August 2012 Moms
Options

Wake up times

What time do you wake up during the week?

What time does you SO/DH/DF wake up?

What time does your LO wake up?

If you could wake up whatever time you wanted, what would that be?

995468_10151780121619767_1204953917_n
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Wake up times

• Options

It varies.

DH wakes us at 5:45am

DS1 wakes up at 6am (probably b/c DH was being loud)

DS2 wakes up anywhere between 6:30-8am (but usually wakes up at 4am to nurse)

I usually wake up at 6am, or if DH lets me sleep, 7am

Ideally, I would wake up at 8am.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DH gets up at 5 am and leaves for work by 5:30 am.  Sometimes I have trouble going back to sleep after that, but if not, I wake up when DD does, usually around 6:30 am.  I think my ideal wake-up time would be around 7:30 or 8 am.

I used to get up when DH does to exercise in the morning, but since I like to run or walk outside, but there is no one home and DD is still asleep, I don't get to do that anymore.

BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Both mine and DH's alarm goes off at 5am during the week. DS is up closer to 6 and we're out the door by 6:30.

On the weekends, we just sleep until DS is up. The time sucks on the weekend but it works during the week so its worth it.

I would love to sleep past 7 although I don't know if my body will let me anymore!

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options
    jodegaardjodegaard member
    edited September 2013
    J wakes up somewhere between 5:45 and 6. During the week, DH and I get up when J is up. On Saturday, DH sleeps in (until about 8) and on Sunday, I sleep in (until about 7:30-8).

I don't mind the early mornings, but there are some days that I long for an extra 30 min.
    SeptsiggyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Me-6:30
    DH6:45
    DS- 6:45

Weekends LO wake up at 6:45 so one morning ill sleep till 8 and DH will get up with him and the next morning we switch

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DH sets his alarm for 6 if he has to work but we usually don't get up till 7. LO will get up around 7 also. If it is a rainy dark morning LO will sleep till 730-8ish
  • Options
    I like to be up by 5:45, 6 at the very latest to get to work by 8. DH gets up at 4:45 except for very 6 weeks when he has academics and doesn't have to be at work until noon, but he usually works for his uncle prior and gets up at 6am. DS was sleeping in late with me waking him at 6:30-6:45 to take him to daycare but this past week, he's been all over the place - waking at 4:40 one morning, 6 this morning. For a work day, I'd love to sleep until 6, wake DS at 6:30 and days off/weekends, I'd love to sleep until 7.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I wake up at 7 to be at the gym by 7:30

DH wakes up when DD wakes up-7 or 8 and changes her and feeds her breakfast

DD wakes up at 7 or 8.

I have always been a 7 or 8am person. If I sleep in too much I become MORE tired.
  • Options
    My alarm is set for 615 but sometimes DD wakes me up before then. Same everyday.

DD is up anywhere from 515 to 6am this week. Usually more like 630-7 so I hope she goes back to that soon!

DH whenever we wake him up. Usually 745 on weekdays, 9am on weekends. He's a night owl.

Ideal would be 730 weekdays, 8am weekends. If only!
  • Options
    I wake up at 6:30am when DH does on weekdays, on weekends I sleep until 7am when W wakes up.

Dh gets up around 8am on weekends now. He used to sleep in until about 11 or noon, but I got fed up with it.

I would love to sleep in until 8am, but I don't think my body will allow me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I get up between 5:40 and 6am depends on how the night went.

DH gets up at 4:15am every day.

DD is between 7:30 and 8:30am for the most part.

I would love to be able to sleep until 8:30am every day. I think that would give me enough sleep to feel human again!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    What time do you wake up during the week? 6 on weekdays, 7-8 on weekends

What time does you SO/DH/DF wake up? Same schedule for weekdays but weekends later

What time does your LO wake up? 6

If you could wake up whatever time you wanted, what would that be? 10 or 11!
    m/c 2013
  • Options
    Between 7 and 7:30.

H gets up around 6:00

I get up when Howell gets up. He nurses at 5:00 and I still keep him in the bed from then on. I'm afraid to let go of that nursing/snuggle time because what if 5:00 becomes the new wakeup? :\">
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Options
    I get up whenever DD does. She is typically up between 7 and 8. DH was getting up at 5 to exercise, but then he hurt his knee. Now he gets up with us. This schedule works pretty well for me, although 8:30 would be even better.
  • Options

I wake up whenever DS or DD wakes up, usually 6 to 6:30.

DH's alarm goes off around 5:30 during the week and he snoozes it a few times (which I hate).

If I could pick my wake up time, I would probably choose 9. Late enough for good sleep without sleeping the day away.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We all wake up at around 8. Every once in while both boys sleep in on the weekend, but that's just to 9 or so. I would LOVE to sleep in until 10 someday.
  • Options
    I wake up whenever DS does which is usually between 8 and 8:30

DH varies. Days he has to open the golf course he is up at 5. Days he closes the course and has off he gets up with DS and me.

If I had to choose I would pick 9:00. I suffer from insomnia and its hard for me to fall asleep before 1am most nights so 9 would give me 8hrs on a good night.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    DH and I need to leave for work between 5:45-6:00. We've got a 1+ hour commute and try to beat the traffic. The alarm goes off at 4:30. DH usually gets in the shower first and he gets me up when he gets out. I need to get in the shower no later than 5:00.

I wake DD up between 5:30-5:45. I change and nurse her. She goes to the sitters in her pjs. She used to go back to sleep there until 7-7:30 but stopped going back to sleep at the sitters at the beginning of the summer.

I let DD wake on her own on weekends. She'll wake between 6-7 and on the rare occasion 7:30. If she wakes happy I'll let her play and talk to herself for another 30-40 minutes Especially if she wakes closer to 6 or before 6!

If I could sleep in I'd love to sleep until 10, 11, or even 12! Wait! Who am I kidding. I'd be happy with 6 straight uninterrupted hours of sleep! I tend to go to bed late, and DD still has 1 MOTN feeding, and that 4:30 alarm comes way too early.

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    What time do you wake up during the week?  9am
    What time does you SO/DH/DF wake up? around 630am for work
     What time does your LO wake up?  9am
    If you could wake up whatever time you wanted, what would that be? 9am :D lol
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
  • Options

Me: 5:45-6am

DH: 7am

DS: between 6:30-7am

Ideally, I would love to sleep in until 8.  On the weekends, DH will take 1 morning and I'll take the other morning.

Baby #2!

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Options
    i work 10 AM to 6 PM, so i don't usually get up until 8:30 AM.

DH usually gets up at 7:30. he is a social worker and does home visits so he has some flexibility in his schedule.

DS wakes up between 7 and 8, depending.

i WISH i could drag myself out of bed earlier. i'd love to get up at 7 and have more time to get stuff done in the morning. but DS is back to waking up 1-2 times during the night, and i can't always fall back asleep right away, so i always feel tired.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"