LGBT Parenting

Health and Wellness Check In

How are you feeling this week? Success? Challenges?

QOTW: What's the best decision you made this week?
Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
*Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Health and Wellness Check In

• I'm down another pound and a half this week. Considering I'm barely exercising (only if you count what I do at PT) and on estrogen supplements, I am pretty happy with that! I'm now 40 lbs over my goal weight rather than 45. :) My ortho appointment got bumped up a day to tomorrow, and I'm really hoping for good news. I don't expect I'll be able to run or anything, but a little more mobility -- and maybe an OK to use the exercise bike? -- would be nice. I need to focus on doing my PT exercises again this week -- I did better this week, but not every day like I'm supposed to. I should also get back into the habit of doing my mind-body recordings more often.

QOTW: Planning out all my meals for the week on Saturday so my wife could make them for me before she left for her trip. Otherwise I'd be hitting the drive-through every day!
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• DP and I got a coupon that waives the entry fee for the Y so we're gonna join this week!  I'm excited :) They have a warm pool, a big workout facility, and a hot tub!  I think it'll be motivating.  We promised ourselves we'd go at least three times a week after dinner.  Going there right at 5:00 is such a nightmare because that's when EVERYONE goes to exercise so we thought it may be best to wait until later.

Eating has been waaaaaaaaaay off track.  I think the stress of waiting for AF or a positive HPT has made me eat more than I should.  I gotta try to control that better.  Sigh.

• Loading the player...
  • I have continued walking although I haven't done much in the last few days other than my baseball game last night. I have also not succeeded in losing weight.
    I don't like focusing on weight loss because it calls up for me all of this diet industry crap. And I know it is not the only important thing.
    That said we are now 10 weeks from starting IVF and this is not the weight I want to be for that process or for pregnancy. (Obviously I'd much rather have pregnancy at this weight than no pregnancy, but I have 10 weeks so I'd like to do what I can during that time to shed some pounds and increase my cardiovascular health).
    I can do it. I just have to actually make it a priority. And make it a priority all of the time. It is too easy for me to justify things (whether eating something or skipping exercise) and I need to not do that. I need to get serious.

QOTW: health and wellness wise the best decision I made this week was probably finally going grocery shopping
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • healz413 said:
    I have continued walking although I haven't done much in the last few days other than my baseball game last night. I have also not succeeded in losing weight. I don't like focusing on weight loss because it calls up for me all of this diet industry crap. And I know it is not the only important thing. That said we are now 10 weeks from starting IVF and this is not the weight I want to be for that process or for pregnancy. (Obviously I'd much rather have pregnancy at this weight than no pregnancy, but I have 10 weeks so I'd like to do what I can during that time to shed some pounds and increase my cardiovascular health). I can do it. I just have to actually make it a priority. And make it a priority all of the time. It is too easy for me to justify things (whether eating something or skipping exercise) and I need to not do that. I need to get serious. QOTW: health and wellness wise the best decision I made this week was probably finally going grocery shopping
    I also struggled with the whole hate-the-diet-industry stuff when I was losing weight.  On one hand -- I was unhealthy and needed to be healthier and part of that felt like it needed to include losing weight -- and on the other hand, ick.  I will say there were a lot of things about my body that felt so much better when I was thinner -- easier to move (running required so much less effort), easier to fit into clothes (regardless of sizing, clothes are not really cut to accomomdate fat rolls), etc.

And I am also in the same place you are now regarding IVF and pregnancy -- I have this FET looming, I don't want to be this weight when I start it, and yet I also want to enjoy my life in the meantime.  I'm obviously not going to lose (or even try to lose) 40 lbs by October, but dropping 10 wouldn't be bad.  And I'm hoping I'll be able to start exercising more soon so that I can improve my cardiovascular health as well.
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• I haven't weighed myself because it always causes stress. Either I'm the same or I lost a pound or two, but it just makes things more stressful! I have planned great dinners for this week and it is finally not 100 degrees here, so I can cook. We took a 6 day hiking trip and hiked more in one day that we ever have before. In total, we hiked over 25 miles of difficult terrain. It has renewed our love of hiking and now that it is hiking season (fall), we will be able to get out more. 

QOTD: We had dinner at Red Robin last night because it was too hot to cook and I had a salad and bottomless...broccoli :) I was so shocked that the broccoli was only $1, I couldn't resist. While I did have like 10 fries, this was a HUGE improvement for me. 

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"