Secondary IF

14 days of distractions for a SAHM?

I'm about to enter the 2WW. I hate the 2WW. I can ALMOST handle BFNs because its the not knowing that kills me.

Here's what will happen: 1-7DPO I'll keep it together.

8DPO- I'll have the it'll never happen woe is me blah blah

9DPO- staying away from tests (if I don't test then I won't jinx)

10DPO - Linda Blair PMS sets in

11DPO- usually by this time I'll know I'm not pregnant because my PMS is predictable as heck.

By 12DPO- I'm peeing on every test in the house and when they pop up negative I get a beer

4 hours later I'm holding said tests up to every light in the house (what if they've changed?)

By 13DPO I have horrible cramps and I know it's over.

What do you ladies do to keep from obsession?

Oh and I'll confess, I don't care, this is crazy (I mean F-ing crazy) I stockpile the HPTs. Like it could be an episode of Hoarders! I have 1 FRER, 2 Clearblue Digitals, and about 20 ICs AND I CAN'T STOP BUYING them!!! Especially if I catch em on sale or those boxes of 2 or 3!! Here lately I buy the box of regular non digital clearblue ovulation sticks and it includes a digital pregnancy test, so in my mind its "justified" since I need the Ovulation sticks (to back up my OTHER ovulation sticks)

Me: 27 DH: 33
Married 6 years
Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
No longer benched per New RE/OB!
Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
March 2, 2014 First AF

Re: 14 days of distractions for a SAHM?

• Your post made me laugh. Thanks. :) I may be in the minority, I don't really do anything. I try and take it a day at a time until the PMS sets in. I know, what's the fun in that, right? I usually give myself a self-pity day on the first day of my cycle, then try and focus on what the next month will bring.  Not that I don't THINK about it everyday. But in the 2 1/2 years we've been TTC #2 I've only tested twice. I just can't handle the disappointment of the BFN. I have tests under the bathroom sink (out of sight, out of mind?!) But I just can't bring myself to POAS. I'm in my 2WW right now, and if our 3rd IUI was a bust we're going to take a break. Maybe I'll mail you my stockpile of HPTs. LOL
  • LOL your day by day "craziness" pretty much matches up to mine exactly! The angel and devil on each shoulder is the perfect depiction of 8DPO and on!  

Angel: Be patient, no need to test.
    Devil: TEST TEST TEST!!! DOOO ITTTT!

In all seriousness, I do try to focus on my daughters during the 1ww, because let's face it that's when the major crazy sets in. I also have found that exercising helps me let out some pent up stress. I like to imagine I'm "running the infertility out." (talk about crazy!) Cheers to a fast moving 2ww for you! :)

Two DDs 10/08 and 08/10, no primary IF
    TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx unexplained/weak ovulation
     3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
    2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
    NTNP 5/2014-9/2014, OPKs and TI 10/2014 - 1/2015. 
    RPL testing all normal, AFC, AMH, and FSH all normal. 
    IVF 1.2 1/22/2014 natural cycle start, AFC 28, 300 gonal f/150menopur. 
    ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

• Loading the player...
  • Let me see if I can put this into print:  Sometimes I will put something in my calendar or there will just be something in my calendar that I don't look forward to.  For example: We have plans to go somewhere I don't really want to go or aren't feeling it, it seems like it gets here quicker.  Or like right now for me, I hate needles, don't mind it but absolutely cant watch it, and knowing I may have to give myself a shot soon, seems to speed up the time that it will be here.  Or this weekend I have to get my blood drawn to see if I start one of the meds.  It just seems like time goes by faster when there is something I have to do that I am not looking forward to. That make sense?  Also my weekends go fast because we are so busy and I am hardly on the computer to obsess, not like ALL week at work I sit in front of the computer all day. 

• This post had me laughing so hard!! Especially the holding test up to every light in the house to see if they've changed. LOL I do the same thing. My husband said this go around he is going to be my vendor and be in charge of the test. His plan is to take them to work and only give me 1-2 test a week to get my FIX. When their gone, their gone, So I've been instructed to use them wisely. lol. Pshh! Yeah right! I don't care if we live on base, I will tackle him in the front yard if he try's to take away my pee sticks! I am not addicted, and I don't have a problem! hehe! On a serious note, I try to focus on my daughter, and set a daily goal for myself to keep from going crazy. It works about 0.5% of the time for me. LOL :)
  • I'm the worst possible person to provide advice on how to act sane or how to distract oneself during the 2ww.  I started POAS at 7 DPO last cycle because that was Thursday, and if I was pregnant, I wanted to know before the weekend when my dr's office would be closed.  Repeat again on Friday at 8 DPO.  Then I decided I could wait until Monday to test again when my OBs office was open.

But then at 9 DPO came, and I saw that more than half of pregnant women testing at 9 DPO using Wondflos saw a positive pregnancy test, so the temptation was too much.  After the BFN I got depressed and vowed to not test again....until that night when I realized I hadn't peed for about 6 hours which means I shouldn't waste that concentrated urine.  And then I got depressed and vowed to not test again.

And then at 10 DPO I had some cramping that I thought could be caused by implantation, so I tested that night.  And at 11 DPO I had spotting...which reminded me I had spotting with my first BFP, so you know what that means.  Bust another one open.  All the while I was telling myself "you had spotting at 11 DPO last cycle too, dummy.  It meant AF was coming.  Remember her?" 

I feel like some closeted-optimist with ever-present pessimism.  So in short, I think we should start a crazy-club.

November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• I'm the worst possible person to provide advice on how to act sane or how to distract oneself during the 2ww.  I started POAS at 7 DPO last cycle because that was Thursday, and if I was pregnant, I wanted to know before the weekend when my dr's office would be closed.  Repeat again on Friday at 8 DPO.  Then I decided I could wait until Monday to test again when my OBs office was open.

But then at 9 DPO came, and I saw that more than half of pregnant women testing at 9 DPO using Wondflos saw a positive pregnancy test, so the temptation was too much.  After the BFN I got depressed and vowed to not test again....until that night when I realized I hadn't peed for about 6 hours which means I shouldn't waste that concentrated urine.  And then I got depressed and vowed to not test again.

And then at 10 DPO I had some cramping that I thought could be caused by implantation, so I tested that night.  And at 11 DPO I had spotting...which reminded me I had spotting with my first BFP, so you know what that means.  Bust another one open.  All the while I was telling myself "you had spotting at 11 DPO last cycle too, dummy.  It meant AF was coming.  Remember her?" 

I feel like some closeted-optimist with ever-present pessimism.  So in short, I think we should start a crazy-club.

Hilarious! And also feels like reading about myself :) Sign me up for the crazy club!

Two DDs 10/08 and 08/10, no primary IF
    TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx unexplained/weak ovulation
     3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
    2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
    NTNP 5/2014-9/2014, OPKs and TI 10/2014 - 1/2015. 
    RPL testing all normal, AFC, AMH, and FSH all normal. 
    IVF 1.2 1/22/2014 natural cycle start, AFC 28, 300 gonal f/150menopur. 
    ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

• How many HPT do you think you've used in your current TTC journey? I would bet I'm up to 50 in the last 10 months (note, I don't ovulate every month). How about you?

• Hi everyone! Glad I'm not the only loon on here!! :D

@purtz the current journey? maybe 10? (In 4 months) before my son? Countless. One time I peed on the darn pregnancy test stick and when I wiped afterward I saw AF (before the pee even had a chance to DRY on the test stick) that's some crappy luck!

when I finally DID get a + (the first time around) I almost didn't see it, not because it was faint but, because I was in such a habit of throwing them in the trash.

Pregnancy tests don't like me! So I just pee on them and give em the finger :)

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"