May 2013 Moms
Options

Reflux Mommas

Two things: First, LO was switched to Pepcid today after his Zantac stopped being as effective despite upping the dosage.  Anyone else on Pepcid?  How's it working for you?  Did it reduce the amount of spit up or just the discomfort?  Zantac definitely didn't reduce the amount of spit up.

Second, I've noticed a few holes on the right shoulder of a few of my tops.  At first I thought I had just somehow torn them but now I'm wondering if the acid in his spit up could've eaten through the fabric of my shirts.  I usually carry him on my right shoulder and I'll admit, I don't always have a burp cloth there.  Anyone else?
Kim 

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Reflux Mommas

• Options
    DS is on Nexium. It has not reduced the amount of spit up, but he is much happier. It took about 4/5 days to take effect. I think my diet is the only thing that affects his spit up.

As for the holes, I have no idea.
    "Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • Options
    No advice on the reflux, but if your LO's spit up is acidic enough to burn holes in your shirts, then I would consider having him screened at Professor Xaviers School for Gifted and Talented Youth. Yikes!
    She is here! 5-29-13

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just checking back on this thread now.  I'm dying at Professor Xavier's School.  Either that or he has a place at Hogwarts as Potions master!
    Kim 

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"