Health & Exercise
Options

Barre anyone?

Hi ladies, I'm not pregnant yet but just thinking about TTC has me all freaked out. I take barre classes 2-3 times a week, and while there are pregnant ladies in there, I'm just freaking out that I'd have to stop. It is a lot of ab work on the floor and I've seen ladies modify by using a ball under their lower back, but is it worth it to pay for the classes? Anyone continue with barre while pregnant? I saw my gyn for my annual and mentioned TTC within the next 6 months or so and she didn't seem too thrilled with the barre/pilates since it's so ab-driven. TIA!
  It's a girl!! EDD 2/28/15
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Barre anyone?

• Options
    Depending on how quickly your body changes, you could probably do it for the first few months of your pregnancy. Then, sadly enough you might have to switch it up for a while.
  • Options
    I teach barre and pilates and I plan to my whole pregnancy. You will have to modify some of the floor ab work in barre classes and I know some preggo peeps choose to leave during the ab section, which is the last section of the class I teach. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, I guess it will depend on a lot on how I feel when the time comes. Nice to hear some "success stories" though! 
      It's a girl!! EDD 2/28/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"