6d 2 failed rounds miso D&C 12.27.12
    BFP #3 8.5.13 EDD 4.18.14 MMC 7w4d discovered 9.25.13 at 10w6d -Trisomy 13- 1 round miso & emergency D&C 10.2.13
    RPL Testing. DX Asherman's November 2013. Low AMH (0.44) January 2014. 
    Operative Hysteroscopy January 2014 to remove scar tissue.
    BFP#4 6.18.14 EDD 3.3.15 Team Pink
    --AL always welcome--
  • jap618 said:
    Kate373 said:
    a woo-woo - I know someone like this, where NOTHING is her fault, and whenever someone calls her out on her BS the response is either: "I didn't do anything" or "Why are you doing this to me"

@Kate373 why did you flag this? That is a misuse of the flag button and you can be banned for that. This is not abuse. Look up flagging guidelines.
  • jap618 said:
    Kate373 said:

@Kate373 why did you flag this? That is a misuse of the flag button and you can be banned for that. This is not abuse. Look up flagging guidelines.
    Thank you @andrewsgal I just saw that I had a new abuse claim and came to check it out.  

@Kate373 how is this flag worthy?
    Married the love of my life June 18, 2011 -- Me (28) DH (29)
    TTC #1 since June 2012
    BFP #1 6.29.12 EDD 3.12.13 MMC discovered 8.11.12 9w5d D&C 8.15.12
    BFP #2 11.2.12 EDD 7.14.13 MMC 6w5d discovered 8w6d 2 failed rounds miso D&C 12.27.12
    BFP #3 8.5.13 EDD 4.18.14 MMC 7w4d discovered 9.25.13 at 10w6d -Trisomy 13- 1 round miso & emergency D&C 10.2.13
    RPL Testing. DX Asherman's November 2013. Low AMH (0.44) January 2014. 
    Operative Hysteroscopy January 2014 to remove scar tissue.
    BFP#4 6.18.14 EDD 3.3.15 Team Pink
    --AL always welcome--
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"