August 2012 Moms
Options

What a day!

I took DD to a park I take her to all of the time.  We live in a neighborhood that is trying to be up and coming (@BakerBride knows exactly what I am talking about).

Anyway, we I pushed DD in her red car. We parked it there and there were about 4 moms with about 15 kids between them, ranging from a few months old to 7 years old.  I instantly got a bad feeling but DD was so excited to be at the park that we stayed. The other kids were all over DD's car.  I did not mind since the kids' moms were so awful to them (swearing, whipping them, YES whipping them with a leather strap, telling them how awful they were).  I had brought a small wallet and my phone because I planned to walk to Target afterwards. After these kids left I went over to the DD's car to move it back to its spot and discovered my keys, phone and wallet were missing from the hood. Yes, it is my fault for leaving it in the hood.  I should have taken the car away from the kids when they were playing with it.  But, honestly I am most upset that either the kids thought it was OK to take my stuff OR the moms knew they took it and did nothing.

Even more disturbing is that I am sure if the moms get the cash in my wallet they will spend it on cigarettes or something for themselves.  Yes, it took me an hour to cancel my credit cards and phone and I will have to go get a new license (ugh and I am traveling for work this week) but I am just so sad to be reminded how some kids do not receive the parenting they deserve.

This calls for my 2nd night this week where dinner is consisting of wine, cheese and an ice cream sandwich for dinner.
995468_10151780121619767_1204953917_n
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: What a day!

• Options
    That's horrible! I had kids steal Howell's bunny crackers out of my stroller today and I was pissed; I can't imagine how you must feel! If you go to the Jesse White place right when it opens, it'll be really fast to replace your ID. Wanna join Sharona for some hard liquor?
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Options
    I got a Slainte hip bag to bring to the park and I use it in the airport, too because it's comfortable enough to leave on. They looked different when I got mine but they serve the same purpose. I've been robbed before too. H was robbed his first day of work here. It feels so violating. 

.etsy.com/shop/slaintebags?section_id=5912357
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    WTF?!!!!! Who does this at a park? I'm so sorry you were robbed :(
    Oh and I would have called 911 on the abusive moms as I yelled at them to stop. Who the fuck beats their kid? Horrible, disgusting, evil "parents". Sick sick sick.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Oh no!!  What a horrible day.  I'm sorry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imagethe-dude-with-a-white-russian
  • Options
    @BakerBride thanks for the idea.  I ordered one.

I did not know what to do about the mom.  If DH was with me I would have definitely called 911.  Who brings a belt to the park specifically to beat their kid?!?!?  That is so wrong and I cannot even imagine what goes on at home.  I wanted to bring half of those kids home with me....of course that was before I knew they took my stuff.

BTW, I found my keys discarded in the park.
    995468_10151780121619767_1204953917_n
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"