Phoenix Babies
Options

Before you buy a breast pump, read!

Just wanted to let everyone know, before you buy a breast pump CALL YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY! Under the Affordable Care Act, breast pumps are now covered by insurance companies. I called mine today and they told me I could get a free Ameda double electric pump, or a manual pump--AND accessories (such as freezer bags/storage containers, plus any additional freezer bags I could re-order every 90 days, around a $300 value). Needless to say, I ordered mine ASAP :) So before laying out all that money or putting it on your registry, give your insurance company a call and see what they'll offer you. I'm letting everyone know because none of my pregnant friends knew, and I only just learned of this last week. The savings is a big help in the time of a new baby.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Before you buy a breast pump, read!

• Options
    Thanks for the information.
  • Options
    Just wanted to let everyone know, before you buy a breast pump CALL YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY! Under the Affordable Care Act, breast pumps are now covered by insurance companies. I called mine today and they told me I could get a free Ameda double electric pump, or a manual pump--AND accessories (such as freezer bags/storage containers, plus any additional freezer bags I could re-order every 90 days, around a $300 value). Needless to say, I ordered mine ASAP :) So before laying out all that money or putting it on your registry, give your insurance company a call and see what they'll offer you. I'm letting everyone know because none of my pregnant friends knew, and I only just learned of this last week. The savings is a big help in the time of a new baby.

Not ALL policies cover breast pumps, older policies (before August of 2012, I believe) aren't required. But yes, everyone should call and check!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My insurance company has a few different companies that I can order a pump through, and that allows for different makes and models to be available too. 
  • Options
    abbiejon said:
    My insurance company has a few different companies that I can order a pump through, and that allows for different makes and models to be available too. 
    Mine is the same way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"