Nurseries and Baby Gear

Fisherprice Snugabunny Swing vs Graco duet swing & rocker

Anyone have experience with both?? I received both for my shower and kind of want to return one but can't decide between the two. Any input? Thanks in advance!

Re: Fisherprice Snugabunny Swing vs Graco duet swing & rocker

• jess9802jess9802 member
    edited September 2013
    No experience with both, but we did have the Snugabunny. DS loved it and so did we. We used it daily for six months. The music was soft and sweet (not irritating like so many baby things), and DS liked the mobile and mirror. The motor on the swing died at about the six month mark. We then learned how common the motor issues with this swing. I had registered it so when I called Fisher Price they sent me a replacement motor at no charge. It was back ordered and took a month, at which point we decided to just pack it all away and save for Baby #2.

Despite the failing motor we do feel like we got our money's worth from the swing and I'd still recommend it b/c Fisher Price's customer service is so great.
  • I don't have experience with the Graco but we have thoroughly loved our FP swing. We had the Natures Touch which was the predecessor of the snuggabunny. Worked great for 2 babies- even with near constant use. Sadly it got ruined (mold) so I just bought the snuggabunny off Craigslist for our 3rd baby. Tested it to make sure the motor works (read the reviews) and it seems even better than our first one. I believe the FP swings are the most popular but that doesn't mean the Graco isn't as good.

• Loading the player...
  • No experience with the Graco. We registered for and got the Snugabunny. The biggest draw for us, aside from recs by friends, was the ability to plug it in. So far LO loves it. As he gets older the mirror and mobile fascinate him!

I was also going to mention the plug. But the battery was never an issue for us on our old FP. The lasted a long time. Only switched them out twice in 6 mos. we buy batteries in bulk at SAMs so we always have them on hand :-)

• A friend with twins has one of each and likes her Graco way better - she said the rocking motion is more gentle and she likes that you can use the seat of the Graco separately (you can detach it from the swing if LO falls asleep in it and carry it to another room). That was enough for me to put it on my registry instead of a snugabunny. HTH!
    47a2d904b3127cce98548947cda500000030100AbsWLJi3bsWOA 

• I have the uppababy mesa car seat.... No complaints so far.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"