May 2013 Moms
Options

STTN and Pumping

For those that have LOs that sleep through the night and EBF, what's your routine during the evening? Do you pump once before going to bed? Do you wake up at night to pump? I have been staying up until midnight and pump then and then go 5 or 6 hours before DS wakes up to eat. I will be going back to work Monday and don't plan on staying up until midnight anymore so I need a new plan. I'm already panicking about keeping my supply up while working and I don't want to mess it up at night either. Thanks!

Re: STTN and Pumping

• Options
    I only pump 1x a day and i do so in the morning before the kids are up. I get most in the mornings. I really don't have any time during the day to pump because DS2 nurses frequently, and I could pump before bed but its kind of late and I don't really get that much anyways. I am a SAHM so I am not sure if this is helpful or not.

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • Options
    Right now I pump in the morning before I feed DS from the side he won't nurse from and around 9:45pm (a little over 2 hours after he last nurses).  

In two weeks this will change since he'll start daycare.  Then I will plan to pump every two hours (how often he currently eats), and nurse in the AM x1 and PM x2 (hopefully).  

With DD my supply did take a pretty big hit when I went back to work and started pumping so I'll try to keep it up as long as I can. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    CNJ4EVACNJ4EVA member
    edited September 2013
    LO selectively STTN. I EP and I am too afraid of supply dropping (mine's low to begin with) so I always pump in the MOTN.
    Edited to add apostrophe
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Lo STTN and I will only pump in the morning on the side LO doesn't eat from. That's the only time.
    Augustus David - Born 5/08/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

my read shelf:
    April's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    When she does STTN I only pump right before bed.
  • Options
    You don't need to pump to keep your supply up if your LO STTN. When I was a SAHM I never pumped at all. But, I am going back to work this time, and I've been pumping around 2am to build my freezer stash. However, like you, I don't think I can keep that up when I go back. When I went back to work with my first, I never pumped during the night and just pumped at work and nursed when at home. That worked fine for me and my supply never dwindled and I never needed to use formula either. It was way easier when I stayed home with #2, but this time I'm going back again when LO is 6 months.

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

• Options
    My LO has been sleeping until about 4, so going from 8-4. I'm not pumping and my body is regulating. My supply seems pretty good.
  • Options
    Klammers002 was me. I accidentally logged in wrong. :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Options
    I EP and stopped pumping in the MOTN. I was tired of not getting sleep. I havent had any drop in supply.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for all the feedback! I'm hoping to pump right before bed and sleep at night. Hopefully like many PP said, my supply won't go down.
  • Options
    Both DS1 and this LO started STTN at about 8-10weeks. Since they did,i never woke up to pump or feed. With DS1 i went a whole year of pumping before going to bed and pumping while at work once or twice. I did notice supply issues once i was consistently only getting to pump once. With this LO i also pump before going to bed and twice at work about 3 or 4 hrs apart. I do wake up pretty full but just have him eat some from both sides around 6:30 and then pump at about 9:30. I stay pretty full in the am since he obviously doesnt drain them at 6:30 but i am having no supply issues. I am actually pumping out more than what he intakes in a day. I usually feed him some when we get home and then again at bedtime around 7:30
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"