Dads & Dads-to-be

5 Thing Thursday

Anyone anyone? Bueller?

Where's @Coltsdad?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: 5 Thing Thursday

• Sandy CohenSandy Cohen member
    edited September 2013
    1) What is a name you want(ed) for your child, but for some reason it didn't work out.

2) What are some of your favorite books that you read to your little one? Or plan on reading...

3) What are some of your favorite video games?

4-5 are you.
  • 1.  I was pushing for Gabriel but MW nixed it because it was listed too high on the lists of popular names in the U.S. and in Michigan.  She wanted to name him something more unique but not weird like Apple or Blanket.  

2.  War and Peace.  

3.  Bioshock:  Infinite, God of War, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Timesplitters 2, Portal 2.

4.  LO is finally over his bout with jaundice.  We've been supplementing breastmilk with formula so he's been gaining weight and pooping like crazy.  I never knew a baby could fart as loud as an adult but man, this kid lets em loose.  Hilarious stuff.

5.  I really need a drink.  Or two.  or five.

• Loading the player...
  • 1) MW and I highly considered Beck, but we were worried that he would be teased growing up by people calling him Becky. The name Van was also tossed around, but we settled with a prominent family name.

2) I really enjoy The How do Dinosaurs Play with their friends or go to sleep books. My son wants us to read him Fire truck books all the time though.

3) I still have my original Nintendo. I love that thing. I miss my Playstation, but I just don't have time to play it.

4) My son just learned how to ride a bike after we got home from work today. It's a pretty awesome feeling to see the excitement on his face.

5) I can go for a beer too, Futant.
  • 1) What is a name you want(ed) for your child, but for some reason it didn't work out. 2) What are some of your favorite books that you read to your little one? Or plan on reading... 3) What are some of your favorite video games? 4-5 are you.
    1) Optimus Prime. I made the mistake of marrying a woman
    2) I really like most Dr. Seuss books, although there are a few stinkers in his body of work.
    3) All the video games
    4) Still loving high fives
    5) I are bored of working.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • 1) What is a name you want(ed) for your child, but for some reason it didn't work out. Johann, Sebastian, Wolfgang where just a few.

2) What are some of your favorite books that you read to your little one? Or plan on reading...  I like Richard Scary, Dr. Suess and some other children's books that we can get very inexpensively.

3) What are some of your favorite video games? Civilation, Total War are some of my favorite games that I can still play.  Stronghold and Cossacks are some other games that I like to play at times.

4) MW has her gall bladder surgery on her birthday.

5) Need to get my LO back into telling us when he has to go to the bathroom.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Sorry, had an early morning run to the Children's Museum with the in-laws followed by my youngest getting fit for his shaping helmet, so I haven't been home and awake for more than about an hour today.

To answer the questions:

1) I got the name I wanted... I was named after my grandfathers and I wanted to make it a tradition for the 1st born boy to be named after his grandfathers.

2) At this point, I pretty much read what he (my oldest) wants me to read.  He's very opinionated.

3) Favorite all time: Tecmo Super Bowl series.  Current: Madden, Call of Duty series.

4) Like I said earlier... my son got fitted for a shaping helmet.  For whatever reason, the c-section, the way he was removed, a DNA thing, what have you, his head is slightly asymmetrical.   So, he got measured for it last week and today, he got it officially fit, so for the next 3-6 months (hopefully not longer, and more towards 3) he'll be wearing a helmet 23 hours a day.  We got a white one, and plan on making it look like a Colts helmet.

5) The humidity got sucked out of the air and it is going to be awesome weather wise for a while... looking forward to it.
  • LokiFollowerLokiFollower member
    edited September 2013
    1) Well besides Mario, Peach,and Luigi I would have to say Jacob because she has a family member named Jacob and because of the Twilight books

2) I can't wait to read the Pokey Little Puppy to my LO

3) I like the Mario ones and the WWE games

4) I put together LO's crib by myself while my GF was at work

5) I can say the alphabet backwards (only thing I could think of)
    Lilypie - (QYVI)
    Daisypath - (cbj9)
  • 1) What is a name you want(ed) for your child, but for some reason it didn't work out.

2) What are some of your favorite books that you read to your little one? Or plan on reading...

3) What are some of your favorite video games?

4-5 are you.

1. Brannigan, duke, Steven

2. All of the dr. Seuss books

3. Bioshock, F.E.A.R., super Mario bros 3 (NES)

4. My best friend wants to name his daughter arwin (after the ferry princess in The Lord of the rings). From Being an a**hole kid I know that it's not bad enough to have a weird name, but to have that name stem from a nerdy reason. I know that kid is going to get made fun of mercilessly.

5. DS due in exactly a month
  • 1) I got the name I wanted.

2) Dr. Suess

3) Currently, Borderlands 2.  All time: Civilization series.

4) Work is really hectic right now.  Not sure when it will slow down.

5) Little guy has started using his inside voice instead of yelling everything he chooses to share with us.  Still just making sounds, but its so cool to watch him develop.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"