March 2014 Moms
Options

When does the line start to appear on your belly?

Re: When does the line start to appear on your belly?

• Options
    The linea nigra? Mine started showing up at 11 weeks with DD. This time around it still has not showed up. Some people never get it.
    image   image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ive never gotten it and this idea lo2
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    didn't get mine in any pregnancy until 3rd tri, very light first pregnancy a little darker subsequent
  • Options
    I started to get mine a few weeks ago... very faint though. But, you can still see it.

BFP #1 10/02/06, EDD 5/1/07 Natural Miscarriage 1 week after BFP

BFP #2 3/28/07, EDD 11/19/07 Natural Miscarriage 2 weeks after BFP

BFP #3 1/16/11, 1st U/S - 1/28/11 HR 132bpm, Missed Miscarriage- 2/28/11, D&C 3/8/11 

March 2011, diagnosed with MTHFR gene mutation

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap and tell them about You, but since I didn't get the chance, would You please hold them on Your lap and tell them about me?

BFP #4 6/26/13, EDD 3/8/14, Delivered @ 40w6d
    Bethany Elizabeth born on 3/14/14 @ 6:48am weighing almost 8lbs 1oz and measuring 20 1/2 inches.

• Options
    I didn't get one until like 24 weeks with my last one I'm 15 weeks tomorrow and still don't have one.i don't remember when I got it with my first 2
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Mine went away alittle but not completely with DS 6. So I still have it.
    Same here--mine had gotten fairly faint and wasn't as long, but it was still there. It's not getting darker now, though. I don't really remember when it first showed up. Sometime in the 20's.
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I never lost it! Its very very faint but I think I was also in the 20s when I got it.
                                           Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I never got one last time.  My belly button didnt pop either.  I did gethorrendous stretch marks starting at 34v weeks though.  I think it's just one of those things determined mostly by genetics.
    Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Mine showed up around 11 weeks, but I heard it has a lot to do with skin tone. I'm Hispanic and have like medium olive skin
  • Options
    I think I had to have been around 6 months or later before mine showed up... it was pretty light though.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Tickerimage

• Options
    This is my third LO and I never got one.
  • Options
    It appeared a couple of weeks ago. It's still pretty faint, but you can see it.
  • Options
    Im a STM and never got one the first time and dont really expect to. Like PP i think it has a lot to do with skin tone.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I never got one in any of my pregnancies.
  • Options
    Darker skinned women usually get them. Fairer-skinned women sometimes don't. And don't be surprised if your baby has one too! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't get one with DS. Instead my belly just gets a little more fuzzy and any fine hairs seem to get darker.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I know I had one with my last pregnancy but I have no clue when I actually got it! I guessing around 30 weeks. I haven't gotten one yet, thankfully because mine from last time just went away a few months ago!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @bunnyfungo I believe it has to do with the melatonin in your skin so it stands to reason that if you're dark-skinned, your linea nigra will be super dark. I'm fair too and I keep checking my belly in the mirror to see if it had shown up yet :) I think my belly is just gonna be covered in "tiger stripes" instead bc I get stretch marks so bad.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I never got one either.  Not sure if I'll have one this time, so far nothing.

DD - Lucia Alessandra 6/18/12  ~~~  Welcoming Baby Boy!! - 3/26/14

• Options
    Mine didn't show until the end of the 2nd Tri....it never went away either...

• Options
    Darker skinned women usually get them. Fairer-skinned women sometimes don't. And don't be surprised if your baby has one too! :)
    That's interesting because I am the palest pale pale ginger there ever was lol. Mine never got super dark but it was definitely there.
    I'm ridiculously pale, too, and I got one last time.  Last night I noticed I have a dark "halo" around my belly button already.  It's weird, but I guess maybe the beginning of a line?

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I'm very fair and didn't really get a line until baby was out and the belly was 'deflated' lol.  Then you could see a line a bit.  
    Me and my Kiwi, both 38.  We struggled with RPL and were blessed with Micah.  I'm a full custody stepmom to Ethan!

image     image

• Options
    If you all had a line, did you also get melasma? Or pregnancy mask?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    katykatykatykatykatykaty member
    edited September 2013
    @kvlrn I had a little bit of melasma prior to getting pregnant, but surprisingly it didn't get worse with my last pregnancy, even though I got a line.  Hopefully this time will be the same!  I tried to use my TriLuma as much as possible before TTC.  :)

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"