School-Aged Children

What age did your boys & girls stop bathing together?

I have a 2 year old boy and 4 year old girl and am starting to notice some curious behavior in the bath. Asking why does his peepee look like that, etc. I think I'm going to start bathing them separate. What age did you start bathing boys and girl separately?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What age did your boys & girls stop bathing together?

• I have b/g twins so we covered differences in bodies pretty early and frequently.  I quit bathing them together around 4 1/2 because they wasn't enough space for them to both be in the tub and not in each other's business. 
    Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • I think if you just handle this in a "no biggie," factual way, you will be able to bathe them together until they don't fit.  It's a good time to talk about how boys and girls have different parts and that these parts are private, only parents and the doctor touch them, blah blah blah. 

My kids share a bathroom but have not bathed together much.  When they were younger, they would sit in the bathroom and keep each other company while they each showered, and they weren't too concerned about being naked in front of each other.  They both became more concerned with privacy and nudity at around age 6 or 7.  Then they would still keep each other company, but the other person had to wait until the first person was actually in the shower.  Goofballs.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Loading the player...
  • DS is 6 and DD is 4.5. They still bathe together occasionally although DS now prefers to shower. They both understand that boys and girls have different parts and we talked about that very early on when they started noticing the difference. It is not a big deal to them at all. DS started asking to shower alone about 6 months ago so we let him and DD takes a bath or shower(with a little help). They like to play in our jacuzzi tub and ask to do that together every other week or so.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • DD is 5 (6 in October) and DS is 20 months.  I don't bathe them together frequently because DS's bedtime is earlier, but sometimes I do if DS is going through a phase where he enjoys having a bath with his sister instead of on his own.  I am pretty straightforward about their parts and it's no big deal; DD is often with me when I change his diaper anyway.  I would actually like her to start taking showers soon, but she's not in any hurry.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • DS is five, DD is 2.5, and they bathe together.

• We still bath DS (5) and DD(2.5) together. They understand that they have different parts and know they arent allowed to touch other peoples privates. I usually supervise though. They bath in the bathroom by my kitchen and I check on them while I clean up dinner. Our biggest concern is them peeing on each other sadly. We caught them peeing in their play tub cups and one time heard DS say Im going to poor this on you.  :-O  They both got in big trouble but DH and I couldn't help but laugh. How do they even think of things like that. Freaken gross!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DS asked to stop at 5 when DD was 3
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Mine never have. But their ages are far apart.

NYS law says that a combined age of 10 they must not bathe or sleep in the same bed together.
    Wow, I don't know why I'm shocked there is a law about this.  My DD (almost 6) and son (2.5) still bathe together.  I know we'll have to end it relatively soon but it's so much easier.
  • We just stopped about a month ago when DS#1 turned 7 he wanted his privacy from the other 2, DD 4.5, and DS3.5 still bathe together. 
  • Mine never have. But their ages are far apart.

NYS law says that a combined age of 10 they must not bathe or sleep in the same bed together.

Curious - where is this law located? I do not think it exists.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers mc #1 2/17/06 mc#2 8/3/06 mc #3 9/7/09
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"