Health & Exercise

Anyone break out from sweat?

Just recently (past few weeks) I've actually started exercising along with dieting.  I'd been doing 60 minutes of cardio and upped it to 90 minutes.  Last week I broke out horribly, I ended up with 4 pimples at once.  I believe it's from the sweat.  When DH and I did Insanity last year I had the same issue.  After the cardio I make the 20 minute drive home and immediately shower and wash my face.  Anyone know how to combat this?  I'd like to continue to exercise so I can lose more and be more fit overall as opposed to just thin when I get to my goal weight, but I'll have less self-esteem with acne than with a few extra pounds. 

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
BabyGaga

Re: Anyone break out from sweat?

• I still break out like a teenager on occasion, and I'm 40.  And some of it is related to exercise...my forehead where my hat sits when I run...my back is especially bad, especially around where my sports bra sits.  No advice for you really, although I'm really wanting to get a back facial...when I find the time - maybe occasional facials?

On a side note...are you doing any weight/strength/resistance training at all?  If not, you may want to scale back on the cardio a bit and add that in.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • sometimes my chest will break out (if I am wearing a tee shirt, instead of a tank)

I don't use a towel at the gym b/c it would be soaked and gross- I'll use a paper towel and wipe myself down periodically..

what kind of body wash/face wash do you use? I exfoliate after working out to clean out my pores.
  • Loading the player...
  • They sell face wash wipes that might help. You could wipe/wash your face/back/chest in the bathroom before leaving the gym.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic               
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sunidaze said:

I still break out like a teenager on occasion, and I'm 40.  And some of it is related to exercise...my forehead where my hat sits when I run...my back is especially bad, especially around where my sports bra sits.  No advice for you really, although I'm really wanting to get a back facial...when I find the time - maybe occasional facials?

On a side note...are you doing any weight/strength/resistance training at all?  If not, you may want to scale back on the cardio a bit and add that in.

I was doing weights for a month or so maybe and didn't feel like I was getting ANYTHING out of it.  I do plan to do more weight training when I get down to my goal weight.

hls19 - I use Mary Kay.  I have no problems usually.  This past week I skipped the gym all together and my skin cleared up.  Very frustrating.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"