Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Fisher Price Swing vs Mamaroo

I had put the fisher price My Little Snugabunny Cradle Swing on our registry thinking noone would buy it.  Well, it was the first item bought!  However, my husband has since fallen in love with the Mamaroo swing and wants to trade in the fisher price for that one.  Anyone out there have experience with both?  I do LOVE how much less space the Mamaroo takes up than the FP one.

Re: Fisher Price Swing vs Mamaroo

• Options
    I have a friend who loved her Mamaroo but my son would never liked it.  He needs to be moving FAST and I think that's the biggest complaint with the Mamaroo.  You can't possibly know ahead of time what your baby will like so it's hard to say.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options
    I say try it first. Depending where you did your registry you have up tp 1 year to return it and get the mamaroo.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have the snugabunny and sold it! I really wanted the mamaroo! The snugabunny doesn't plug in and has to be run on batteries. Since it was the only place LO would sleep for a long time, we spent tons of $$ on batteries!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

• Options
    JKTTC1 said:
    We have the snugabunny and sold it! I really wanted the mamaroo! The snugabunny doesn't plug in and has to be run on batteries. Since it was the only place LO would sleep for a long time, we spent tons of $$ on batteries!

The snugabunny swing does have an electrical adaptor. I have both and my daughter never liked the mamaroo. She is now 6.5 months and still enjoys the snugabunny.
  • Options
    The Snugabunny runs on AC power or batteries. DS loved it, so we did, too. However, there are known issues with the motor. Ours died after six months of daily use. Fisher Price's customer service was great and they sent a replacement at no charge, but it took nearly a month, and by then DS was weaned off the swing. Not a big deal; we just tucked the motor away for baby #2. But I've heard of others having the same motor problem after just a couple of months.
  • Options
    We had both. I 100 percent recommend the sung bunny A loves it plays and sleeps in it when she's fussy. Mamaroo was ok but so happy we returned it for the fp
    imageimagephoto proudEPer2.gif
          BFP #1: 7/18/12, M/C 8/6/12 @6weeks  Missing our April Angel
                                           Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    As a mom still using her swing at almost 6 months, I just took a look at the mamaroo. I hadnt seen it before. Honestly, J would not have stayed in that thing after a few months!! It would allow him to look straight ahead, and that would have kept him awake all the time. He also would have almost been floor level in the mamaroo which would allow my pets access to him. We have the Graco Dreampeace, and it looks somewhat similar to the snugabunny. However, if you are going to use a Graco infant car seat, the infant carrier attaches into the swing. Meaning you don't have to wake baby if he falls asleep in the car. It's something to think about if you are getting a Graco car seat. We have a Britax car seat so we didn't get to use that feature, but it would have been nice to have. . Our swing has been indispensable.
    Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • Options
    Ding dong me! We had the my little lamb. The one your wanting us in sale at our Walmart on clearance for $139 the ANOTHER 50% off! Excellent but for $70!

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

• Options
    JKTTC1 said:
    Ding dong me! We had the my little lamb. The one your wanting us in sale at our Walmart on clearance for $139 the ANOTHER 50% off! Excellent but for $70!
    thatsa crazy deal!
    imageimagephoto proudEPer2.gif
          BFP #1: 7/18/12, M/C 8/6/12 @6weeks  Missing our April Angel
                                           Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We loved our Snugabunny and I don't think DD would have done well in mamaroo. However like PP's said. It really depends on your child. Since someone already got the snugabunny for you I would try. Add the mamaroo on your registry too. You never know maybe you will get both and pick which you like better and sell the other!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"