New Mexico Babies
Options

Possible move to Albuquerque

There is a possibility that DH will be transfered to Albuquerque and we would be looking for a nice area to live. We would be looking for a good school district, as I am a teacher and would look for a new position. (Albuquerque schools don't look so hot from what I see) Is there a town outside of the city where we should look?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Possible move to Albuquerque

• Options

My personal opinion is to live in the Northeast Heights. Rio Rancho is nice, but I couldn't imagine living with all the dust and traffic. The houses are bigger and less expensive, but again, your living far away from town and the dust storms are terrible. I would not live anywhere near the base. You have a really nice area and the next block is a war zone. I live in the Northeast and I love it! If I could change where I live I would live closer to Tramway, but the houses are VERY expensive or I would live north of Paseo Del Norte. Really nice houses and I don't think the prices are too crazy. I have a wonderful Realtor that we used if you want her info!

• Options

DH and I lived in Los Ranchos (the north valley area of ABQ) before we moved to Santa Fe and we loved it.  We moved to Santa Fe for my teaching job (which I have since left because this pregnancy has been miserable), so we are actually looking to move back!  We would only want to live in the Los Ranchos area.  It is close to everything, but still quiet.  It is a more expensive area, but there are some affordable homes still.  Good luck.

Oh, and the schools are not all terrible, but I would never want to work for APS!  I have a couple friends who work for Sandia Prep and they are very happy.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with HMT, I also live in the NE Heights and this part of town is great. The schools are a lot better than other parts of town and the crime rate is lower as well. I have only lived in NE Heights so I can't imagine being anywhere else. Good Luck with your move!
  • Options
    RUN! Far & Fast! Albuquerque is the worst place I've ever lived. I moved here from San Antonio, TX for a job and I can't stand this city! Once my job contract is up - I'm going back to Texas! People here are so rude, homeless is outrageous, and the schooling & education levels are pathetic!
  • Options
    We live in the NE Heights in Albuquerque but I am a teacher as well and I work in Rio Rancho. I know some schools are better than others, but overall I think it's a really good district. They value their employees and work hard to help the students. I've heard mixed things about the schools in Albuquerque.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ventana ranch has the best schools
  • Options
    The NE heights is my preferred are but I am from abq so I think that makes a difference. But if your looking for good public schools rio ran oh schools are better than abq schools. My dad does a lot of work with Cleveland high and he loves the school.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"