January 2014 Moms

Feeling "wet" down there! Is it fluid or urine?

Just wondering if any of u have noticed feeling more wet since being in 2nd trimester? Today I was out walking with my two yr old and I felt wet all of a sudden?! When I got home and checked definitely water there. I went to shoppers and purchased "amniosense" it detects whether u r leaking fluid or urine. Anyone tried it? Bit worried cause when I got to 37 weeks with my last baby there wasent any fluid. So going to check before going to L & D.... Anyone feel the same or had same experience?

Re: Feeling "wet" down there! Is it fluid or urine?

• i actually have had the same thing happening to me lately not to be tmi but i would get really wet down there that i thought either im leaking fluid or im peeing myself not knowing but my doctor said its normal to have a lot of wetness down there. if you think its your water try coughing if you drip then its your water if not then its fluid, at least thats what my doctor to do to ease my worries but of course like anything else call your doctor and see what they say
  • That happens to me all the time as well. Some days its a lot and others its not so much. I asked my doctor and described what your saying and he said its fine and normal. Good luck :-)

Jaclyn D'Ausilio Jackie D'Ausilio

Married 6.22.12

Baby Oliver Born 1.11.14

• Loading the player...
  • It was worse with DD than it is this time so far, but I was also told it was normal. You're making a lot more mucus everywhere (why some women have sinus issues during pregnancy) and it's normal to notice a lot more wetness (DH is a fan of this symptom ;)  ). I just wear panty liners 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Sounds normal .... lots of discharge.  As pp suggested, I'd get some pantyliners!  :)

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• I actually had some white liquid drip down my thigh earlier this week and obviously freaked out thinking I was leaking fluid. I called my OB and she said even that is normal and just watery discharge, and that the vast majority of the time, you would know if it was fluid because it leaks continuously whenever you move. I have had a ton of discharge this entire pregnancy and it seems to be picking up even more in 2nd tri.
                        Nathaniel Robert born 1.16.2014

• I definitely have noticed a lot of discharge during 2nd tri, some creamy CM, some watery. This is kind of gross and TMI, but is there an odor to it? I have read that amniotic fluid is odorless whereas CM or urine obviously would have an odor. Increased discharge is common.

• I wouldn't worry that seems totally normal. I have the same feeling of extra wetness down there. Like the other ladies suggested, try panty liners. I have been using them for the past month and they really help!

• Me too! It's gross. I need to get pantyliners. I think I might actually have a small UTI now. I may have to call my doctor Monday morning. Ugh...
    imageimage
    Mama of boys, Landon (Jan 14) and Harrison (Aug 15).  

• Thanks ladies for taking the time to reply. Kinda a tmi subject but its a part of pregnancy! I feel better knowing others feel this too. I wore one of those panty liners that detect fluid tonight and nothing so I will just try the liners and see if that helps.
  • Yes!!!! Sooooooo much discharge!!!!! I've been living in panty liners the entire 2nd Tri
    I can't make a signature with a picture and/or a ticker for the life of me...

I'm having a baby, due 1/20/14.

The end.
  • Oh, and sometimes I "leak" :-S
    I can't make a signature with a picture and/or a ticker for the life of me...

I'm having a baby, due 1/20/14.

The end.
  • I also went through this last week. I did see my OB and since I was cramping she said it was a good thing I got checked out. She did tell me if you are leaking amnioctic fluid you will be able to smell it as it has a strong metal smell. Hearing that has helped put my mind at rest!
  • This happens to me all the time as well. Some days its a lot and others its not so much.I read about it in on of the pregnancy books. Seems normal.

• I have the same problem and its gross!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial ticker
    Due with baby boy # 2 in May 2016
    DD #1 born January 2014

• And with all the extra weight gain its hotter down there! Tmi but my thighs actually run together now and I think it's even sweat on really hot days?!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"