October 2013 Moms

i am depressed i had a bad massage

the dumbass therapist talked non stop, this is my biggest pet peeve. she talked about her kidney stones, herniated disc, horrible birth experience and her ex husband.  committing hari kari would have been more relaxing.   =/  

Re: i am depressed i had a bad massage

• Ugh! That's awful- so not relaxing to listen to that.

image4months_2radioflyer
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Lia1303 said:
    That's annoying, I'm surprised you didn't tell her to shut it.
    i was trying to, i said "I AM SO TIRED"  and i got REALLY quiet, but she wouldn't shut it.  and when someone is massaging your half naked body it's kind of awkward to be like STFU lol

• Geez that wasn't even pleasant conversation!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• That was how my first massage experience was too.  I also told her not to touch my face at all, and she did with oil all over her fingers.  I almost crawled out of my skin.

9/13/12 BFP 9/25/12 M/C at 6.5 weeks

***All AL'ers Welcome***

• Oh that would suck. I would have just stopped talking entirely. Maybe pretended to snore.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Was it at a spa, or somewhere that you could call and complain with out having to deal with her? I am an RMT and that's bullshit :s you either talk about the clients life, or don't talk at all. I'd call and ask them to do something for you..... Be really sweet about it, but let them know you were not satisfied in the least!
  • Get your money back! Who the hell wants to talk during a massage?!

photo 45ad94ec-8f7e-4e11-afa6-d58d009e0ecb_zpse556e368.jpg  image image

• bkeane619 said:
    Shoulda done this to her
    HAHAH nothing makes me laugh more than this skit

• Seriously? How rude. I would have left more stressed than when I went in.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• That's crazy! Thankfully, i've always had the quiet ones...and I like it that way! 
  • Another vote for complain! It's one thing to make small talk but ex husband and herniated disks? No. You should have one upped her and talked about hemmroids and whatever pregnancy ailment you've had lately.

• Oh, and I hope you didn't shave for her.

• ugh I hate when they talk. That's why I usually go to China Town. They CAN'T talk to me. BONUS! But they are deft not qualified for prenatal massages.....
  • I'd be pissed. Trying to relax while trying to listen to that ??!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ugh. I hate when the massage therapist chats the entire time. I realize that it may sound a bit elitist but how can I relax if you are busy unloading on me? I'm not a therapist. I also hate when they touch my scalp after I tell them not to. Why would I want your oily fingers all in my clean hair?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This is so bizarre and unprofessional. I'm with the "you should complain" crowd. What a whacko.

Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. DS born 10-16-13.
    TTC #2 in December 2014. BFP 12-31-14. Expecting a September baby!
  • tmccord21 said:
    ugh I hate when they talk. That's why I usually go to China Town. They CAN'T talk to me. BONUS! But they are deft not qualified for prenatal massages.....
    LOL I love Canal St massages but agree deft not pre-natal lol
  • tmccord21 said:
    ugh I hate when they talk. That's why I usually go to China Town. They CAN'T talk to me. BONUS! But they are deft not qualified for prenatal massages.....
    aren't most of these a 'certain kind' of massage place?  *cough cough

• And just think...you shaved for that shit!
  • OMG I have never had a massage where the therapist chatted at me! I would just.not have responded to her. Hah
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ugh. I said in the past - only once! - "excuse me but I'm really not able to relax and enjoy your work without silence to do so."

• I always let the people know that I prefer a silent massage.  I had one awhile back where the lady actually answered her cell phone and held a 3-5 minute conversation while she was massaging me.  Then she continued to talk to me after that.   Since then I am very clear that I'm there to relax.

I would let management of the spa know that you had a bad experience.  They should refund your money or at least give you a complimentary massage (with a new person).

• I agree with the PPs that you should call and complain.  It sounds like the massage was a complete waste of time and money because you couldn't relax because she wouldn't shut up.  I would push for a gift certificate to come back for another one that you can actually enjoy.  IMO a massage isn't just about the physical, a huge part of it is the mental relaxation and she took that completely away from you so you lost 1/2 the experience.  Massage therapist FAIL!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

image Visit The Nest!

• The first of the two massages I ever had, the woman talked about shaving her chin and face and how disposable razors are better for money saving. I dunno, maybe she was trying to tell me something??? I left traumatized and kept asking DH if my face was hairy. I really don't get that into being touched by a stranger, so always said I'd never do another. Then I got injured and tried the hot stone massage. Heaven. I'd do that one again, person I had never said a word to me beyond comfort words.
  • I would complain to the company and tell them this. You might get one free.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"