Multiples

Double stroller for two infant car seats?

We have two Britax B-Safe infant car seats.  We were hoping to use them with the double snap and go until the twins are big enough to ride in the double BOB.  We discovered tonight the B-Safe infant seats are not compatible with the Baby Trend snap and go.  Has anyone found a stroller that will accommodate two infant car seats (preferably Britax B-Safe, as we don't want get different infant seats).  I know the Bumbleride Indie Twin will, but only of a particular brand of infant seat.  I think the Baby Jogger City Select will as well, but again, Britax B-Safe? Plus, we already have the BOB and really like it.  The snap and go was going to be our solution until we could use it!  Any suggestions??

Re: Double stroller for two infant car seats?

• Man, I was going to suggest the Joovy Twin Roo but that's only compatible w Chicco, Peg and Graco seats. It snaps it and the babies sit parallel each other.

Does the b agile have a double stroller option that would take 2 seats? Kinda sucks to get a whole stroller just to accommodate the infant seats but I don't know another option off the top of my head.

• We are going with the City Select and the baby store people act like pretty much any car seat will go in it once you get the adaptor. GL!

Ticker/Siggy Warning:  Children and losses mentioned

TTC #1 since 7/2011
    ME: 37  DH: 38
    SA-12/28/11-normal
    HSG-1/16/12-possible blocked left tube
    BFP#1---CP 7/9/12
    Hysteroscopy-8/9/12-blocked left tube for sure, proceeding with IUI#1
    IUI#1 (Gonal-F + trigger)=BFP#2 m/c @ 19w1d D&E 1/23/13
    IUI #2 (Gonal F + trigger)=BFP#3 EDD 1/6/14 TWINS!!!
    Identical girls born 11/17/13
    BFP#4 EDD 8/27/15 MMC at 7w6d

BFP#5 m/c at 6w

BFP#6 EDD 10/5/16  Going Strong!  It's a Girl!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Loading the player...
  • We have two Britax B-Safe infant car seats.  We were hoping to use them with the double snap and go until the twins are big enough to ride in the double BOB.  We discovered tonight the B-Safe infant seats are not compatible with the Baby Trend snap and go.  Has anyone found a stroller that will accommodate two infant car seats (preferably Britax B-Safe, as we don't want get different infant seats).  I know the Bumbleride Indie Twin will, but only of a particular brand of infant seat.  I think the Baby Jogger City Select will as well, but again, Britax B-Safe? Plus, we already have the BOB and really like it.  The snap and go was going to be our solution until we could use it!  Any suggestions??

I think the City Select Twin has an actual Britax adaptor so I am pretty sure it fits.  I have the CST but am using Chicco seats so I cannot tell you for sure.  Call the company or ask at BBB.  Good Luck!

D & L are here at 34 weeks 4 days by vaginal and breech delivery on 11/19/2013
    Two healthy boys weighing 4 lbs 15 ozs and 4 lbs 5 ozs.  Only 6 days in the NICU and getting bigger, stronger and cuter every day! 
  • Well after much research, we learned there doesn't seem to be a "frame stroller" that will accomodate the B-Safe infant seats properly.  The Britax B-Ready stroller will accomodate two B-Safe infant seats (and has 14 different configurations), but it's $$$.  I think we'll go with it and then use it as a single stroller in the future when we won't need the double BOB.  Thanks everyone!
  • I'm seeing two versions of the baby trend double snap n go online -- a "universal" one with stadium seats that says on websites that it fits all Britax car seats and a regular one that says it just fits some models of Britax car seats.  The Britax website only has the regular one, not the universal one listed.  Do you have the universal double one, and the Britax b safe car seats still won't fit?

Married 8/2008. IVF with PGD March 2013.
    3/22 ER: 25R, 20M, 15F. 9 genetically normal, and 3 survived to Day 5
    3/27 ET: transferred 1 embryo, beta 9dp5dt=163, 12dp5dt=639
    4/25 1st ultrasound at 7 weeks = identical twins with heartbeats?!!!
    PPROM at 31w, delivery at 32 weeks of two beautiful girls
  • I'm seeing two versions of the baby trend double snap n go online -- a "universal" one with stadium seats that says on websites that it fits all Britax car seats and a regular one that says it just fits some models of Britax car seats.  The Britax website only has the regular one, not the universal one listed.  Do you have the universal double one, and the Britax b safe car seats still won't fit?

I would look at the stadium seating version. That's what I have. The seats don't snap in, they sit inside the frame and you belt it down tight.  I can't imagine a seat that wouldn't fit in it. It's very adjustable. Maybe you can check one out at a Buy buy baby?  I know mine has one on display.  If they have the infant seat too, then you can try it out.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• We have the stadium seating version. States on box "fits most infant car seats".  It still doesn't fit the B-Safe seats properly, they are loose and don't feel secure to me, even when belted in. Baby Trend website states for both versions - Fits Britax Companion, Chaperone but not B-safe!  Oh well!
  • You may want to check out the Contours Optima tandem stroller. It is only about $300 and has the infant carseats adaptors and the older kid seats. Each reclines and there are multiple configurations.

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am in the exact same situation! However, I haven't opened my Britax B-safe carseats yet so I could still exchange them for something else or return the snap and go. I also have the double Bob and really want to keep it to use when the twins are older. I wish the Bob would fit 2 carseats... then the problem would be solved. I agree that it seems crazy to pay for another very expensive stroller just to use for 6 months or so with the B-safe carseats. I am considering changing to the Chicco Keyfit 30 carseats. For those of you that have the Chicco seats, do you love them? This may sound crazy but before I was pregnant I always thought of Chicco as the cheap brand and Britax as the better quality brand. Clearly Chicco isn't "cheap" since it actually costs more $ and consumer reports gives it great reviews... I just need to get that misconception out of my head. I am on bedrest so I can't go see either seat or other strollers in the stores to compare.

Also, I called Baby Trend today for clarification and they said they can't recommend using the b-safe seats with the old or new version of the double snap and go because their tests show it can't be installed safely. For those of you with the Chicco carseats, do you feel like they are truly safe and securely snapped into the snap and go frame?

Any ideas or recommendations are very much appreciated!
  • This was our EXACT same problem! We ended up gettin the britax b-ready and buying the lower carseat adapter. I've used it for 2 days now and really like it. I definitely didnt like the price, but it was all that worked with our b-safe seats! diapers.com had them 25% off a few days ago and buybuybaby price matched it for us. GL!
  • We also ended up getting the B-Ready stroller with the lower carseat adapter.  I haven't used it with babies yet (only a few more weeks!) but love how it handles on test drives!  We still have the double BOB for later, because I love it, but also figure we can use the B-Ready as a single stroller in the future if the situation calls for a single!  I think the convenience of being able to keep the twins in their carseats when I'm alone or we're all out and about will outweigh the price of the stroller. 
  • Definitely look into the Kolcraft Contour - I just checked and it does indeed accommodate the Britax B-Safe

We are registered for that one and hope it will be our "forever stroller"

********************************************************************************************
    Married my best friend, June 8, 2008

5/17/13 BFP!!! 6/6/13 - OMG its TWINS!

Josie and Lexie were born on January 4, 2014 at 37w2d
    Josie was 5lbs2oz, Lexie was 4lbs15oz 
    Both had a 9 APGAR score with no NICU time
    Planned unscheduled C-Section due to both being breech
    We all went home on Jan 6th, 2 days after surgery

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • You may want to check out the Contours Optima tandem stroller. It is only about $300 and has the infant carseats adaptors and the older kid seats. Each reclines and there are multiple configurations.
    We have the Contours Options Tandem stroller which is compatible with the Britax car seats - I've checked!! We have the B-safe car seats as well! And they're both red! ooOOOoo
  • Baby jogger city select
  • I am in the exact same situation! However, I haven't opened my Britax B-safe carseats yet so I could still exchange them for something else or return the snap and go. I also have the double Bob and really want to keep it to use when the twins are older. I wish the Bob would fit 2 carseats... then the problem would be solved. I agree that it seems crazy to pay for another very expensive stroller just to use for 6 months or so with the B-safe carseats. I am considering changing to the Chicco Keyfit 30 carseats. For those of you that have the Chicco seats, do you love them? This may sound crazy but before I was pregnant I always thought of Chicco as the cheap brand and Britax as the better quality brand. Clearly Chicco isn't "cheap" since it actually costs more $ and consumer reports gives it great reviews... I just need to get that misconception out of my head. I am on bedrest so I can't go see either seat or other strollers in the stores to compare. Also, I called Baby Trend today for clarification and they said they can't recommend using the b-safe seats with the old or new version of the double snap and go because their tests show it can't be installed safely. For those of you with the Chicco carseats, do you feel like they are truly safe and securely snapped into the snap and go frame? Any ideas or recommendations are very much appreciated!
    @leahscarlson

I have 2 keyfits and love them. They are incredibly easy to install, you can use them until your babies are 30 inches or their head is an inch below the top  (and 30 pounds but they will be 30 inches soon), and the straps are very easy to loosen and tighten. 

I am still using the double snap and go (stadium seating) with my 9 month old twins. I'm not in a rush to get them out of these car seats or this stroller because this is so much easier.

I'm actually thinking of getting the Chicco Nextfit as our convertible car seats. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    IVF #1 BFP b/g twins!; loss at 23 weeks due to I.C. and PTL. IVF #2 BFP 5/26/12; due date 2/6/13; TAC surgery 7/20/12, blessed with another girl & boy! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We have B-Safe car seats and the Baby Jogger City Select Stroller. We love it! You just have to buy the B-Safe car seat adapters for the stroller.
  • I'm looking at the Graco Read2Grow from Target https://www.target.com/p/graco-read2grow-click-connect-stroller-black/-/A-14598602#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=read2grow which fits two car seats up to 2 seated young children.  I plan on looking at the Graco car seats, assuming that the same brand would fit.  I hope you find a stroller that will work for you!

Mary (33) and Michael (33)

Diagnosed with PCOS in 2002, Married 4/10/10     TTC #1 June 2011; LAP and tubes flushed in Dec

2012: 6 Clomid Cycles, all BFN;    RE consult Nov 2012: SIS (all clear)

2013: 3 Femara Cycles with IUI, all BFN      August 2013: Follistim/Ovidrel = 3 Follies, IUI on 8/29.

BFP!!!!! 1st Beta = 204 on 9/12/13 2nd Beta = 774 on 9/15/13!!

First U/S 10/1/13 - It's TWINS!!!!

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• You may want to check out the Contours Optima tandem stroller. It is only about $300 and has the infant carseats adapters and the older kid seats. Each reclines and there are multiple configurations.
    We have the Contours Options Tandem stroller which is compatible with the Britax car seats - I've checked!! We have the B-safe car seats as well! And they're both red! ooOOOoo
    tootsscott How do you like them?  Based on my research that system seems to be the best for our family but I haven't talked to anyone who has actually used one.  Any pros and cons you want to share?

(I also plan on getting all the red matching accessories!)

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ceechieceechie member
    edited October 2013
    Jess63085 said:

We have B-Safe car seats and the Baby Jogger City Select Stroller. We love it! You just have to buy the B-Safe car seat adapters for the stroller.

Me too! It's an amazing system. The adapters turn the frame into a snap n go with the Britex car seats. Then, when they're too big, you have the original seats to put back on the frame. It's so easy! Plus we got the high chair attachment that works with the stroller seats for in restaurants. That's pretty cool.
  • LegalLadyBugLegalLadyBug member
    edited October 2013
    Does anybody have the Joovy Big Caboose stroller? My DD will be 3 when the twins arrive and she loves to run around but I want to have an option for her to sit if she wants without pushing two strollers as she does get worn out sometimes. Or any other suggestions on a good option for three that can accept infant seats?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"