Secondary IF

I think something is wrong with me

Up until recently we chalked our IF up to DH's low sperm count and motility.

This is my first my first month charting and it is ALL over the place.

I'm still novice at this but it looks like it I geared up to O on the textbook day 14 but then it's like my body said "psyche!"

On day 18 I got a heavy tenderness in my pelvic area and sure enough on day 19 I got a positive DIGITAL OPK but the cheapie line one was still clearly negative - what the hell?

Usually I cramp when I and that has yet to happen. Also my chart doesn't look like a dip for O happen and my temp rise (if there is one) doesn't seem significant because the rest of my temps are all over the place.

1.) can your body have an LH surge and not release an egg?

2.) can you have mid-month cramps and not release an egg?

3.) can you have regular 32 day cycles and not release an egg?

4.) and why the crap do I not have egg white CM? Like ever? Damn you, Toni Weschler!!

Me: 27 DH: 33
Married 6 years
Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
No longer benched per New RE/OB!
Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
March 2, 2014 First AF

Re: I think something is wrong with me

• I'm definitely no pro when it comes to charting. I actually gave it up after 6ish months because it only intensified the obsessing. But, I do know that you can have a surge, and even get a positive, but not ovulate. This happens a lot to women with PCOS. I wish I had an answer to #4, because when people talk about the obvious ewcm they experience I'm like huh?!? I've heard things about drinking a lot of water to improve it...

Two DDs 10/08 and 08/10, no primary IF
    TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx unexplained/weak ovulation
     3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
    2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
    NTNP 5/2014-9/2014, OPKs and TI 10/2014 - 1/2015. 
    RPL testing all normal, AFC, AMH, and FSH all normal. 
    IVF 1.2 1/22/2014 natural cycle start, AFC 28, 300 gonal f/150menopur. 
    ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

• @jen071407

The only reason I started charting is at the request of my acupuncturist. I had avoided in the past because I, like you, feared it would lead to increased obsession (it has!)

I plan to bring this all up with her (I go today) but, I wanted opinions from you ladies as well.

I have been feeling sick lately (like a cold or allergies) perhaps that's it?

Thank you for taking the time to reply I appreciate any input/feedback I receive.

Married 6 years

October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• Loading the player...
  • CheesyPeasCheesyPeas member
    edited September 2013

Are you charting on Fertility Friend or another site where you can share your chart?  I would love to take a look.

You can most definitely have LH surges, cramps, and normal cycle lengths without O.  It's common for PCOS folks I believe (although I don't know that normal cycle lengths are necessarily "common" with PCOS).  I can tell you that I've had a picture perfect 28 day cycle, even with EWCM, and it ended up being anovulatory.  Ever since DS was born, I regularly get multiple crampy days and sometimes even multiple waves of EWCM before I ovulate, and some cycles have a temp dip before O and some don't.  Temping has been extremely valuable in helping me understand my body and what the heck it's up to.

Although I'm an obsessive researcher, I don't know a great deal about lack of EWCM because this has never been an issue for me but I believe it's triggered by an estrogen surge, so it could perhaps be a sign of problems with estrogen levels. Do you get watery CM or do you remain pretty dry throughout your cycle?  Watery CM in place of EWCM is fine and considered fertile CM.

November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• @Lindsey8301 Let me know if you can't access it. I would love to hear your thoughts and appreciate you taking the time to do so.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/45f1e2

Married 6 years

March 2, 2014 First AF

• You can gear up to O and not, then gear up again and O - totally normal.  Remember so many outside factors effect ovulation that it could be because of anything.  My son was the product of a "psyche!" cycle... I geared to O, stopped and then O on CD23.  It's very normal though!  

1.) can your body have an LH surge and not release an egg? Your body can begin to surge and then back down, not releasing an egg.

2.) can you have mid-month cramps and not release an egg? Sure thing! Cramping is caused by so many different things you just never know.  You can also ovulate and not cramp at all.

3.) can you have regular 32 day cycles and not release an egg? Yep. There's not promising that you'll ovulate every cycle but your cycle might seem very normal.

4.) and why the crap do I not have egg white CM? Like ever? Damn you, Toni Weschler!!  I never get EWCM either... I used to! I think it's a hormonal thing.  I'm not freaking out about it.  I figure that's why PreSeed was invented.
    <3 Baby #1 BFP 6/10/2011-EDD 2/19/2012-DS Born 2/10/2012!
    :'(  CP BFP 1/6/2013-EDD 9/19/2013-CP 1/9/2013
    <3 Baby #2 BFP 1/3/2014-EDD 9/12/2014 -DD Born 9/10/2014!
    <3 Baby #3 BFP 7/8/2018-EDD 3/17/2019-Team Green!

• You can gear up to O and not, then gear up again and O - totally normal.  Remember so many outside factors effect ovulation that it could be because of anything.  My son was the product of a "psyche!" cycle... I geared to O, stopped and then O on CD23.  It's very normal though!  

Thank You!

Married 6 years

March 2, 2014 First AF

• Did you use the same urine for both OPKs?  If not, I wonder if youjust have a quick up and down LH surge, and you hit it with the digi and not the cheapie.  If you used the same urine, I'm a bit stumped on why would would be positive and the other negative.  That's definitely a bit kooky.  Are you planning to do another OPK today?  With the big difference in temps between yesterday and today, I wouldn't be surprised if you ovulated yesterday and see your temps continue to climb over the next couple of days. Since FF is looking for post O temps 0.1 degree above the coverline (which will be set at around 97.93ish if O was yesterday), you will likely get dotted cross hairs if yesterday was your O day, so just be forewarned.

Personally I don't think your chart looks overly crazy.  I think you are probably likely to see a much prettier chart by the end of the weekend.  The dip at CD 11-13 is something I've seen a lot in my charts in the past too, and it drove me nuts when my temps didn't continue going up.  I thought for sure I was ovulating because that's how my limited number of charts looked prior to DS.  Obviously no longer a good indication of O for me anymore...but perhaps a sign of ovulation issues that both of us might want to ask our docs about.  Definitely let me know what she says today!

August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 

• @Lindsey8301

Yes, it was the same urine. I like to do experiments in my bathroom with various brands of pee sticks and disposable cups. ( I know, I'm such a loser) haha! I don't trust any one brand so I use multiple and see what they all say. Maybe I didn't hold it in the sample long enough or something as I temp and test at the lovely hour of 6:30 a.m. Fun, right?

What are dotted crosshairs?

Thanks again! :)

Married 6 years

March 2, 2014 First AF

• CheesyPeasCheesyPeas member
    edited September 2013

I love that you do experiments with pee sticks!  And I love that I'm not the only nerdy person who obsesses of this stuff.  I can't believe you haven't temped up to this point; it's such a nerdy and satisfying thing to do!  I always want to fastforward time so that I can have a more complete chart.  It kills me to have to wait a day for a new data point.

Dotted crosshairs (the combination of the horizontal coverline and the vertical line depicting O) are FF's way of saying "I think this is when you ovulated but I'm not going to give you solid lines because I'm not completely sure."  So if temps aren't exactly consistent with what their rules say, OPK results don't match temp results, or fertile CM is observed after O, it will give you dotted crosshairs.

August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 

• KC1212  I am sorry... I don't have experience with actual charting, just have only used the opk sticks.  I think our bodies have always and will always remain a mystery.  Don't say something is wrong with you. That makes me sad.  I could blow you a kiss again. :)

• *sig*

Hey girl! Had to respond to help you out -- I was the exact same way. My charts were wonky for ab bit and I never seemed to have EWCM either. TMI warning, are you getting up there to check? Sometimes women have enough EWCM, but it doesn't drip out into their undies or anything. I didn't really seem to have any. Mine was always watery, if anything. For the record, I remember having a LOT before I got pregnant with my daughter. I bet that had something to do with it. 

It's great that your acupuncturist is helping to monitor because she will definitely have treatments to help get everything in order. I know after a few months of my herbal regiment, my cycles completely evened out and my ovulation moved up (my LPD "went away"). My EWCM never really seemed to come back as much as before I got pregnant with DD, but I never really brought that issue up. I'm not sure why. Denial that another thing was wrong, maybe?

So even though it's worrisome and stressful to see it all over the place now, it's actually a good starting off point. :)
    DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @freakyfast your post made me LOL

@MJC1116 No, I haven't went up stairs to check my CM. I just might have to try that. I haven't in the past because that was always a new level of crazy for me. I mean I'm a compulsive toilet paper checker already..LOL.

@ everyone:

I brought up my f-ed up fugly lookin' charts last night at my acupuncture session and she sort of gave me wax-on, wax-off answers (ignore that if you don't remember Karate Kid). Sometimes I wish I could read her mind. She told me to "bring her the numbers and don't worry about it". I think she knows I obsess.  I told her okay then, I'll let her do the worrying. I leave it in her hands.

With that said, I felt kind of (TMI) down there so I took a cheapie OPK and I'll be damned that thing isn't almost positive. WTH???? And my chart took a huge nose-dive this morning so I most definitely did not O on Wednesday. (So much for not obsessing).

I feel like crap but I think we are going to take on for the team tonight and try anyway. I don't know.

Wanna know the funny part? As soon as I post this I'm going to the store to buy more OPK's and maybe even an HPT because I'm A CRAZY PERSON :D (and maybe new yoga pants.)

Happy Friday Ladies! 

Married 6 years

March 2, 2014 First AF

• KC1212 said:

Wanna know the funny part? As soon as I post this I'm going to the store to buy more OPK's and maybe even an HPT because I'm A CRAZY PERSON :D (and maybe new yoga pants.)

Happy Friday Ladies! 
    You're hilarious! (I'm currently peeved because the Dollar Tree was out of hpts and I refuse to pay more than a buck for an hpt just to check if the hcg is out of my system!)

2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
    ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

• I bought a combo box of OPKs and 1 "free" HPT.

Got home, dipped that bad boy and it is like darker than control line! Hopefully this O is the real deal.

Married 6 years

March 2, 2014 First AF

• Woo hoo! 

• @KC1212 - Yes, yes and yes! And for #4, I would suggest taking EPO. It has helped improve my EWCM. You take it every day with your meals starting at CD 1 until you have confirmed ovulation. Then you don't take during the 2ww because it can cause uterine contractions.

Do you have a link to your chart?

BFP #1 ended in MMC. Discovered Oct 2005 @10w5d, baby stopped growing around 6w. D&C.
    BFP#2 Nov 2005. Baby's heart stopped @ 8w3d. D&C Jan 2006. Trisomy 18
    BFP#3 Nov 2006. My "miracle baby" DD born 7/25/07
    BFP #4 11/6/12. EDD 7/16/13~my birthday! No sac found @ 5w1d, betas not increasing. Natural m/c started 11/20/12.

BFP#5 11/9/13.  EDD 7/21/14  Our beautiful rainbow born on his due date!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"