C-sections
Options

sex after c section

I am 8 weeks pp and I am scared to death to try to have sex. I feel guilty cuz I know my husband wants to and he isn't being pushy or anything but I still feel bad. I have had a really hard time healing so I think that is part of it. I just got my wound vac removed so its healed enough that I don't need the machine anymore but I guess I am still just worried that something could happen. I asked my doctor about sex a few weeks ago and she said I could have sex again after 6 to 8 weeks so I know I can if I want to. But again I just can't get comfortable with the thought, I am not comfortable with my new body and I just have all kinds of anxiety about this. Anyone else have a hard time with sex after cs?

Re: sex after c section

• Options

Of course!

Are you breastfeeding? Expect it to hurt, use lube. I know many women have no issues with sex, but BF made my vagina very tight and dry.until my baby was about 10 months old.

Just go slow and see how you feel.

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Options
    I like the glass of wine idea! Lol No I am not breastfeeding :( It did not work out for me. But thank you both for commenting :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It can be hard to get back into the groove of things.  Make sure you talk to DH about it, but of course, it's your body and if you aren't ready, then wait.  My midwife gave me the ok after 6 weeks, but said if I didn't feel ready and DH asked, then go ahead and tell him she said to wait a bit longer :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"